Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

roytam1

My build of New Moon (temp. name) a.k.a. Pale Moon for XP

On 1/26/2019 at 7:31 PM, Mathwiz said:

I'll have to try the WE version of uBO on Basilisk 55 just to see what happens.

Darn: WebRTC option still greyed out on uBO 1.18.2 on Basilisk 55. Apparently, enabling that option requires a FF version > 53, which makes it a no-go for XP.

I'm switching to the legacy version of uBO in Basilisk 55 too....

Edited by Mathwiz
  • Like 1

I don't have XP 64, so i tested on windows 7. as roytam1 said, please use compat mode in about:config. I personally needed to enable all 3 (webgl, gecko and firefox compats).

PS never expected to stumble upon geoportal on this site...

Edited by Mcinwwl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mcinwwl said:

webgl

How do you enable WebGL compatibility? I only see gecko & firefox

52 minutes ago, Mathwiz said:

How do you enable WebGL compatibility? I only see gecko & firefox

webgl.webgl2-compat-mode=true

Hi guys,

Does Google Maps work fine for you? For me it opens fine but after a second or two, the map´s screen goes black and

can´t show any part of the map. The zoom tool is there though. What´s wrong? How can I fix this?

Thanks.

Cheers.

Don't know why they don't work for you, but I can confirm they work fine on my end.

Edited by Tamris
  • Like 1

Well, I just tried the 3 mods available of the latest version of the browser, 27.9, and the problem is there on 3 mods.

Tested with clean installs, no old settings.

This problem doesn´t occur with Google Chrome, with the old latest working version on XP.

So, what could be the problem? Here I attach a screenshot so you can see.

Google Maps Black Screen.jpg

12 minutes ago, curiosil said:

Well, I just tried the 3 mods available of the latest version of the browser, 27.9, and the problem is there on 3 mods.

Tested with clean installs, no old settings.

This problem doesn´t occur with Google Chrome, with the old latest working version on XP.

So, what could be the problem? Here I attach a screenshot so you can see.

Google Maps Black Screen.jpg

your webgl seems to be broken

• Like 1

can also confirm that google maps works fine for me on all 3 browsers.

maybe try make sure hardware acceleration is enable.  And update your gfx card drivers if that doesn't work.  Check this page idk if it is relevant or not.

https://www.sitepoint.com/firefox-enable-webgl-blacklisted-graphics-card/

Try updating your video drivers 1st. if that doesn't work check try these.

To enable WebGL, set webgl.force-enabled to true.

To enable Layers Acceleration, set layers.acceleration.force-enabled to true

To enable Direct2D in Windows Vista/7, set gfx.direct2d.force-enabled to true

Edited by Destro
  • Like 1

curiosil said:

Does Google Maps work fine for you? For me it opens fine but after a second or two, the map´s screen goes black and can´t show any part of the map. The zoom tool is there though.

Just a side note, in my old browser and on OSM that happens when the scripts switch to a higher encryption, which it can't support yet. First looks fine, then BANG - server kills the tiles. Maybe check current TLS1.2 settings? "security" prefs in aboutconfig. Hm, and remember some pref about security hardening...
Another thought: Fake the useragent. Some major sites today just kick out XP-users (if UA contains "Windows NT5.x")
Or perhaps the browser already has a hardcoded fake UA for the tile server...
  • Like 1

Thanks for your replies, but the solutions given could still be viable knowing that, as I said, this problem doesn´t occur with Chrome?

If the problem were hardware acceleration or the graphics card drivers, it should happen also with Chrome, right?

I don´t know about WebGL, but will try the modifications mentioned for about:config.

Edited by curiosil
Update

But, if this WebGL is broken, where is it broken? If clean installations of new browsers have the same problem, the problem

doesn´t seem to be within the 'about:config' configuration of the browser, does it?