My Browser Builds (Part 1)

5 hours ago, roytam1 said:

So they deleted code path for pre-Vista. I just restored them and it works now.
updated binary in:

Roytam, I am a newcomer here, and not too familiar with how your files are organized. I checked the gpc 'files1.rt' directory but could only find the RestoreXP Diff file. I don't have the ability to compile the source. Is there a win32 binary for the restored basilisk available yet? 

Thanks for all you are doing.

4 hours ago, trevmar said:

Roytam, I am a newcomer here, and not too familiar with how your files are organized. I checked the gpc 'files1.rt' directory but could only find the RestoreXP Diff file. I don't have the ability to compile the source. Is there a win32 binary for the restored basilisk available yet? 

Thanks for all you are doing.

just redownload the win32 binary

28 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

That works for me! Three files changed; XUL.DLL, MOZGLUE.DLL and BASILISK.EXE. I put them into the current directory and everything seems to be working just fine! Will report back once I have exercised it more.

Thanks again :)

On 11/11/2017 at 5:22 AM, roytam1 said:

Greetings All!

Just registered to say thanks and greatly appreciated for everyone's work with pale/newmoon and now basilisk for xp32/64.

On xp64 sp2 get an error on opening the 64bit version of basilisk attached below 

Ok I read on more and fixed it by installing vc2015 and vc2017 runtimes i saw were missing in 64bit versions on my test system! (Looking in add/remove shows only the 2017 version there now, so I assume it replaces vc2015?)

The 32 bit opened and ran without issue but havent tested further yet other than setting some prefs and installing noscript and umatrix on both 32&64 bits.

It will coexist with palemoon, etc if installed as by default it creates a profile folder in Basilisk in Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Moonchild Productions

I use it as just an extracted folder and start it using a shortcut with the handy -no-remote -profile .\profilename switch roytam1 posted a while back.

Does using it like that make it truly portable or is there some cleanup that the portable launcher program does in addition, so it wont leave traces behind on any host machine?

Using like that have had the 27.7.0a2 in both 32&64bit and Feodor2's 27.6.0 and 27.5.1 in both 32&64bit all open concurrently and seemingly independently! :) That's 6 extracted folders each with its own profile and shortcut, but It does get confusing looking at the processes list though!

basilisk-55.0.0a1.win64-git-20171111 xp64 error.jpg

14 minutes ago, msfnbrowzer said:

Greetings All!

Just registered to say thanks and greatly appreciated for everyone's work with pale/newmoon and now basilisk for xp32/64.

On xp64 sp2 get an error on opening the 64bit version of basilisk attached below 

Ok I read on more and fixed it by installing vc2015 and vc2017 runtimes i saw were missing in 64bit versions on my test system! (Looking in add/remove shows only the 2017 version there now, so I assume it replaces vc2015?)

The 32 bit opened and ran without issue but havent tested further yet other than setting some prefs and installing noscript and umatrix on both 32&64 bits.

It will coexist with palemoon, etc if installed as by default it creates a profile folder in Basilisk in Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Moonchild Productions

I use it as just an extracted folder and start it using a shortcut with the handy -no-remote -profile .\profilename switch roytam1 posted a while back.

Does using it like that make it truly portable or is there some cleanup that the portable launcher program does in addition, so it wont leave traces behind on any host machine?

Using like that have had the 27.7.0a2 in both 32&64bit and Feodor2's 27.6.0 and 27.5.1 in both 32&64bit all open concurrently and seemingly independently! :) That's 6 extracted folders each with its own profile and shortcut, but It does get confusing looking at the processes list though!

basilisk-55.0.0a1.win64-git-20171111 xp64 error.jpg

Try redownloading archive, I think I had it fixed.
I think I forgot to put ucrtbase.dll into win64 archive before. :P

Edited by roytam1

Is there a way to take your binaries and integrate it into the portable structure Palemoon uses?  I would prefer using this as a portable app for now if possible.

Thank you very much for making this and keeping us users who must use older versions of Windows for various reasons going. 

10 minutes ago, leland said:

Is there a way to take your binaries and integrate it into the portable structure Palemoon uses?  I would prefer using this as a portable app for now if possible.

Thank you very much for making this and keeping us users who must use older versions of Windows for various reasons going. 

I haven't use their portable app launcher, but I think you can just replace everything in bin folder with my binary and it will work.

4 hours ago, Destro said:

How do I install moebius-ffvpx-h264-aac-hevc-mp3-addition in basilisk.  BTW basilisk crash on me a lot.

no need to download(it is integrated into binary) unless you want to recompile basilisk.

On 11/13/2017 at 3:01 PM, roytam1 said:

Roytam1, I have been running the Nov 13th Basilisk Nightly extensively on WinXP x86 SP3. Has been in constant use and I have not seen any problems, except the typical firefox tendency to gradually use more memory as the hours go by. It has been my primary browser for several days. Incredible! Thanks for all you have done for this community :) b

3 minutes ago, Dibya said:

@roytam1 hi can you share your basilik patches?

I am using the version roytam1 posted (above) a few days ago, http://o.rthost.cf/gpc/files1.rt/basilisk-55.0.0a1.win32-git-20171111-5201659a8-xpmod.7z

Three of the files in it were updated on 13th to fix a bug with file selection. Everything I needed to install was in that archive. There is a diff of source patches there as well, I think

1 hour ago, trevmar said:

I am using the version roytam1 posted (above) a few days ago, http://o.rthost.cf/gpc/files1.rt/basilisk-55.0.0a1.win32-git-20171111-5201659a8-xpmod.7z

Three of the files in it were updated on 13th to fix a bug with file selection. Everything I needed to install was in that archive. There is a diff of source patches there as well, I think

I am trying to get diff of src patches.