My Browser Builds (Part 1)

5 hours ago, GTAGAME said:

Pale Moon 28 b5 works flawlessly on Vista and i can finally update all my addons and add UserScripts, that didn't work on 27.

Can't wait for a1 :thumbup

@Roytam1 and @GTAGAME

I really didn't realize that production versions were not ported.  But now I know.  :)

Their new player is problematic! It likes to stick, even with a high-end system!

I don't even have the Core 2 Duo E4500 nor the Asus P5QL Pro motherboard anymore, because it's wimpy for current standards, L.O.L.

My main rig is a socket 1366 monster with an Asus P6T Deluxe, a Core i7 "Bloomfield" Extreme 965 and 6 GB of triple channel DDR3 SDRAM.

The video card is a GeForce GTX 960...

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

On 8/4/2018 at 2:36 AM, ivanbuto said:

I have run into a problem with Google Maps using the latest build of New Moon 27.9. on my Windows XP SP3 machine.

The map can be seen at first, but then, as more data is loaded, the map starts to flicker and only a black screen remains.

With the latest version of New Moon 27.9.1a1 (20180818), Google Maps now work for me.

Edited by ivanbuto

Jody Thornton said:

Has anyone figured out the YouTube glitch, where the circling arrow spins, until you press pause. Then when you press play - it works!

I have a note somewhere that the "click-to-play" setting has to do with it....

ivanbuto said:

With the latest version of New Moon 27.9.1a1 (20180818), Google Maps now work for me.

ARGHH... wish I could say the same for my other browsers and sites, which get a hickup at https so easily and then rien ne va plus without a browser restart. In most cases it only affects images, if those are from another domain (like amazon or map tiles at m.osmtools.de). Even this forum here, just 1 interruption at an already loading page, intentionally or not, breaks the whole domain instantly. I do think (hope) it's at least partly settings related too, just which.
Had done some more research recently and meant to post about, but didn't get around to. Result was, specifically for google maps there are quite some search hits that it can be fixed by deleting google cookies from a special domain of theirs, but helped only 'most' people not all.
That's definitely different from my own probs, have no google cookies or G-maps anyway. But probably there can be several reasons.

Now wonder if another sort of interruption could possibly have to do with such a header response: "strict-transport-security max-age=0" which I got at a broken site? Although I don't think my old browser versions have any clue yet what hsts is, and some future prefs that I've included manually, just in case, are all set to allow as much as possible for everything 'strict' And my UA is ancient too.
Actually the httpfox-addon on retrozilla reports this on broken m.osmtools.de-maps, after just a few seconds of zooming+moving:
NS_IMAGELIB_ERROR_FAILURE and NS_ERROR_NET_RESET (for tiles from openstreetmap.org) Edited by siria

17 hours ago, Jody Thornton said:

Has anyone figured out the YouTube glitch, where the circling arrow spins, until you press pause.  Then when you press play - it works!

Using NM28XP -- Okay, try this:
For (Browser Address URL) "about:config"

Type (Top Search Box) "media." -- (Note 'period' on the end)

It should list this 'setting' at top:
"media.autoplay.enabled"

So, set this (above) to "true" for 'autoplay' immediate startup.
I had it set to "false" because I like it that way.
I suspect that I changed it to that (false) without recalling it.
Anyway, the 'toggle' aspect of this setting works with YOUTUBE here.
I assume that it impacts (Adobe) FLASH media (and others) too.

I should have thought to find and check this setting sooner.

Edited by TechnoRelic

Hi guys,

Is it possible already to make work the plugin VideoDownloadHelper? If not yet,, what alternatives are there which work fine

with New Moon?  I tried Complete YouTube Saver, but it doesn´t work either on many videos/sites.

Thanks.

On 8/11/2018 at 2:00 PM, DontJoinTheMilitary said:

There's still an issue in Basilisk with distorted audio in Twitter videos.

And the issue is now present in New Moon as well (it wasn't present back when were using the LAV codecs for playing media in New Moon but it is now).
The issue is present on three completely different computers of mine so it's not simply an isolated computer problem.
This isn't a complaint or a request for help (I don't even use Twitter). I'm just reporting a bug.
Here's a video in which the audio is distorted:  https://twitter.com/josefkenny/status/974587426676117505

OS: Windows XP Pro SP3 (actual installs, not VM installs)

I can confirm this... For me, it works OK with New Moon 27.9.1, but not version 28.

1 hour ago, Jody Thornton said:

I was using the Qdownloader site.  It seems to work most of the time, without a plugin.

:)

OK, thanks, but it´d be nice if some plugin could work with our browser.

@ivanbuto twitter.com/josefkenny/status - I have all the electronic fantasy videos on this site. New Mon 28 (it sounded good)

@Jody Thornton QDownloader.net prima sort OK New Moon 28

Edited by kitaro1

@Jody Thornton<--

Use (NM28XP Browser Address) "about:config"
Search = "animation"

Find (5th one down) this setting:
image.animation_mode ; once

User Set it to "once" value.
That will cause ANI-GIFs to play ONE time, and NOT repeat.
Good for NOT CRASH on HTML page with multi ANI-GIFs present.

http://www.xtreme-lab.net/7gif/en/index.html
7GIF file viewer ; DOWNLOAD (Save) the ANI-GIF and view with 7GIF
Sometimes you are NOT able to see (catch) the ANI-GIF when it 'ONCE' plays.
So, 7GIF does solve that problem, IF you want to see the ANI-GIF (over and over).

Edited by TechnoRelic