My Browser Builds (Part 1)

1 hour ago, sal here said:

YAY!! Been dying for an update for 55, I'm still using the last one from last August. Error 404 - I'm sure just a glitch until roytam1 fixes it :)

EDIT: Now I'm getting Error 522

For error 522, it is because upstream ISP having an emergency maintenance which make my server disconnected from internet. If everything goes well, connection will be restored in evening localtime.

24 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

For error 522, it is because upstream ISP having an emergency maintenance which make my server disconnected from internet. If everything goes well, connection will be restored in evening localtime.

Man believe me.  For god's sake your Basilisk 55 is better than UXP 52

Edited by Dibya

3 hours ago, roytam1 said:

for XP-wise, it's not since primetime support is missing.

But I gives me better browsing performance.

It has better memory management (if I minimize it doesn't eat up everything)

8 hours ago, Dibya said:

Basilisk 55 is better than UXP 52

In your opinion. Maybe on your system, for some reason, involving other software. I do browse for many days without ever closing or minimizing UXP 52 and it has very little effect on my system's total memory usage. Now, if one keeps some pages that insist on updating continuously even when open in tabs on the background (typically newspapers in my case), then one may get in trouble... but that's bad page programming, not any browser's but IMO.

41 minutes ago, dencorso said:

In your opinion. Maybe on your system, for some reason, involving other software. I do browse for many days without ever closing or minimizing UXP 52 and it has very little effect on my system's total memory usage. Now, if one keeps some pages that insist on updating continuously even when open in tabs on the background (typically newspapers in my case), then one may get in trouble... but that's bad page programming, not any browser's but IMO.

It may be some plugins?

29 minutes ago, Dibya said:

It may be some plugins?

Sure. The ones I use are depicted below.

Clipboard01.png

Clipboard02.png

I also have the Java Next Generation Plug-In but it's on "Ask to Activate" mode. The ones shown above are in "Always Activate" mode.

Both Primetime and Shockwave work perfectly with UXP 52. Adobe Primetime requires manual installation and media.ffvpx.enabled = false. I posted about that on the Adobe Primetime pinned thread, some time ago. As for Adobe Shockwave, it just works. Same applies to Silverlight.

28 minutes ago, dencorso said:

Both Primetime and Shockwave work perfectly with UXP 52. Adobe Primetime requires manual installation and media.ffvpx.enabled = false. I posted about that on the Adobe Primetime pinned thread, some time ago. As for Adobe Shockwave, it just works. Same applies to Silverlight.

So much I know. I added primetime to Firefox. But Basilisk has built everything. I play everything on the video pages. Redundant shockwave only duplicates Flash Player, this installs the SWMSM spy developer. Nothing depends on him.

9 minutes ago, kitaro1 said:

Redundant shockwave only duplicates Flash Player, this installs the SWMSM spy developer. Nothing depends on him.

Can you elaborate? I don't seem to have SWMSM installed in the system. What filename does it hide under?

Firefox used to have good hardware acceleration in XP...  A year or two after it was introduced in version 28 or so, they disabled it.  Chrome did the same thing, but there are hacks to re-enable it on later versions.

It has to do with some of the DLLs removing support for DirectX9.

I believe this hack can be ported to Firefox, though I asked the author about it it (svyatpro) and he was only successful with Chrome.

A good proof of concept is the HWACCEL test: HWACCEL.zip (maybe someone can upload it to the forum for posterity, it's over 2MB).

The reason I bring this up is because of the planned obsolescence talk, with developers intentionally removing support for older operating systems...  Firefox did this too back in the day.  Soon these developers will force people to use Windows 8.1 or Windows 10...  ***shudder***

Edited by mockingbird

I have had an issue on another forum when trying to get registered because the captcha was not visible to me.

I have tested different web browsers under XP and no one was able to see the captcha,  with W7 I had no problem though.

today I got a similar issue when trying to leave a comment on another site, the captcha was invisble even though ublock was disabled.

has anyone suffered from anything similar ?

23 minutes ago, caliber said:

I have had an issue on another forum when trying to get registered because the captcha was not visible to me.

I have tested different web browsers under XP and no one was able to see the captcha,  with W7 I had no problem though.

today I got a similar issue when trying to leave a comment on another site, the captcha was invisble even though ublock was disabled.

has anyone suffered from anything similar ?

I dont have any problems with captcha:)