My Browser Builds (Part 1)

50 minutes ago, Dibya said:

I have redist installed 

Same here instantly closes.

OK I found one more place has to be modified or dwmapi.dll will be required. Rebuilding binary now.

ucrtbase.dll will be included so there is no need to install vc2015 runtime anymore.

EDIT: Done recompiling, new binary is here:

Edited by roytam1

Installed the archive above (Nightly 2017.11.12 (32-bit)) on XP Pro. It didn't interfere with the several versions of PaleMoon and Firefox I have scattered over my disks, and it ran perfectly with full video capabilities. Am now customizing it with my customary add-ons, and moving across my Palemoon passwords and history. Thank you for the great work you have done!

Suggestion: for XP you might default about:config "network.http.spdy.enforce-tls-profile" to "false" since XP typically does not have the capability to enforce the "true" security (AFAIK).

I spoke too soon (above).

I did create logins.json successfully, and eventually got my bookmarks and history working OK with Basilisk, but there is an overriding problem which made things tough.

Whenever the browser tries to open an explorer menu it fails, and nothing happens. This is even noticeable from a RUN "basilisk -P" command, where the profile editor to "Create Profile" displays a button for "Choose Folder" that button does nothing, and the new profile is opened in the default location. Similarly, when one opens the "Show all Bookmarks" panel, "Import and Backup", then selecting any of the import or export items from the list does not result in a folder opening, and therefore no import or export occurring. This gave me a few headaches...

When I initiate a download the download is OK as long as I accept the default download location. When I set options to "always ask" for the download path, no explorer menu is opened, and the download fails without an error message.

OS is Windows XP SP3, this problem does not exist with any other software (I have 452 folders in my "Program Files" directory, this is a daily-use development machine). Palemoon 26.5.0, Firefox 52, Chrome 49.0.2623.112 and Chromium 49.0.2623.112 all have no similar problems

Do you have any suggestions?

Edited by trevmar
typo

1 hour ago, trevmar said:

I spoke too soon (above).

I did create logins.json successfully, and eventually got my bookmarks and history working OK with Basilisk, but there is an overriding problem which made things tough.

Whenever the browser tries to open an explorer menu it fails, and nothing happens. This is even noticeable from a RUN "basilisk -P" command, where the profile editor to "Create Profile" displays a button for "Choose Folder" that button does nothing, and the new profile is opened in the default location. Similarly, when one opens the "Show all Bookmarks" panel, "Import and Backup", then selecting any of the import or export items from the list does not result in a folder opening, and therefore no import or export occurring. This gave me a few headaches...

When I initiate a download the download is OK as long as I accept the default download location. When I set options to "always ask" for the download path, no explorer menu is opened, and the download fails without an error message.

OS is Windows XP SP3, this problem does not exist with any other software (I have 452 folders in my "Program Files" directory, this is a daily-use development machine). Palemoon 26.5.0, Firefox 52, Chrome 49.0.2623.112 and Chromium 49.0.2623.112 all have no similar problems

Do you have any suggestions?

So folder chooser dialog is not showing? then some code needs to be changed for SHBrowseForFolder().

18 minutes ago, Erni_27 said:

I have question, how can I change language (Polish)? I can do it at Nightly edition? Do you know?

For Pale Moon/New Moon, please see this:

for moebius/Basilisk, you may try using official Firefox 55 language packs.

38 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

So folder chooser dialog is not showing? then some code needs to be changed for SHBrowseForFolder().

That is correct, the folder/file chooser dialog is not displaying, and it appears an exit error code is being generated, which is being ignored (no error messages displayed). I don't understand how the Basilisk code is organized, however, so I can't drill down more than to say the problem is global, I have never seen it generate a file/folder chooser dialog during attempts at read or write.

Edited by trevmar
typo

27 minutes ago, Erni_27 said:

So, when I install Polish language pack from Mozilla official site and change language about:config general.useragent.locale to pl. Only what I see after restart browser:

firefox 55.JPG

OK then Pale Moon developers made changes which makes moebius/Basilisk becoming incompatible with official language pack.

For now there is no language pack for moebius/Basilisk from Pale Moon developers.

4 hours ago, trevmar said:

That is correct, the folder/file chooser dialog is not displaying, and it appears an exit error code is being generated, which is being ignored (no error messages displayed). I don't understand how the Basilisk code is organized, however, so I can't drill down more than to say the problem is global, I have never seen it generate a file/folder chooser dialog during attempts at read or write.

So they deleted code path for pre-Vista. I just restored them and it works now.
updated binary in:

New Build!

32bit https://o.rthost.cf/palemoon/palemoon-27.7.0a2.win32-git-20171113-01c8183e0-xpmod.7z

64bit https://o.rthost.cf/palemoon/palemoon-27.7.0a2.win64-git-20171113-01c8183e0-xpmod.7z

Official repo changes since my last build:
- Switch sync and key server to palemoon.org (mobile) (eccdd2532)
- Migrate existing Sync users transparently to palemoon.org. (980ac3b01)
- Bump unstable version to test migration code. (dfa793775)
- Update CitiBank's SSUAO because it no longer accepts native. (4ce64d9f5)
- Update Netflix SSUAO to community-reported working one. (3c2ddae32)
- DOM - Buttons - Events - calling focus() from a focus handler (1562abd77)
- Ensure we process FIN flags on all-padding final frames. (f2bd2a4ef)
- Merge pull request #1461 from janekptacijarabaci/dom_buttons_events_1 (1226bb672)
- Merge pull request #1463 from JustOff/PR_Http2Session_FIN (01c8183e0)