My Browser Builds (Part 1)

New Build!

32bit https://o.rthost.cf/palemoon/palemoon-27.7.0a2.win32-git-20171203-f054802d7-xpmod.7z

64bit https://o.rthost.cf/palemoon/palemoon-27.7.0a2.win64-git-20171203-f054802d7-xpmod.7z

Official repo changes since my last build:
- Media - subtitles (implement cuechange event) (efc1cb213)
- CSS - box-decoration-break:clone on block overflow container makes it draw a border (b0c367e8d)
- HTML - input type="number" matches :-moz-read-only when it is not read only (866e7853e)
- Fix typo (RefPtr -> nsRefPtr) (19e254050)
- HTML - editor (improvements) (cdbbd876b)
- Use NS_NewBlockFormattingContext() in ConstructFieldSetFrame(). (4b2512ed9)
- Create block formatting context for DetailsFrame if needed. (861f3122d)
- Add reftests. (857edb7d4)
- Update HSTS preload list (65c519224)
- The profile - resetting (improvements) (948462ac2)
- Reuse ConstructScrollableBlock to build scrollable DetailsFrame. (501418edd)
- Merge pull request #1495 from janekptacijarabaci/media_subtitles_events_cuechange_1 (e6419d9b5)
- Merge pull request #1501 from janekptacijarabaci/html_editor_improvements_1 (41855a980)
- Merge pull request #1502 from janekptacijarabaci/css_box-decoration-break_1 (65ce08409)
- Merge pull request #1503 from janekptacijarabaci/html_input_read-only_1 (188f73ab6)
- Merge pull request #1504 from trav90/HSTS-preload-update (a0a5441d2)
- Merge pull request #1505 from janekptacijarabaci/profile_refresh_migrate_2 (2f3ed6aee)
- Revert "HTML - editor (improvements)" (694cd800f)
- Merge pull request #1507 from janekptacijarabaci/revert-1501-html_editor_improvements_1 (aa0f7a802)
- Merge pull request #1506 from MoonchildProductions/Bug1299753 (828a7e92c)
- HTML - editor (improvements) - follow up (f67fcdbaf)
- Merge pull request #1508 from janekptacijarabaci/html_editor_improvements_1_followUp (814956a34)
- HTML - details/summary - localize the description of default summary (2b0f743fa)
- HTML - details/summary - lists (the "Second item" will be displayed as "3. Second item") (2d611d55e)
- HTML - details/summary - lists (the "Second item" will be displayed as "3. Second item") - remove SummaryFrame (733878906)
- HTML - details/summary - lists (the "Second item" will be displayed as "3. Second item") - potential crashtests (bf325c174)
- Stop including AppVersion in the installer display strings. (b81e5b8ad)
- Rewrite assert in cubeb_alsa.c: alsa_refill_stream to pass back a cubeb error instead. (7b2bbfd88)
- Merge pull request #1516 from MoonchildProductions/cubeb-alsa-assert-fix1 (d49429482)
- Merge pull request #1509 from janekptacijarabaci/html_details-summary_improvements_1 (ec9a2f596)
- Merge pull request #1510 from janekptacijarabaci/html_details-summary_improvements_2 (e4c0d61b7)
- HTML - details/summary - reftest.list (follow up) (10e5565e0)
- Allow users to disable the 4th and/or 5th mouse button on Windows. (d775a1719)
- Merge pull request #1518 from janekptacijarabaci/html_details-summary_improvements_3 (01ff4389d)
- Mac: Re-initialize the Native Application Menu on run. (f054802d7)

On 11/29/2017 at 1:52 AM, roytam1 said:

A cross-posting from K-Meleon forum (since their forum connection is a bit strange at the moment):

Re: Using the Goanna engine instead of Gecko in K-Meleon...
Posted by: roytam1
Date: November 28, 2017 11:59PM

With applying mozilla.patch by hand over palemoon git rev 6bb8c4459(with my XP patch set), and some hacks over generated goanna include files, a test binary is built. 
https://o.rthost.cf/gpc/files1.rt/km76-goanna341-bin.7z

Drop contents of lav.7z in where k-meleon.exe lives for enabling ffmpeg decoder.

Oh K-Meleon folks created a sub-forum for my Goanna build!

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/list.php?19

roytam1 ... I really like the New Moon browser. It does everything I need and I am using it nearly 100% these days.

It gets good Protocol and test results at the SSL Test page ... thanks. I am also following you at the K-Meleon forum. You are busy ! I have made my version portable which I like better to keep my settings and use on any WinXP computer ... I have three at the moment.

Protocol Support

Your user agent has good protocol support.

Your user agent supports TLS 1.2, which is recommended protocol version at the moment.
Experimental: Your user agent supports TLS 1.3.

Logjam Vulnerability

Your user agent is not vulnerable.

For more information about the Logjam attack, please go to weakdh.org.
To test manually, click here. Your user agent is not vulnerable if it fails to connect to the site.

FREAK Vulnerability

For more information about the FREAK attack, please go to www.freakattack.com.
To test manually, click here. Your user agent is not vulnerable if it fails to connect to the site.

POODLE Vulnerability

For more information about the POODLE attack, please read this blog post.

Protocol Features

Protocols:

TLS 1.3Yes

TLS 1.2Yes

TLS 1.1Yes

TLS 1.0Yes

SSL 3No

SSL 2No

Edited by monroe

roytam1, I found this thread a couple of days ago. I highly appreciate your work! Is there a github repository for the new moon browser? I would like to compile a non-SSE/SSE2 for my old K6-III to finally replace Opera 12.18.

Since I am a professional software developer, I might contribute some code or do some serious testing.

BTW... did anyone test this browser with ReactOS?

4 hours ago, TheSnear said:

roytam1, I found this thread a couple of days ago. I highly appreciate your work! Is there a github repository for the new moon browser? I would like to compile a non-SSE/SSE2 for my old K6-III to finally replace Opera 12.18.

Since I am a professional software developer, I might contribute some code or do some serious testing.

BTW... did anyone test this browser with ReactOS?

I don't use a repo for this. But you may download my source patch set and apply it to official palemoon source and compile.

For ReactOS, I had it tested and it works.

EDIT: you may try this IA32 build to see if it works on processor that is no SSE/SSE2: https://o.rthost.cf/palemoon/palemoon-27.7.0a2.win32-git-20171203-f054802d7-xpmod-ia32.7z

and yeah it seems running fine without SSE

7Igy48M.png

Edited by roytam1

On 12/5/2017 at 2:22 AM, Dennnn said:

Can explain in every build, is it for SSE2 or SSE only ?

I still need SSE version with LAV codecs.

normally yes (although I didn't set any compiler flags for specifying instruction set)
IA32 build is what you need.

for SSE-capable LAV dlls, you may try using files from LAV filters 0.69:
https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases/download/0.69/LAVFilters-0.69-x86.zip

if you need non-SSE LAV dlls, you may try this:
https://o.rthost.cf/palemoon/lav-dll-lite-mmx.7z

if it still doesn't work,  you may try non-assembly build:
https://o.rthost.cf/palemoon/lav-dll-lite-noasm.7z

Edited by roytam1
updated 7z location

Roytam1,

Thanks for the excellent work, great job.  Your ia-32 version has allowed me to install an up-to-date browser on a Pentium III using 512 MB of ram to actually surf the Internet.  I have run into no problems at all either installing it or using it.  The non sse2 versions has opened up countless possibilities of reviving old hardware on windows.  Even newer Linux requires the sse2 instruction set.  Has anyone tried using windows 2k with your browser with good results?  I will try to do that as soon as possible.  This version of pale moon even runs faster that non-sse2 browsers, (chrome, firefox) that I have been using on this 17 year old Micron Millenia which has I have been using since 2000.

win2kreviver

13 minutes ago, win2kreviver said:

Roytam1,

Thanks for the excellent work, great job.  Your ia-32 version has allowed me to install an up-to-date browser on a Pentium III using 512 MB of ram to actually surf the Internet.  I have run into no problems at all either installing it or using it.  The non sse2 versions has opened up countless possibilities of reviving old hardware on windows.  Even newer Linux requires the sse2 instruction set.  Has anyone tried using windows 2k with your browser with good results?  I will try to do that as soon as possible.  This version of pale moon even runs faster that non-sse2 browsers, (chrome, firefox) that I have been using on this 17 year old Micron Millenia which has I have been using since 2000.

win2kreviver

You need KernelEx for win2000 to make it work.

7Igy48M.png

Just in case it may still be relevant:

On 7/21/2017 at 12:25 PM, dencorso said:

MS VC++ 2012 (released 10/31/2012), was the 1st MS VS that enabled SSE2 by default (and all its successors do so, too). For MS VC++ 2012, it was possible to compile for non-SSE, by using the /arch:SSE and /Oi- compiler directives, but I don't  know whether later MS VS versions still offer such compiler directives or not.

1 minute ago, dencorso said:

Just in case it may still be relevant:

and they start to use CMOV instructions in their runtime DLL, so most of i586 processors can't run programs linked to msvcr120.dll.

That is fantastic!  What version do I need?  BlackwingCat's?  Extended Kernel version?  Do I need Tomasz86's updates?

@dencorso: Thanks for the info, I will try to look into that.  The SSE2 set was not introduced until the Pentium 4  in 2001 and the AMD AthlonX64 in 2003.  Pentium III and the Athlon series did not have SSE2.  If this is the case, then non SSE2 processors have the possibility of running New Moon.

Win2kreviver