My Browser Builds (Part 1)

6 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

first, don't quote entire release post.

second, for 1st bug, it is unfixable by mozilla and me, you might try if mypal will work or not (unless Feodor2 has custom fix for it, otherwise no)

for 2nd/3rd bug, please check if you have firefox compatibility user agent selected.

In the build  Palemoon-27.9.0a1-xpmod everything works!In version 28 you broke everything!you don't fix it! you just break everything with every new one build!

2 minutes ago, zipandlips said:

In the build  Palemoon-27.9.0a1-xpmod everything works!In version 28 you broke everything!you don't fix it! you just break everything with every new one build!

First, I don't break it. If someone must take responsibility for this, then it should be Mozilla and Moonchild Productions, not me.

Second, you should study whats the difference between gecko 38 and 52, and how many changes do Moonchild people changed that enhance speed and security, and changes that prevents running in old windows, and how much effort I put to restore functionality on old windows. If you failed to do this, then please leave this thread.

53 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

First, I don't break it. If someone must take responsibility for this, then it should be Mozilla and Moonchild Productions, not me.

Second, you should study whats the difference between gecko 38 and 52, and how many changes do Moonchild people changed that enhance speed and security, and changes that prevents running in old windows, and how much effort I put to restore functionality on old windows. If you failed to do this, then please leave this thread.

@roytam1 Thank you for the tremendous effort and time you put forth in providing me with a fast and secure browser to run on my XP machine.   I just want you to know there are many like me who certainly appreciate all you do.

11 hours ago, roytam1 said:

and how much effort I put to restore functionality on old windows.

Indeed :cheerleader:... And for that you deserve all the praise there is! :worship:

11 hours ago, roytam1 said:

Moonchild Productions, not me.

Technically, even they can't be held responsible for issues on the XP platform, as they - since long ago - do not target that (so they can't test on XP) and do not care if their code, patched only to the extent it will allow it to run satisfactorily on XP/Vista (and this is only where Roy steps in) creates issues for XP/Vista users...

@zipandlips: My dear Russian friend, you should stop sounding demanding, impolite, disrespectful; this attitude will not get you far, not only here, but probably in other places where you'd arrive to seek help ;) ... I sense you are just overly frustrated and not meaning to insult people, still... In any case, read what I wrote previously in this (long) trhead: 

On 10/6/2018 at 6:01 AM, VistaLover said:

BTW, you should not expect @roytam1 to implement major new features in New Moon 28 (his fork) that are not yet present upstream, i.e. in original Pale Moon 28 source (master branch); the way I see it (and please someone correct me if I am wrong), Roy's main focus is/should be creating and testing patches to Pale Moon that will enable it to run on Windows XP + Vista, both OSs that the official app has dropped support for; main browser code is still the task for Moonchild Productions; if you do find a bug inside Roy's patches (that enable XP+Vista support), by all means report it here, but GUI improvements + implementation of new features should not, IMHO, be a thing for Roy... ;)

If you can reliably reproduce some of your issues with the official Pale Moon 28.1.0 build (perhaps on a borrowed Win7+ machine), then post about it (in mild language, please) in the official forum, else take what you're offered and be glad about it... This is a one-person effort, don't expect that wonders can be worked for an OS now 4.5 years EOL'd -_-

Edited by VistaLover

6 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

roytam1,I did not want to offend you!I apologize!

Just now, VistaLover said:

Indeed :cheerleader:... And for that you deserve all the praise there is! :worship:

Technically, even they can't be held responsible for issues on the XP platform, as they - since long ago - do not target that (so they can't test on XP) and do not care if their code, patched only to the extent it will allow it to run satisfactorily on XP/Vista (and this is only where ROY steps in ) creates issues to XP/Vista users...

@zipandlips: My dear Russian friend, you should stop sounding demanding, impolite, disrespectful; this attitude will not get you far, not only here, but probably in other places where you'd arrive to seek help ;) ... I sense you are just overly frustrated and not meaning to insult people, still... In any case, read what I wrote previously in this (long) trhead: 

If you can reliably reproduce some of your issues with the official Pale Moon 28.1.0 build (perhaps on a borrowed Win7+ machine), then post about it (in mild language, please) in the official forum, else take what you're offered and be glad about it... This is a one-person effort, don't expect that wonders can be worked for an OS now 4.5 years EOL'd -_-

VistaLover ,I understood you !:)

On 10/17/2018 at 11:24 PM, obstinateXP said:

I've been using New Moon 28 ... (Extension) Ad Block Plus isn't showing up in the status bar or menus. It seems to be working, but I can't access it to make any changes.

First, I saw what User 'VistaLover' suggested (uBlock Origin = UBO) to you, and I agree strongly with that.

But, IF you are insistent on using ADBLOCK PLUS, this could help you (or not).

Under NM28 Browser MENU, choose VIEW, then point at TOOLBARS, and Click on CUSTOMIZE. The CUSTOMIZE 'box' should open, with some ICONS that you can choose to (Mouse) DRAG them up onto the Browser MENU area (next to the URL ADDRESS input box, on the right side). So, the ADBLOCK PLUS Icon MIGHT be 'mixed in' there, inside that CUSTOMIZE 'box' somewhere. And if so, just DRAG that ABP Icon up next to OTHER Extension Icons that you likely already have them there visible on NM28 Browser. Reason that I suggest this, is that I had this 'Hidden Icon' situation happen (UBO Icon ended up in CUSTOMIZE 'box') with my install of UBO Extension on the BASILISK55 Browser (also a ROYTAM maintained one).

Anyway, regardless, does not hurt to suggest checking in the (NM28 Menu: VIEW ; TOOLBARS) CUSTOMIZE 'box' for a 'missing' EXTENSION Icon from a seemingly otherwise successful EXTENSION install.

Edited by TechnoRelic

4 hours ago, roytam1 said:

* Freenom had just suspended my domain, and I've just updated URLs in posts linked in 1st post. 

... Well, this is unfortunate :}; any explanation from them why they did so? Anyhow, thanks :thumbup for restoring things; I had several bookmarks pointing directly at your repository, I had to manually edit hostnames from o.rthost.cf to o.rths.cf to make them work again ;):)

roytam1,your advice with (general.useragent.override.) helped me with sites in PM28XP build -https://worldoftanks.ru/ and https://vk.com !:worship:

I registered in about:config -   general.useragent.override.vk.com;Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.9 (Pale Moon)

general.useragent.override.worldoftanks.ru;Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.9 (Pale Moon)

5 hours ago, zipandlips said:

roytam1,your advice with (general.useragent.override.) helped me with sites in PM28XP build -https://worldoftanks.ru/ and https://vk.com !:worship:

I registered in about:config -   general.useragent.override.vk.com;Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.9 (Pale Moon)

general.useragent.override.worldoftanks.ru;Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.9 (Pale Moon)

you don't need to set these if you set "Firefox compatibility" in options.