Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

roytam1

My build of New Moon (temp. name) a.k.a. Pale Moon for XP

On 9/18/2018 at 12:52 AM, VistaLover said:

On the official Pale Moon camp, Pale Moon v28.1.0 (stable) has just been tagged and released as source; I expect that Windows binaries be available imminently (most probably tomorrow, or the day after) ...

Consequently, the unstable update channel, sourced from the master branch, has been bumped to v28.2.0a1; if over the coming weekend @roytam1 does clobber (as he should...) when building new binaries, NM28 builds will have the bumped appVersion and installed language packs (aimed at maxVersion=28.1.0a1) will get disabled... Just a heads up... ;)

if it is not forcing a clobber, I'll keep v28.1.0a1. For whatever reason, changing application/palemoon/config/version.txt doesn't seem cause a reconfigure to be happened.

29 minutes ago, msfn-guest456 said:

you can't "drag" the Add-on icon from the menu...

THIS is the Add-on icon that I want to be able to place on the Navigation Toolbar...

As posted already by @roytam1, AppMenu items are not movable outside of the AppMenu button - this has always been the case in the pre-Australis Firefox GUI - OTOH, the Australis GUI has a native add-ons button which you can move and place where you please; FYI, Basilisk (Serpent) 52.9.0 browser comes with the Australis default skin/GUI...

In the case of Pale Moon and forks (as well as Firefox < 29.0), if you want one-click access to the addons manager (AOM, about:addons) via toolbar button, in addition to what has been already suggested by Roy, you can install this simple extension from 2011:

https://addons.mozilla.org/el/firefox/addon/aboutaddonsbutton/versions/

This works fine for me in NM28; one other option you may want to explore is:

https://codefisher.org/toolbar_button/toolbar_button_maker/

where there's already a pre-made selection to create an "Add-ons toolbar button" extension... :)

40 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

if it is not forcing a clobber, I'll keep v28.1.0a1. For whatever reason, changing application/palemoon/config/version.txt doesn't seem cause a reconfigure to be happened

Hello again :), I do hope life has gotten back to, somewhat, normal :rolleyes: where you live, after that terrible natural catastrophe; the footage of Mangkhut ravaging SE Asia that we watched over here was daunting :o:(, to say the least...

Back to the topic, if I understood you correctly, you said that a simple appVersion change doesn't merit a full clobber, which itself entails considerably longer build times, not to mention the increased power (electricity) consumption by the build-machine... If that's the case, I do understand, after all you know what's best for your building system...

My only gripe is, if produced build stays in v28.1.0a1, this leaves room for some misinterpretation; 28.1.0a1 < 28.1.0, yet today's (Sat, Sept 22nd 2018) imminent NM28 build will be built on 28.2.0a1 code (i.e. newer that the officially released stable Pale Moon 28.1.0 build); and in any case, you will have to start building fresh at some point, won't you? It's the same thing with your Tycho builds, which still report v27.9.1a1, when in reality they should report v27.9.5a1...

FWIW, the official unstable Pale Moon has been released on the 20th, appVersion="28.2.0a1", buildID (for win32)="20180919142716" and file version of palemoon.exe = 4.1.5.6836

One last question/request for help: Do you happen to know where exactly in the compiled browser modules is the actual appVersion string stored? I searched both omni.ja files (./omni.ja & ./browser/omni.ja) with 7-zip/NotePad++ and while I found some references, changing those and repacking the .ja files did not alter appVersion (I also use the Version in Add-on bar extension...) :angry:

I echo everyone's sentiments here by saying you are a true life saver :worship: at this point for XP/Vista OSes, as practically no other browser (except your forks) is currently in active development for those OSes (... of course, credit also goes to MC Productions for maintaining original PM and Basilisk...)

Keep well :thumbup

New build of basilisk/UXP for XP!

Test binary:
Win32 https://o.rthost.cf/basilisk/basilisk52-g4.1.win32-git-20180922-3c04affe2-xpmod.7z
Win64 https://o.rthost.cf/basilisk/basilisk52-g4.1.win64-git-20180922-3c04affe2-xpmod.7z

diff: https://o.rthost.cf/basilisk/UXP-xp-gitdiff-20180606.7z

PM28XP build:
Win32 https://o.rthost.cf/palemoon/palemoon-28.1.0a1.win32-git-20180922-3c04affe2-xpmod.7z
Win64 https://o.rthost.cf/palemoon/palemoon-28.1.0a1.win64-git-20180922-3c04affe2-xpmod.7z

Official repo changes since my last build:
- Stop using PodZero in several places to initialize values of non-trivial type (847f12e88)
- Initialize some asm.js structures using in-class initializers instead of PodZero (8bac8c27f)
- Call memset on a void*, not a T*, in js_delete_poison to avoid memset-on-nontrivial warnings with gcc that don't matter for an object whose lifetime is about to end (d902382d8)
- Don't memset-zero the BacktrackingAllocator::vregs array of non-trivial VirtualRegister instances (0712ac7f8)
- Stop using the MainThreadTaskQueue from service workers. (ad30b9265)
- Stop using the worker MainThreadTaskQueue from dom/fetch. (b2cbc7b65)
- Send worker-runnables destined for the main thread actually to the main thread. (0384dc34b)
- Merge pull request #767 from trav90/class-memaccess-errors (08dd8ff76)
- [PALEMOON] Skip notifications for background tabs when restoring a session (465c0a564)
- [BASILISK] Skip notifications for background tabs when restoring a session (c5ea5076e)
- Merge pull request #770 from JustOff/PR_bgtab_notify (d118d486a)
- New cycle version bump. (5bcd1cc22)
- Use SessionStore.promiseInitialized() to avoid race condition in "about:home" (#774) (ab47a3a9a)
- Rewrite the Code of Conduct document. (89f2f7627)
- Merge branch 'worker-fix' (abb2a2a1d)
- Add a null check in nsHttpTransaction::Close. (4b9081197)
- Fix timer overflow on converting from sec to msec in idleService (7214d60a1)
- Merge pull request #778 from MihailZenkov/master (4f89ce5af)
- Give uint8_clamped a defaulted (and also trivial) default constructor, copy constructor, and copy-assignment operator. (33cd07bce)
- Don't use PodCopy/PodMove to implement typed-array element-to-element copying (a0737572d)
- Rename TypeSet::clone to TypeSet::cloneIntoUninitialized to indicate that it freshly initializes the TemporaryTypeSet* provided to it. (3b362e9de)
- [PALEMOON] Restore strings mistakenly removed by [8be0c16be614d54183ee3d4877e2243cb9e468c8] (922c13081)
- Merge pull request #781 from JustOff/PR_fileExecutableSecurityWarning (07a50b5c5)
- Merge pull request #782 from trav90/class-memaccess-errors (3c04affe2)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VistaLover said:

you will have to start building fresh at some point, won't you?

yes it will be, eventually.

1 hour ago, VistaLover said:

Do you happen to know where exactly in the compiled browser modules is the actual appVersion string stored?

this is stored in palemoon.exe and xul.dll.

1 minute ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

@roytam1

Hi.

The Win32 Basilisk52 link not work.

tested and it is working. you may try to use http:// instead.

Edited by roytam1

You could use Smart HTTPS 0.2.5 as it says " automatically changes HTTP protocol to HTTPS and if loading encounters error, reverts it back to HTTP ".