My Browser Builds (Part 1)

2 hours ago, sdfox7 said:

This browser does not work for me at all. Attempting to use New Moon 27.6.0 fails and WinRAR spits up a bunch of extraction errors. This is on my T41 with XP SP3:

nm2760.jpg

Try extracting with 7-zip as archive is compressed with LZMA2.

New Build!

32bit https://o.rthost.cf/palemoon/palemoon-27.6.0a1.win32-git-20171029-9a44165b2-xpmod.7z

64bit https://o.rthost.cf/palemoon/palemoon-27.6.0a1.win64-git-20171029-9a44165b2-xpmod.7z

Official repo changes since my last build:
- Update preferences to use the new AUS infra. (117926d)
- Don't set a fallback detailsURL since we supply this in the update XML. (6799590)
- Don't use OpenMP on KISS‐FFT (91c8e54)
- Rework DecodedStream::RecreateData() (d1e0736)
- Rename MediaDecoder::UpdateDecodedStream to MediaDecoder::UpdateStreamBlockingForPlayState (2ab33cc)
- Move AddOutputStream code below MediaDecoder::Load() (df9ab24)
- Move MediaDecoder::UpdateStreamBlockingForStateMachinePlaying to the MDSM (2f761ba)
- Move MediaDecoder::UpdateStreamBlockingForPlayState to the MDSM (a828d01)
- Rework MediaDecoder::AddOutputStream and move related code to the MDSM (9a0c52d)
- Merge pull request #1426 from MoonchildProductions/aus‐update (b76b89a)
- Merge pull request #1429 from trav90/media‐work (bf22598)
- Make sure the AUS %PRODUCT% var is an acceptable version of the application name. (a62ccf0)
- Make sure channel‐prefs.js is packaged into MAR files. (956932b)
- Use buffered range to determine next frame availability (3d60d11)
- [MSE] Move the definition of EOS_FUZZ to be public (aacfa2b)
- [MSE] Enable NextFrameBufferedStatus() for MediaSourceDecoder (1c614f8)
- [MSE] Determine when canplaythrough can be fired (526676c)
- Add mochitest that ensures the canplay/canplaythrough and readyState is properly updated according to buffering condition (7e05571)
- Don't immediately fire canplaythrough for streams without duration (fedc5a8)
- Align for(let x=n ; ; ) loops with the finalized ES6 spec. (fff7ef4)
- Merge pull request #1431 from trav90/media‐work (fe81f2d)
- Fix incorrect MPL 1.1 header in safemode dialog. (607fa4d)
- Rewrite the safe mode dialog script and preprocess it. (9a44165)
- Convert C‐style license blocks to native XML/JS style. (49d4d3d)
- Remove preprocessing of safemode.js again. (6d87d31)

My changes since my last build:
- Replaced KISS FFT with MoonchildProductions/kissfft with a fix of compilation with MSVC 2013
- Replaced mozjemalloc with Firefox 54 one, with some changes for compilation

On 29 Октябрь 2017 г. at 5:15 PM, roytam1 said:

for ru-board forum
http://forum.ru-board.com/topic.cgi?forum=5&topic=36098&start=3280#lt
roytam1
утечка памяти на XP-версиях ПалеМуна при воспроизведении потокового видео (Ютюб, Видеомайлру ...)
Версии: palemoon-27.5.1.win32.installer.exe (Feodor ), palemoon-27.6.0a1.win32-git-20171029-9a44165b2-xpmod.7z (roytam1).
На официальной (Palemoon-Portable-27.5.1.win32.exe) утечка не наблюдается.

Leak of memory in youtube video. Official Palemoon all fine. Some minutes eating all memory and OS crashing

23 minutes ago, newl71 said:

for ru-board forum
http://forum.ru-board.com/topic.cgi?forum=5&topic=36098&start=3280#lt
roytam1
утечка памяти на XP-версиях ПалеМуна при воспроизведении потокового видео (Ютюб, Видеомайлру ...)
Версии: palemoon-27.5.1.win32.installer.exe (Feodor ), palemoon-27.6.0a1.win32-git-20171029-9a44165b2-xpmod.7z (roytam1).
На официальной (Palemoon-Portable-27.5.1.win32.exe) утечка не наблюдается.

Leak of memory in youtube video. Official Palemoon all fine. Some minutes eating all memory and OS crashing

Does it happen in older build?

6 minutes ago, Dibya said:

I am wondering if vlc soarcecode can be implemented for providing h264 media playback functionality on PM then it may be better as lav requires a good cpu.

There is no difference with LAV and VLC as they all use ffmpeg libraries.

On 10/26/2017 at 8:11 PM, dv_2 said:

Yes, and no layer acceleration either:

[image cut from quote]

Slower in fact than Firefox ESR.

[image cut from quote]

Mozilla oddly removed all real acceleration on XP after something like Firefox 28.  Palemoon should at least be on par with Firefox in layer acceleration, no?  Not complaining or anything (I've never switched to Palemoon for this reason alone.  Heck, I could really use the 64-bit advantage of it.

Either way, I'll be forced to switch after Mozilla ends ESR for XP.

You may attempt to force layer acceleration with New Moon. You need to set the property "layers.acceleration.force-enabled" to "true" on the about:config page. For me, I also had to set either "layers.prefer-d3d9" or "layers.prefer-opengl" to "true" for it to work for some reason. Maybe it tries D3D10 or higher and just fails when it's not detected, no automatic fallback? Anyway, OpenGL gave me display glitches, so I went with D3D9.

With that, videos also play fine in YouTubes' fullscreen mode, which is otherwise unusable. GPU is a GTX Titan Black in my case, with the last XP x64 driver, 368.81. Not sure how stable it really is though, I've only played with this for a while, then switched it off again, as I don't really need it. Just wanted to see how I can get fullscreen video to render smoothly, because somebody asked me to find a way to do this with New Moon.

Edited by GrandAdmiralThrawn
Added GPU driver version

It works ! :w00t: Thanks a lot, this is greatly appreciated and much more useful than other trollish topics. :ph34r: It would need more testing but at first glance it seems to work with a NVIDIA 8600M GT and last XP 32 drivers.

Thanks again to you and to roytam1 for all the efforts.

3 hours ago, roytam1 said:

There is no difference with LAV and VLC as they all use ffmpeg libraries.

Then okay.  No problem. My poor knowledge.  I am noobs regarding codecs  .What about adding settings suggested by @GrandAdmiralThrawn in next build as default? 

https://github.com/MoonchildProductions/Pale-Moon/issues/1438

Another decision to kill xp.

Edit :

4k video playback performance is worse.  I found PM uses libpx older version.  Ffvpx should be adopted. 

I have used a pc with i7 6700k and 980ti. I used above Dx9 hack but no success.  Ff52 esr is working like a charm.

Please fix 4k playback issue. 

It is of course xp x86. 

Edited by Dibya

11 hours ago, Dibya said:

Then okay.  No problem. My poor knowledge.  I am noobs regarding codecs  .What about adding settings suggested by @GrandAdmiralThrawn in next build as default? 

https://github.com/MoonchildProductions/Pale-Moon/issues/1438

Another decision to kill xp.

Edit :

4k video playback performance is worse.  I found PM uses libpx older version.  Ffvpx should be adopted. 

I have used a pc with i7 6700k and 980ti. I used above Dx9 hack but no success.  Ff52 esr is working like a charm.

Please fix 4k playback issue. 

It is of course xp x86. 

I can try updating libvpx with 52esr one, but I think I can't use ffvpx because palemoon's build system can't use assembler flags.

Not to mention you have to fix code to use ffvpx.

BTW: https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?t=13086

Edited by roytam1

Greetings all..

I found my way here by way of the FF mod found here http://wp.xin.at/archives/4059

I have extracted & loaded the latest New Moon on XP/32bit and it loads quick & is VERY light on CPU/mem VERY IMPRESSIVE/THANK YOU!!!

I'm still behind the curve though... my goal is still the same: using HTML5 and not Adobe Flash for video plugin

This is my current status on Youtube...

html5.jpg.a08cf4c4565066c664f1fe0897abfb04.jpg

My question: Do I still follow the same procedure (as detailed in above link for FF) for New Moon? Adobe Primetime not needed?

Sorry for my confusion... any help would be appreciated. thanx. :)