My Browser Builds (Part 1)

On 8/18/2018 at 3:19 PM, TechnoRelic said:

Using NM28XP -- Okay, try this:
For (Browser Address URL) "about:config"

Type (Top Search Box) "media." -- (Note 'period' on the end)

It should list this 'setting' at top:
"media.autoplay.enabled"

So, set this (above) to "true" for 'autoplay' immediate startup.
I had it set to "false" because I like it that way.
I suspect that I changed it to that (false) without recalling it.
Anyway, the 'toggle' aspect of this setting works with YOUTUBE here.
I assume that it impacts (Adobe) FLASH media (and others) too.

I should have thought to find and check this setting sooner.

That worked.

It's funny how you tell me type the address about:config, and search for "media"....lol.  You should just say, "go to about:config and change media.autoplay.enabled to true" ....lol.

Very helpful though.

Hi Everyone!

I just got around to trying New Moon, and unfortunately, my fear of not being able to run with Pale Moon was realized. (Latest version 26.5 for Windows XP, my main browser) This makes it impossible to use as a secondary browser, I assume because they have the same process name (palemoon.exe). What I didn't expect is for it to use my user profile and extensions from Pale Moon!  When I closed it to go back to Pale Moon, it broke my theme (which was fixed with another restart) and my bookmarks bar is now broken and appears blank (not fixed with any restarts).  Should I try reinstalling Pale Moon (or re-running the installer) or will that ruin things more?

The reason I tested today is because I am trying to get this bug in the Mozilla codebase fixed!  I was hoping they would fix it in Firefox 52.x ESR, but they are not being very co-operative, despite how prominent and severe it is! (dropdown menus are broken). I was tempted to reply on Bugzilla again today since they have demoted the bug from P1 to P5 for no apparent reason and marked as "nofix" which is very concerning, but I didn't want to annoy anyone there more and thought I'd check to see what people here thought first.

As expected, the bug exists in New Moon as well, so I thought I would just bring it to the attention of @roytam1 and you other fine folks here who may be able to assist in either submitting a patch to Mozilla and/or fixing it in New Moon.

Thanks,
       Thomas

Edited by ThomasW

5 hours ago, ThomasW said:

Hi Everyone!

I just got around to trying New Moon, and unfortunately, my fear of not being able to run with Pale Moon was realized. (Latest version 26.5 for Windows XP, my main browser) This makes it impossible to use as a secondary browser, I assume because they have the same process name (palemoon.exe). What I didn't expect is for it to use my user profile and extensions from Pale Moon!  When I closed it to go back to Pale Moon, it broke my theme (which was fixed with another restart) and my bookmarks bar is now broken and appears blank (not fixed with any restarts).  Should I try reinstalling Pale Moon (or re-running the installer) or will that ruin things more?

The reason I tested today is because I am trying to get this bug in the Mozilla codebase fixed!  I was hoping they would fix it in Firefox 52.x ESR, but they are not being very co-operative, despite how prominent and severe it is! (dropdown menus are broken). I was tempted to reply on Bugzilla again today since they have demoted the bug from P1 to P5 for no apparent reason and marked as "nofix" which is very concerning, but I didn't want to annoy anyone there more and thought I'd check to see what people here thought first.

As expected, the bug exists in New Moon as well, so I thought I would just bring it to the attention of @roytam1 and you other fine folks here who may be able to assist in either submitting a patch to Mozilla and/or fixing it in New Moon.

Thanks,
       Thomas

If you have Win7 with classic theme, you may try asking in pale moon forum.

Jody Thornton said:

I was using the Qdownloader site. It seems to work most of the time, without a plugin.

Thank you! :) Fantastic video downloader site, just what I needed since years: all sorts of sites to download from, all sorts of available sizes, plus some convertions, and the best: no frills, no bloat, no traps, can keep all my shields up and it still works!
example
https://qdownloader.net/download?video=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DeYWRD6LbllY

As long as such a simple site is available, not insisting on JS or even XHR, I very much prefer it to most plugins and addons which usually run tons of scripts, zero control for users. Edited by siria

On 8/11/2018 at 8:00 PM, DontJoinTheMilitary said:

There's still an issue in Basilisk with distorted audio in Twitter videos.

And the issue is now present in New Moon as well (it wasn't present back when were using the LAV codecs for playing media in New Moon but it is now).
The issue is present on three completely different computers of mine so it's not simply an isolated computer problem.
This isn't a complaint or a request for help (I don't even use Twitter). I'm just reporting a bug.
Here's a video in which the audio is distorted:  https://twitter.com/josefkenny/status/974587426676117505

OS: Windows XP Pro SP3 (actual installs, not VM installs)

Will try to update ffvpx to 3.4.4 so see if it still happens or not (doesn't happen with private build of basilisk55 after updating ffvpx, lets see if same happens on PM28/BK52 or not)

Edited by roytam1

17 minutes ago, wyxchari said:

Google, Configuration, Search configuration, Save, Ok --> It always shows captcha and the click is not marked when hit with the mouse.

?????

Screenshot - 23_08_2018 , 17_15_30.jpg

yeah it happens, when you're using shared outgoing proxy(like company web proxy) i.e. too many search operations from same IP.

50 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

yeah it happens, cuando usas proxy saliente compartido(como proxy web de la compañía) i.e. too many search operations from same IP.

XP SP3 x32 hack POSReady. With Chrome 49.0.2623.112 and Firefox 52.9.0esr also shows captcha but I can click. I do not use proxies. It can be by my internet provider. I do not care if there are captchas, but why can not I click and solve the captcha?

Test Google captcha: https://patrickhlauke.github.io/recaptcha

Firefox and Chrome click, New Moon no click.

Edited by wyxchari

42 minutes ago, wyxchari said:

XP SP3 x32 hack POSReady. With Chrome 49.0.2623.112 and Firefox 52.9.0esr also shows captcha but I can click. I do not use proxies. It can be by my internet provider. I do not care if there are captchas, but why can not I click and solve the captcha?

Firefox and Chrome click, New Moon no click.

what new moon version you're using?

both v27 and v28 works fine here.

22 hours ago, roytam1 said:

what new moon version you're using?

both v27 and v28 works fine here.

For PIII with New Moon SEE 27.8.0a1+ XP, the click does not work:

aboutnm.jpg

For Intel Atom N270 with New Moon 27.9.1a1 + XP, the click does not work:

Screenshot - 23_08_2018 , 19_04_30.jpg

With New Moon 27.9.1a1 + Windows 7, the click does not work.

With Mypal 27.9.4 + XP, the click does not work.

With Pale Moon 28.0.0 + Windows 7, the click does work.

With Pale Moon 27.9.4 + Windows 7, the click does work.

Edited by wyxchari

6 hours ago, wyxchari said:

For PIII with New Moon 27.8.0a1+ XP, the click does not work:

aboutnm.jpg

For Intel Atom N270 with New Moon 27.9.1a1 + XP, the click does not work:

Screenshot - 23_08_2018 , 19_04_30.jpg

With New Moon 27.9.1a1 + Windows 7, the click does not work.

With Mypal 27.9.4 + XP, the click does not work.

With Pale Moon 28.0.0 + Windows 7, the click does work.

With Pale Moon 27.9.4 + Windows 7, the click does work.

try starting browser in safe mode (Help -> Restart Browser in Safe mode) to test again