My Browser Builds (Part 1)

19 hours ago, caliber said:

PM28 doesn't show the increased percentage when clicking control + mouse scroll

Actually, this is normal; you should realise that while the UXP platform was forked from a Firefox ESR 52.6.0 platform snapshot, the application Pale Moon 28 itself (built on the UXP platform) does not implement the Australis GUI, much like its previous major version 27.

The feature you describe was added on top of the Australis interface (Fx >=29.0) by Mozilla developers and should be there in both Firefox ESR 52.9.0 / Basilisk 52 (Serpent 52.9.0), as long as you do not move the "Zoom Controls" button (- +) to a browser toolbar; this native browser feature was not present in the pre-Australis (Fx <=28.0) Firefox GUI that PM uses...

fix it please.

There's nothing to fix here, as explained above; BTW, you should not expect @roytam1 to implement major new features in New Moon 28 (his fork) that are not yet present upstream, i.e. in original Pale Moon 28 source (master branch); the way I see it (and please someone correct me if I am wrong), Roy's main focus is/should be creating and testing patches to Pale Moon that will enable it to run on Windows XP + Vista, both OSs that the official app has dropped support for; main browser code is still the task for Moonchild Productions; if you do find a bug inside Roy's patches (that enable XP+Vista support), by all means report it here, but GUI improvements + implementation of new features should not, IMHO, be a thing for Roy... ;)

In any case, if you want the requested functionality in New Moon 28 (currently at version 28.2.0a1), you can install an extension which offers pretty much the same thing, Zoom Page v15.7 (it creates a button that can be placed inside any toolbar, but, sadly, not inside the URLbar):

180037.png

more bugs  :}

I think it's universally accepted there's no software that is bug-free; however, your bug reporting skills are very flimsy in this case; please read Information to include when asking for support ; providing just a screengrab without further info (e.g. the URL details of the page where this occurs) so other people here can test and try to reproduce results in pure sensationalism, with slim chances of a resolution of your issue...

Please understand I have nothing personal against you :), my advice above was simply offered so us members here can help each other in a more productive manner... ;)

Regards

Edited by VistaLover

42 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

Roy's main focus is/should be creating and testing patches to Pale Moon that will enable it to run on Windows XP + Vista, both OSs that the official app has dropped support for;

+1. Let's let Roy concentrate solely on that, which is of paramount importance to both XP and Vista communities. :yes:

New build of basilisk/UXP for XP!

Test binary:
Win32 https://o.rthost.cf/basilisk/basilisk52-g4.1.win32-git-20181006-8860eddce-xpmod.7z
Win64 https://o.rthost.cf/basilisk/basilisk52-g4.1.win64-git-20181006-8860eddce-xpmod.7z

diff: https://o.rthost.cf/basilisk/UXP-xp-gitdiff-20180606.7z

PM28XP build:
Win32 https://o.rthost.cf/palemoon/palemoon-28.2.0a1.win32-git-20181006-8860eddce-xpmod.7z
Win64 https://o.rthost.cf/palemoon/palemoon-28.2.0a1.win64-git-20181006-8860eddce-xpmod.7z

Official repo changes since my last build:
- Update upstream URL and update script for libnestegg (d8434bf15)
- Update libnestegg from upstream (dad1c31db)
- Get rid of the incorrect mechanism to remove insecure fallback hosts. (347aea437)
- Update HSTS preload list (778b3c4d7)
- Update test files for libnestegg update (704c93539)
- Merge pull request #800 from trav90/update-from-upstream (c7e12ca39)
- Remove telemetry to find optimal cache entry hash size (0b1600742)
- Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/MoonchildProductions/UXP (6d9103276)
- Update telemetry whitelists. (ddf29811b)
- Clean up a number of unused variables. (81b341a9b)
- Remove telemetry probes for cache file system. (3343a4b47)
- Remove telemetry probes to get detailed disk cache hit rate. (ab9edfb54)
- Remove cache I/O telemetry. (8ba6dd1bd)
- [ffvpx] Update ffvp9/ffvp8 to release 4.0.2 (edc124b92)
- Clobber for ffvpx update (7d1ee0e5e)
- Remove unused telemetry functions/variables. (7b0f3f2f9)
- Remove telemetry from cache v1 service locking (part1). (d718e32b5)
- Remove telemetry from cache v1 service locking (part2). (ec4c6dd42)
- Remove telemetry reporting functions from CubebUtils (38e8ee1e6)
- [PALEMOON] Use message manager to detect full-screen HTML5 video in S4E module (35a1adb07)
- Merge pull request #804 from JustOff/PR_s4e_FullScreenVideo (ab881a3bf)
- Merge pull request #801 from trav90/update-from-upstream (79b00fc33)
- Revert "Update ffvpx code to 4.0.2" (45c24f05d)
- Merge pull request #805 from MoonchildProductions/revert-801-update-from-upstream (8e8fcee4a)
- [ffvpx] Update ffvp9/ffvp8 to release 4.0.2 (ebc8d7e3c)
- [ffvpx] Remove unneeded libavcodec symbols and dummy functions (82238ada2)
- Clobber for ffvpx update (41ccd52bf)
- Merge pull request #806 from trav90/ffvpx-resync (69d83c8fb)
- [ffmpeg] Always allocate memory to pass extradata (c0d9931cf)
- Merge pull request #808 from trav90/media-work (26975ccf5)
- Make all arguments to init*Event() optional except the first (e42166a5b)
- Bug 1493900. (ca7ecd37c)
- Ensure we got an nsISSLStatus when deserializing in TransportSecurityInfo. (95379e337)
- Fix in-tab close button behavior (#775) (d74519372)
- Merge pull request #811 from MaxKoll/MaxKoll-patch-1 (8860eddce)

My changes besides above changes:
- reverted rev ebc8d7e3c...82238ada2 (i.e. 69d83c8fb) in favoring ffmpeg-3.4 branch, since ffmpeg-4.x needs SRWLock and bcrypt changes to be undone which is not yet tested

Edited by roytam1

On 10/5/2018 at 2:16 PM, roytam1 said:

nope, the SRWLock changes are needed to be undone as well.

How it is running on my pc compiled with vs2017? Please wait I will check if extended XP is not uninstalled properly.

On 10/6/2018 at 7:08 AM, roytam1 said:

... this link is now "404 - Not Found" :huh::dubbio:; whatever happened to it? ... And is this UXP patch file applicable to both browser applications, i.e. New Moon 28 and Serpent 52.9.0 ?

On 10/6/2018 at 7:08 AM, roytam1 said:

My changes besides above changes:
- reverted rev ebc8d7e3c...82238ada2 (i.e. 69d83c8fb) in favoring ffmpeg-3.4 branch, since ffmpeg-4.x needs SRWLock and bcrypt changes to be undone which is not yet tested

As far as I am aware, FFmpeg 4.x.x branch is still Windows Vista compatible, so perhaps you could, in theory, include the ffvpx 4.x.x code and "ifdef" it for winver >=6.0 (for us using UXP browsers on Vista), else fallback to ffvpx 3.4.x for winver < 6.0; but, IMHO, eventually you should start experimenting with patching the 4.x.x code, to gain for all (XP+Vista) the performance and security improvements merged in the 4.x.x branch by the FFmpeg devs... :rolleyes:

Thanks for your on-going stupendous efforts! :wub:

7 hours ago, Vistaboy said:

NewMoon it's really worth of use. Lighter than firefox.

Is there any way to get this externsion working? The browser extensions for FF (53+/48+) can't be installed neither in the "save as" mode.

Hi :); unfortunately, both the current Firefox (53+) full browser extension (at version 3.2.32) and the limited Old Firefox (48+) browser extension (at version 1.0.6) are of the WebExtension type, a format that Pale Moon (hence New Moon) does not support by choice/design :no:; OTOH, Serpent 52.9.0 comes with a limited set of WebExtension APIs, so you might want to check your luck there ;) 

I was successful in installing the full extension on both Serpent 52.9.0/55.0.0,

C7BuxQR.jpg

but since I don't have the app installed (nor a MyJDownloader account), I can't test the extension is fully functional! ;)

Hope I've helped... :P

Hi.

There is no need for webextensions.

Dedicated extensions can be installed:

https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/

Legacy extensions for Firefox (usually older versions).

Other extensions (the best is HTTPS Always) for supported browsers:

https://wiki.hyperbola.info/doku.php?id=en:project:iceweasel-uxp_addons

https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/seamonkey/extensions/privacy-and-security/?sort=popular&amp;page=3

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

On 10/6/2018 at 6:19 PM, Dibya said:

How it is running on my pc compiled with vs2017? Please wait I will check if extended XP is not uninstalled properly.

I compiled myself an ffmpeg version targeting XP 32-bit and also XP x64 last weekend. Built on CygWin, removing bcrypt/schannel and avssource stuff (because I don't have that on CygWin), and replacing the crypto functions with OpenSSL. I can confirm that this works without any Windows API modifications; No Extended XP or anything on my machines, it's all regular Microsoft stuff:

ffmpeg 4.0.2 64-bit on XP x64

(click to enlarge)

Edited by GrandAdmiralThrawn