My Browser Builds (Part 1)

@simonsat Do they work with current NM release? (I mean, does the error I have mentioned a couple days ago, still appear?)

Okay, I have managed to check it for myself and it seems that indeed they fix this error and are also compatible with current NM version.

Edited by Tamris

In the basilisk, palemoon and mypal - from now on I do not want to run the google translator extension. It stopped working, The icon turns green and does not translate.
Is there any addition, what changes the text and do not pop up nasty translation windows?

b9aa1101b7e8569dgen.png

Edited by kitaro1

On 11/28/2018 at 6:49 AM, mockingbird said:

Here's another vote for an XP port of Interlink.

Thanks for your hard work roytam1.

a trial build is created. (it builds, it starts in XP, others are untested)

binary: https://o.rths.cf/mailnews-uxp/mailnews-20181129-6d703f2-uxp-b37e8f87c-xpmod.7z

source patch (excluding UXP): https://o.rths.cf/mailnews-uxp/interlink-src-xpmod-20181129.7z

21 hours ago, 404notfound said:

I'm experiencing significant CPU usage and not so smooth graphics

on facebook site PM28 often runs at 30% and the site is almost unusable when I have a few open tabs., not sure if this issue already existed on the previous versions.

I wonder if the hardware has anything to do ? I use AMD quad core as my main PC but I also have a i5 and i7 desktop computers, although I  have not tested them with PM.

for facebook issue, downgrading user agent seems make it load faster, besides the top nag bar.

general.useragent.override.facebook.com = Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:38.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.9 (Pale Moon)

What a joke reddit.com/r/firefox/ has become. Besides the usual quantum suckups where no criticism is tolerated for anyone who even hints at still using an older version there's an auto moderator that chimes in to spank the poster. They are scolded to immediately upgrade to a newer, safer, warmer version complete with Alice in Wonderland coloring books before the big bad security bogeyman gets ya.

Apparently Mozilla thinks we're all a bunch of little children who need their constant hand holding to save us from ourselves. Not even Microsoft is that much of a nanny.

19 minutes ago, DanR20 said:

They are scolded to immediately upgrade to a newer, safer, warmer version complete with Alice in Wonderland coloring books before the big bad security bogeyman gets ya.

:lol: Excellent.

"The big bad security bogeyman" :lol:

Edited by hotnuma

19 minutes ago, DanR20 said:

They are scolded to immediately upgrade to a newer, safer, warmer version complete with Alice in Wonderland coloring books before the big bad security bogeyman gets ya.

Because you know, issues are in the browsers ...

https://shkspr.mobi/blog/2018/11/major-sites-running-unauthenticated-javascript-on-their-payment-pages/

... just sayin' ...

jaclaz

@jaclaz, the problem is no matter what you run on the internet there's a security risk. I've been using computers for 20 years and never had a problem with viruses yet. It's a matter of taking advantage of the right tools, like noscript and turning on javascript only when needed. I do upgrade software when it's worth using but not for the sake of it.

My hunch is Mozilla is desperate for market share and they need people off the older versions and onto quantum and they use security fears as a way to nudge people in that direction. It used to work but it doesn't so much anymore.

1 hour ago, DanR20 said:

@jaclaz, the problem is no matter what you run on the internet there's a security risk. I've been using computers for 20 years and never had a problem with viruses yet. It's a matter of taking advantage of the right tools, like noscript and turning on javascript only when needed. I do upgrade software when it's worth using but not for the sake of it.

Sure.

I have been using computers for some more time than you, adopting similar techniques (with similar results :)) but of course ours is just "survivor bias" (at least in the perverted minds of the new generation of geniuses that is populating the tech scene).

jaclaz