My Browser Builds (Part 1)

18 hours ago, Tamris said:

There are different kinds of captcha? I meant the cancerous Google one, which always takes me at least 3 attempts to solve, even if I'm 100% sure I've picked all pics they want me to pick:

I don't know what is the google's algorithm, sometimes with 1 attempt it's done sometimes it needs 5 or 6 depending on the website.

I usually click upon 3 pictures, sometimes with 2 is enough and sometimes there is nothing related to the description.

with Palemoon it's pretty much comfortable to solve captchas but with Firefox it's very stressing because of the browser slowness

On 12/8/2018 at 3:57 PM, TechnoRelic said:

https://msfn.org/board/topic/177125-my-build-of-new-moon-temp-name-aka-pale-moon-for-xp/?do=findComment&comment=1157472

I noticed from your BROWSERS List, that you use BOREALIS Browser.
ROYTAM is now updating a BorealisXP Browser, located here -->

https://o.rths.cf/boc-uxp/

So, my question is, are there EXTENSIONS that install into the (RT) BorealisXP ??? And if so, what URL might they be located ??? Or maybe there is some 'modification' of EXTENSIONS that works ???

I have been successful to get *both* the uBLOCK ORIGIN and uMATRIX Extensions to install. By downloading and modifying the INSTALL.RDF file for them as needed. But I know of no other EXTENSIONS that will install for (RT) BorXP Browser. Any help from you would be appreciated. Trying to somewhat keep this out of the main 'RT' Thread, as it seems a bit 'off topic' somehow.

I don't use Borealis at all. it's there just in case I need it for testing

it must be a nightmare for @roytam1 of having to update multiple browsers at a time

I think he should focus on Palemoon and Basilisk only and make them as reliable and fast as possible

6 minutes ago, caliber said:

it must be a nightmare for @roytam1 of having to update multiple browsers at a time

not really, I just typed the commands to let it build sequentially and start watching anime.

8 minutes ago, caliber said:

make them as reliable and fast as possible

it is already fast and reliable enough for me.

a cross-post from KM forum:

While I'm still busy with my $dayjob, wicknix at palemoon forum contacted me:

Sent: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:16 pm
Recipient: roytam1 

Hi.

Been following your win32 builds. Love them on my XP machine. Anyway, me and a guy from tenfourfox have been working on a fork of pm27 for a few months now. I'd love if you could fork it and add your win32 patches and build us a winxp version. Heck toss it up for download with your other forks. I'd say merge the win32 patches, but i can't get your win32 patched pm27 or ff45 to build on macosx. Something breaks somewhere with those patches on mac. So keeping your own separate tree would be best, then you could just pull in our changes down the road if you wanted to. If you are too busy with your other projects i understand. Just figured i'd ask. Can't hurt right?
https://github.com/wicknix/Arctic-Fox
Also we have no branding restrictions, so by all means use our branding in the build. --with-branding=browser/branding/arcticfox

Cheers

so for the time being while I still don't have enough time on hacking my 45esr+tff or pm28 to be KM-compatible, there is one more source for me to update my pm27 tree.

@caliber <-- Did quote me accurately, so I am pleased on that. BUT, it was from a PRIVATE Message on here. There are those who do not like much the original programmer (MATT something or other?) of the Borealis Browser. So, I was just hoping to find a URL reference to EXTENSIONS that might work with the (RT) BorXP Browser. Hope that this situation does not create any problems. Was NOT looking to have that happen.

I was able to create a FireFox Browser BOOKMARK that does send "about:memory" to the URL Address input line of the Browser. You would want to open a NEW TAB (Browser) for it.

Here, the (BK55) Basilisk55 (NOT BK52) and (RT) BorealisXP Browsers seem to work best on my OLD LAPTOP hardware and software situation. In particular just now, the BorXP is making me pleased here. The NM28XP Browser does also work fairly well here.

Edited by TechnoRelic

7 hours ago, roytam1 said:

there is one more source for me to update my pm27 tree.

... With GitHub now fully functionable in New Moon 27, the only deal-breaker for me currently is Tycho's inability to load userstyles.org , hence I am unable to install user styles from there with Stylem 2.2.4; if that were to be remedied ;), it would be a tremendous enhancement! :wub:

FWIW, the workaround I have to currently apply is 1) first install the user style in one of the UXP browsers (or FxESR 52.9.0/Serpent 55.0.0), 2) copy its full CSS code and 3) manually install it [via "Write new style"] in NM27; some of these "locally"  installed styles don't receive future updates :( (so the process above has to be repeated :o when an updated style has been released) ...

On 12/13/2018 at 11:39 PM, VistaLover said:

... With GitHub now fully functionable in New Moon 27, the only deal-breaker for me currently is Tycho's inability to load userstyles.org , hence I am unable to install user styles from there with Stylem 2.2.4; if that were to be remedied ;), it would be a tremendous enhancement! :wub:

FWIW, the workaround I have to currently apply is 1) first install the user style in one of the UXP browsers (or FxESR 52.9.0/Serpent 55.0.0), 2) copy its full CSS code and 3) manually install it [via "Write new style"] in NM27; some of these "locally"  installed styles don't receive future updates :( (so the process above has to be repeated :o when an updated style has been released) ...

because of broken javascript (in pm27's view):

23:49:37.582 SyntaxError: invalid for/in left-hand side 1 app.js:1:234335

and that `for` block looks like this:

for(const i of e.split("&")){let[e,a]=i.replace(/\+/g," ").split("=");a=void 0===a?null:o(a,t),n(o(e,t),a,r)}

in MDN, it stated that fx < 51 using `for...of` with `const` keyword will cause syntax error.

if you have link to userstyles.org, let it load and view source. find "stylish-code" line, click on the css link, copy all and then paste it on new style.

Edited by roytam1

@VistaLover
If you have the direct link to a style description, try this: just add ".css" in the urlbar and load

The source-code has a whole bunch of metatags, all starting with
<link rel="stylish...
for different browsers.

But be cautious with the website itself, IIRC stylish-addon and userstyles.org was bought by a datacollector-company for lots of money awhile ago.

On 12/13/2018 at 5:53 PM, roytam1 said:

because of broken javascript (in pm27's view)

... Yes, I know ;)  This issue was first reported last July in the official PM forum; according to Moonchild himself:

The page has 0 html content, and has a 2.8 MB blurb of JS that's loaded that is supposed to render the content.
Once rendered, it's a 168KB mess of generated HTML that is all in one line
, for a page that would ultimately only need maybe 20KB if designed statically.

Broken userstyles.org on Tycho was another reason that expedited the release of (stable) PM28 on the UXP platform...

let it load and view source. find "stylish-code" line, click on the css link, copy all and then paste it on new style. 

On 12/13/2018 at 8:48 PM, siria said:

If you have the direct link to a style description, try this: just add ".css" in the urlbar and load

Thank you both for your suggestions :thumbup; this improves considerably over what I have been doing thus far and may possibly also cure the userstyles' (auto-)updating issue...

E.g. for https://userstyles.org/styles/31267/global-dark-style-changes-everything-to-dark

the direct URI to the userstyle (via either suggestion) is found to be :

https://userstyles.org/styles/31267/global-dark-style-changes-everything-to-dark.css

Then I can install it in Stylem 2.2.4 via the "Install from URLs..." feature :yes: (so no need to copy the entire CSS code and "Write New Style" :)).

However, the main flaw of this procedure, as already pointed out by the both of you, is:

if you have link to userstyles.org

If you have the direct link to a style description

meaning the need for a (second) browser, able to render correctly the site (which could then be browsed/searched normally for userstyles) isn't alleviated... :no: I'm still hopeful that this specific PM27 bug will be properly addressed in due course...

But be cautious with the website itself, IIRC stylish-addon and userstyles.org was bought by a datacollector-company for lots of money awhile ago.

Thanks, I am well aware; site always visited with uB0 ON, some personal "cosmetic" filters also added (to negate their endless plug for the android version of their adware/spyware version of WE Stylish):

! https://userstyles.org/
userstyles.org##.overlay_background
userstyles.org##.android_button_banner
userstyles.org###top_android_button
userstyles.org##.android_button_button
userstyles.org##.head
userstyles.org##.body
userstyles.org##.footsteps
userstyles.org##.shadow
userstyles.org##.x_button
||userstyles.org/ui/images/icons/close-icon.svg$image
||userstyles.org/ui/images/280x294.png$image
userstyles.org##div.us-stylecard--short:nth-of-type(3)
userstyles.org##div.us-stylecard--short:nth-of-type(5)
userstyles.org##div.us-stylecard--short:nth-of-type(12)
userstyles.org##.navigation

The thing is, Stylem (a fork of [XUL] Stylish 2.0.7 made by a member of the official PM community) hasn't been updated in a while and has little support for userstyle "portals" other than the original one (userstyles.org, supported in Stylish); even that support is currently lagging, as Stylem can't install correctly configurable styles (e.g. YouTube DeepDark Classic , with the "Customize Settings" button); that issue has been properly reported here, but the developer hasn't yet acknowledged it or come up with a fix :thumbdown

Also, due to the shady practices of SimilarWeb, current owners of userstyles.org, many style authors are switching over to other infrastructures, e.g. OpenUser.CSS (loads fine in NM27, BTW), and a new "format" of userstyle called usercss (which is configurable post-install); Stylem has 0 support for these :realmad:; this new "usercss" type of userstyle and the new "OUCSS" repo are fully supported in the userstyle manager called Stylus , but this is a WebExtension, not installable in New Moon 27/28 (and only certain versions of it can be installed - with some manifest.json modifications - in Basilisk52/UXP). 

OT: Yes I know, another long-winded post I am afraid, but hopefully with info useful to the MSFN community :whistle:

Edited by VistaLover

11 hours ago, caliber said:

fast enough compared to FF52 of course. is there a way to clean web cache with a single click ?

I use https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/empty-cache-button/; however you will need a legacy version. Not sure where to find that now that Mozilla disappeared all legacy FF add-ons.

The linked version may work with Basilisk 55, which AIUI was forked from a pre-release version of FF 53; I haven't tried that though.

@VistaLover
Kind and helpful people like you make this forum warmer and inviting to visit more frequently. Nasty egoboosters having fun trampling over innocent others make forums icy and hostile. Keep your 'longwinded' postings coming please. Always very valuable and interesting! Although I usually don't react, but appreciate them, very much :)

New build of basilisk/UXP for XP!

Test binary:
Win32 https://o.rths.cf/basilisk/basilisk52-g4.1.win32-git-20181215-023af95ab-xpmod.7z
Win64 https://o.rths.cf/basilisk/basilisk52-g4.1.win64-git-20181215-023af95ab-xpmod.7z

diff: https://o.rths.cf/basilisk/UXP-xp-gitdiff-20181110.7z

PM28XP build:
Win32 https://o.rths.cf/palemoon/palemoon-28.3.0a1.win32-git-20181215-023af95ab-xpmod.7z
Win64 https://o.rths.cf/palemoon/palemoon-28.3.0a1.win64-git-20181215-023af95ab-xpmod.7z

Official repo changes since my last build:
- Import Tycho weave client (0c47c83e1)
- Update sync client for JS changes. (18473f184)
- Update constants.js for array assignment. (04ebf989f)
- Make Everything Work™ (eae3be4cf)
- Fix error in locallyModified. (83e8906aa)
- Teach Sync history engine about TRANSITION_RELOAD visit type. (a02c44648)
- Merge branch 'master' into Sync-weave (579881ffb)
- Merge branch 'master' into Sync-weave (26412bcab)
- Pass exceptions directly to logger. (768a1b945)
- Update constants. (bfc390405)
- Prevent form sync error when there's nothing to sync. (ec3829bf7)
- Merge branch 'master' into Sync-weave (088c3cf89)
- Merge branch 'master' into Sync-weave (9a673b996)
- Bump Weave client version (f85205515)
- Remove FxaMigrator module (e156a64a5)
- Remove healthreport telemetry module from Sync + tests (3d2dbf279)
- Remove telemetry calls from sync (b3586bb4b)
- Remove get/setFxAMigrationSentinel (c11450651)
- Remove fxAccountsEnabled() (9c966a087)
- TPS logging: use app name (07f9cb868)
- Remove FxA BrowserIDManager auth (5ec8aef6c)
- Fix status.js (1bfe172f7)
- [BASILISK] Enable the "legacy" panels for the sync preferences. (c09487c09)
- Restore missing broadcaster strings (11d1af7af)
- [BASILISK] Make Basilisk front-end use Weave (caba7e406)
- [BASILISK] Make CUI's PanelUI work with Weave. (aaaa4564b)
- Revert "Restore missing broadcaster strings" (b4cc0a062)
- Juggle some strings. (dd13d3ac4)
- Remove Rust files from media gtests (d6867e583)
- Remove files and comments related to MP4Reader (9ba2b33da)
- Remove the old MP3FrameParser (eb6fdca18)
- Remove separate MP3 name space (6b6a28ddb)
- Move the MP3 code to it's own directory (8a9362ff0)
- Add missing #include (45f442a2a)
- Only disallow lazy frame construction for direct children of display: contents elements (96258a022)
- Merge pull request #903 from trav90/issue900 (1fd53c96e)
- Merge pull request #901 from trav90/code-cleanup (d01a5b10f)
- Merge pull request #902 from trav90/media-work (fbbda481d)
- Restore quota view/warnings to Basilisk. (5df97df2f)
- Remove non-functional removal summary from quota dialog. (7d398710b)
- Merge branch 'master' into Sync-weave (9697bfa68)
- Update Dropbox UAO (5639e1ddd)
- Clear weak pointers in VTT shutdown observers. (4f7e43113)
- Clear weak pointers in FT2 font list shutdown observers. (67d5558f1)
- Fix mistakingly flagged instructions. (f2d4bd1e3)
- Merge pull request #898 from MoonchildProductions/Sync-weave (bc8a25f5e)
- Use canonical function in TypeNewScript::rollbackPartiallyInitializedObjects. (42766ad06)
- Root parameter dictionaries in AesTask::Init(). (195b9d878)
- Restrict ExtractLinearSum to find non-wrapping results. (99b534f23)
- Avoid useless FrameNeedsReflow call. (d2d004442)
- Clear CanvasShutdownObserver::mCanvas when the canvas goes away. (a2638c7b2)
- Bump Goanna version for layout code changes. (b62191e06)
- Avoid overflow in nsPNGEncoder::WriteCallback. (e80c73602)
- Prevent double free in mar_sign.c (2e69b03dd)
- Do not report resource-timing subdocument loads triggered by that subdocument. (fea96b452)
- Make HTMLOptionsCollection::mSelect into a strong reference. (023af95ab)

New build of BOC/UXP for XP!

Test binary:
MailNews Win32 https://o.rths.cf/boc-uxp/mailnews.win32-20181215-659730c-uxp-023af95ab-xpmod.7z
Browser-only Suite Win32 (removed due to request)

source patch (excluding UXP): (removed due to request)

Official repo changes since my last build:
- [MAIL] Set the compatible by default preference to 1.0 (9cd86cd)
- [PLATFORM] Update commit pointer (bf281e3)
- Commit basis for extrunner (4b38c79)
- [PLATFORM] Update commit pointer (1c4c5f4)
- [MAIL] Make the blocklist marginally easier to deal with (c6ecf6e)
- [MAIL] Not our job to be a CA (c21540f)
- Issue #55 - Reset the UI Language and Disable all langpacks via UI Version (4eea320)
- [MAIL] Update Blocklist regex for langpacks (99bf1da)
- [MAIL] Add blocklist URL (659730c)

For UXP changes please see above.

Edited by roytam1