My Browser Builds (Part 1)

New build of basilisk/UXP for XP!

Test binary:
Win32 https://o.rths.cf/basilisk/basilisk52-g4.1.win32-git-20181229-83cd9661c-xpmod.7z
Win64 https://o.rths.cf/basilisk/basilisk52-g4.1.win64-git-20181229-83cd9661c-xpmod.7z

diff: https://o.rths.cf/basilisk/UXP-xp-gitdiff-20181110.7z

PM28XP build:
Win32 https://o.rths.cf/palemoon/palemoon-28.3.0a1.win32-git-20181229-83cd9661c-xpmod.7z
Win64 https://o.rths.cf/palemoon/palemoon-28.3.0a1.win64-git-20181229-83cd9661c-xpmod.7z

Official repo changes since my last build:
- Revise lifetime management of IntersectionObservers. (c9d920e9c)
- Intersection ratio should be 1.0 for zero-area intersections. (107a68cb1)
- Use targetFrame->GetRectRelativeToSelf() as the initial intersection rect. (0626e1cef)
- Map intersectionRect to the coordinate space of the target document. (6cfd7509c)
- Use content area as the intersection rectangle ... (fa97cddb3)
- Fix singed/unsigned type confusion for intersection threshold. (85d43d68b)
- [intersection-observer] Calculate areas using int64_t. (7771a8716)
- Re-enable intersection observers with WD spec patches. (4319edc1a)
- [PALEMOON] Initialize the search service asynchronously from 'about:home' and 'about:newtab' (cb2f0f614)
- Merge pull request #919 from JustOff/nsIBrowserSearchService_async_init (bfedd7d40)
- Fix crashiness of IntersectionObservers. (3cf7e874f)
- Add performance warnings to Deprecated module. (202e78b73)
- Add UXP Coding Style guideline document (WIP) (83cd9661c)

My changes since my last build:
- update libaom to git rev 9b1252eab0616d2c1f6d7990c6256441c0b6483f

New build of BOC/UXP for XP!

Test binary:
MailNews Win32 https://o.rths.cf/boc-uxp/mailnews.win32-20181229-b1a7d10-uxp-83cd9661c-xpmod.7z
Browser-only Suite Win32 (removed due to request)

source patch (excluding UXP): (removed due to request)

No official repo changes since my last build.

For UXP changes please see above.

Edited by roytam1

10 hours ago, roytam1 said:

New build of BOC/UXP for XP! 

What exactly is BOC/UXP for XP ??? .... should I also be downloading it to use on my XP setup. I do download 'basilisk/UXP for XP' and also PM (NM) 27 and 28. I don't know what 'BOC' stands for.

Basilisk/UXP for XP 52 and 55 multiprocess mode - browser.tabs.remote.force-enable true.

Compositing Direct3D9 - PM27 layers.prefer-d3d9 true , PM28 - auto, Basilisk 52 - auto, Basilisk 55 layers.prefer-d3d9 true

Latest version of Firefox 54 in which Compositing Direct3D9 works.

Edited by grey_rat

@Monroe It stands for Binary OutCast Navigator (browser itself is the Navigator though, as pointed out by roy in the next post, not sure what MailNews exactly is, and Binary Outcast is its creator), it's basically a SeaMonkey fork (made by Matt Tobin as far as I know though I might be wrong), so no, if you're already using Basilisk, then there's really no point in using BOC as well.

Edited by Tamris
corrected BOC meaning

On 12/29/2018 at 11:08 PM, Tamris said:

It stands for Binary Outcast Navigator

it consists "MailNews" and "Borealis" (a browser-only Seamonkey application forked by (removed due to request))

Edited by roytam1

14 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

It stands for Binary OutCast,

Yes you're obviously right, saw what I wrote earlier on Github and copied it without thinking for a second that Navigator doesn't start with a C...

Edited by Tamris

OK ... thanks roytam1 / Tamris for the reply. I will continue using 'basilisk52 for XP' and also PM (NM) 27 and 28 ... I also use the K-Meleon update from roytam1.

Tamris posted - "if you're already using Basilisk, then there's really no point in using BOC as well.

I guess I'm 'good to go' ... thanks again.

Monroe

Here, on my very old WinXP Laptop, I have had BETTER luck with using RT BorealisXP Browser. But I have also had a usable positive result with the RT NM28XP Browser too. And also with the Basilisk55 (not 52) Browser. The additional comment that I would make about the RT BorXP Browser, is that I am not clear on a source for EXTENSIONS for it. However, with RT BorXP Browser, I was able (see earlier messages here, this thread, from me, thanks to 'VistaLover' user help) to get ENTENSIONS for uBLOCK and uMATRIX installed and working (GORHILL = Author, from his GITHUB site, slightly edited for install) with RT BorXP Browser. So, that seems to give me a decent level of browsing protection (via uMATRIX) overall. So, I do APPRECIATE that RT has decided to have this BorXP Browser available as RT is doing it.

@Sampei.Nihira <-- Saw your message below mine. Again, NO IDEA here on a website that has EXTENSIONS that would install into the RT BorXP Browser. Again, I did get, via slight customizing, the (GORHILL from his GITHUB site), uBLOCK Origin and uMATRIX (both Extensions) to install into RT BorXP Browser. The other aspect of BOREALIS Browser, is that it is that TOBIN person's coding (he authored it). And since some (many?) do not like TOBIN, because of certain actions that he did it to make his coding NOT work well under WinXP, I am not sure that you would see much support in terms of solving any problems related to EXTENSIONS for RT BorXP Browser. And, I respect that some users would feel negatively about TOBIN. I have been using the RT BorXP Browser because my particular old laptop hardware and software seems to 'like it' (the TOBIN coding) pretty well overall.

'Sampei.Nihira' <-- RT (himself) did REPLY to you (message below), so THAT would be GOOD advise!

Edited by TechnoRelic

Hi,

with NM28 I can also install the Seamonkey themes.

With Borealis they do not install.

Even the Pale Moon and Firefox themes do not install.

So which themes can I install?

TH.

@TechnoRelic  TH.:rolleyes:

Basilisk in my PC is slow, and I would be curious to try Borealis but with a minimum of customization.

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

14 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

Hi,

with NM28 I can also install the Seamonkey themes.

With Borealis they do not install.

Even the Pale Moon and Firefox themes do not install.

So which themes can I install?

TH.

please check this out: