My Browser Builds (Part 1)

19 minutes ago, cc333 said:

Is it possible that iCloud.com could be made to work?

c

Please try official build(on Win 7 or newer OS of course) first.

If official build doesn't work, report a bug to them. :)

9 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

Please try official build(on Win 7 or newer OS of course) first.

If official build doesn't work, report a bug to them. :)

Play back is smooth on 8.1 using official PM

4 hours ago, roytam1 said:

Official Palemoon uses System accelerated codec(Media Foundation) for decoding video, not my build :P

XP doesn't have media foundation but directshow.  Direct show is system accelarated. 

Edited by Dibya

20 hours ago, Dibya said:

Then okay.  No problem. My poor knowledge.  I am noobs regarding codecs  .What about adding settings suggested by @GrandAdmiralThrawn in next build as default? 

https://github.com/MoonchildProductions/Pale-Moon/issues/1438

Another decision to kill xp.

Edit :

4k video playback performance is worse.  I found PM uses libpx older version.  Ffvpx should be adopted. 

I have used a pc with i7 6700k and 980ti. I used above Dx9 hack but no success.  Ff52 esr is working like a charm.

Please fix 4k playback issue. 

It is of course xp x86. 

and of course for VP9 4k, there is already a bug opened in palemoon: https://github.com/MoonchildProductions/Pale-Moon/issues/547

9 hours ago, dencorso said:

Read the 1st post of this selfsame thread, which you evidently didn't bother to read before posting...

That was a little hostile and (yes) I did read the first page...

but it's a little less than 'user friendly' for newcomers (if you don't know what 'binaries' are/or where to put them for example).

I mean well and just trying to help newbies like myself.

Thrawn's initial post/tutorial was very easy to follow and it was at his suggestion that I found myself here.

I managed anyways but it was trial and error.

Cheers and high hopes/thanks to Roytam1 for labors & success.

Edited by goldenequity

iCloud.com doesn't work with the official PM build on Win 7x64 either, so it's a bug in the official source.

However, when people asked about it on the forum over there, the answer was basically "live with it," so I kinda got turned me off to filing a bug report there.

Hence my question here. I thought maybe you could take a look at the problem for your next build, and maybe implement some sort of fix.

c

3 hours ago, cc333 said:

iCloud.com doesn't work with the official PM build on Win 7x64 either, so it's a bug in the official source.

However, when people asked about it on the forum over there, the answer was basically "live with it," so I kinda got turned me off to filing a bug report there.

Hence my question here. I thought maybe you could take a look at the problem for your next build, and maybe implement some sort of fix.

c

Try filing bug here then ;)

https://github.com/MoonchildProductions/Pale-Moon/issues

1 hour ago, newl71 said:

roytam1
can you to create new icon of exe blue color? because black is ugly

I find it fitting to have a different icon color for the New Moon fork instead of the original blue Pale Moon icon, and I don't dislike black. So that's a matter of individual tastes. Maybe you could also just assign the original icon to the palemoon.exe of the New Moon fork on your local machine(s). I've attached the icon group of the original Pale moon to this post (as an .ico file containing the blue icons in several resolutions).

palemoon.ico

Keep in mind, you can't assign it to the .exe directly. Create a desktop or task bar link to palemoon.exe, then right-click that and pick "properties". There you can assign a new icon for that link.

Edited by GrandAdmiralThrawn

3 hours ago, newl71 said:

roytam1
can you to create new icon of exe blue color? because black is ugly

Sure if you can draw a new set of icons for the project ;)

Edited by roytam1