Notice: "Serpent", "New Moon", "MailNews" are generic debranded names and they are subject to change in the future. Archive directory names and archive filenames will only be changed once generic debranded names are not used in the future.
Latest changelog is available here as well:
Serpent/UXP browser (MCP reforked 52ESR as new base), and NM28XP releases:
Binaries are moved to here: (I'm lazy to edit all previous posts)
BOC related binaries:
Binary list: https://o.rths.cf/boc-uxp/?sort=date&order=desc
Q: Having audio distorted when watching Twitter/etc.?
A: Please try turning on "Firefox compatibility" in options dialog or either "general.useragent.compatMode = 2" or "general.useragent.compatMode.firefox = true" in about:config and reload the page.
Q: Can't play H264 clips? (for PM27/KM76)
A: Download following packages for your browser edition(32bit/64bit) and extract DLLs to same place as palemoon.exe lives.
32bit LAV dlls are in separated package (extracted from K-Lite codec pack 13.5.5)
Just in case if you have an older processor which has no SSE instruction set support:
32bit NoSSE (ffmpeg 3.1.1 lite build)
32bit No ASM (ffmpeg 3.1.1 lite build, if build above doesn't work on your processor)
64bit LAV dlls are in separated package (LAV Filters 64bit 0.70.2)
Q: AV1 Support? (for UXP-based applications except mailnews)
A: You need to enable "media.av1.enabled" in about:config
Q: VP9 Support? (for PM27)
A: VP9 works if async MSE option is unchecked and "Enable MSE for WebM Video" checked in options.
Q: Extensions/Themes not working after updating binaries.
A: If you encounter extensions not show icon, clicking options button of extension causing browser unresponsive, etc. please try following actions:
1.a Killing palemoon.exe process
1.b Copy whole extensions folder out of profile folder (to somewhere else for example, desktop)
1.c Restart browser without restoring previous sessions
1.d Goto about:addons page
1.e Drop XPI files from the copied-out extensions folder to about:addonss page One-by-One.
1.f After all XPI files are dropped and installed/updated, restart browser
Q: Virus detected?
A: Tell your anti-virus program to exclude palemoon.exe and/or plugin-container.exe. Some anti-virus heuristic engines (for example symantec's sonar engine) is too sensitive to palemoon.exe/plugin-container.exe network activities.
Q: Where's your patches for compiling my own?
A: Please visit the link above "FAQ:". Latest source patch files are named "sources_patches_YYYYMMDD.7z" in that page.
Q: basilisk browser showing basic pages in GMail?
A: set these to "ture" in about:config
Q: How to change User Interface language?
A: Please see this post:
Q: Portable Loader?
A: You can always use official portable launcher with my binaries, or you can use my simple portable loader written in NSIS:
Q: How to install extensions/themes in BNavigator browser?
A: Please check this post out:
NewMoon 27 build:
Serpent/moebius browser (deprecated by MCP, forked by me), and also 26.5 as playground :
And NewMoon 26.5 and K-Meleon 74 with Goanna 2.2 (newmoon-26.5) for vanilla Win2000 build:
K-Meleon browser with Goanna/Tycho engine:
It has its own sub-forum in K-Meleon official forum!
Firefox ESR 45 with TenFourFox fixes for SSE-only machines:
K-Meleon Original cross-post is here:
----original post message belows----
Today's build with portable LAV libraries.
Place LAV dlls (av*.dll) in same place as palemoon.exe lives.
Official repo changes since my last build:
-Clobber for Brotli/WOFF2 update
-Fix some comments (no code change)
-Enable Brotli content-encoding by default (https only).
-Pull woff2 upstream update.
-Update Brotli decompressor.
My changes since my last build:
- Upgrade Mozilla NSPR and NSS to 4.16 and 3.22 for (hopefully) faster AES operations
New build of post-deprecated basilisk/moebius for XP!
* Notice: This repo will not be built on regular schedule, and changes are experimental as usual.
** Current moebius patch level should be on par with 52.8, but some security patches can not be applied/ported due to source milestone differences between versions.
- update libaom to rev f4e775cf3753ec26109c8ced5621c565f53085b6 (without moz.build and aom_ports/aom_once.h) (69f3033c6)
- update libaom to rev 9b1252eab0616d2c1f6d7990c6256441c0b6483f (without moz.build and aom_ports/aom_once.h) (bba80660d)
- update libaom to rev c07e9d6ccf340843e8899e7da6b15a0893007bd5 (without moz.build and aom_ports/aom_once.h) (bfd0f4404)
- update libaom to rev a1615ed01a112432825f231a1fa47295cff127b4 (without moz.build and aom_ports/aom_once.h) (abe401331)
- update NSS to rev c8f7602ce9e6 with nss339-vc2013.diff applied (89623fdde)
- import changes from wg9s seamonkey-2.49 patches:
- Bug 1420865 - Don't check for CONTENT_MAY_CHANGE_TRANSFORM across layer trees. r=mstange, a=RyanVM
- Bug 1466991 - Part 1: Factor out ShouldUseXBLScope. r=smaug, a=RyanVM
- Bug 1376756 - gtk: while drawing nsTreeBodyFrame, fetch current row attributes for proper style rendering. r=karlt a=jorgk DONTBUILD
- Bug 1465458 - Fix launching downloads without a file extension on Windows. r=mak, a=RyanVM
- Bug 1470260 - Part 1: Ensure that 'this' stays alive for the duration of the TickRefreshDriver call. r=emilio, a=RyanVM
- Bug 1470260 - Part 2: Make RefreshDriverTimer ref-counted and hold a strong ref on it on the stack when nsRefreshDriver::Tick can be reached. r=emilio, a=RyanVM
- Bug 1469914 - Prevent the HAL from registering duplicate observers. r=froydnj, a=RyanVM
- Bug 1472925 - Keep a strong reference to MediaStreamGraph from GraphDriver. r=padenot, a=RyanVM
- Bug 468497: Inform the accessibility FocusManager when a XUL tree's view changes. r=MarcoZ a=jorgk DONTBUILD
- Bug 1362303: Avoid crashes when dragging on macOS due to failed allocations of large shmem segments. r=glandium
- Bug 1473161 - Add missing bound check in nsContentUtils::DataTransferItemToImage. r=nika, a=RyanVM
- Bug 1456294 - Hook ImmAssociateContextEx. r=masayuki, a=RyanVM
- Bug 1435319. r=valentin, a=RyanVM
- Bug 1478679 - Fix memory leak in LCovCompartment. r=nbp, a=RyanVM
- Bug 1468053 - Disable a workaround on macOS 10.14+ for an Apple bug described in bug 378645 involving popup windows that was fixed by Apple. r=mstange, a=RyanVM
- Bug 1403945 - Add utility functions to recognize OS X 10.13. r=mstange, a=sledru
- Bug 1468053 - Add nsCocoaFeatures::OnMojaveOrLater(). r=haik, a=RyanVM
- Bug 1467889 - Adjust some uses of XPCOM strings. r=mrbkap, r=mstange, a=RyanVM
- Bug 1474883 - Ensure D2D glyph cache is pruned after rendering 1000 transformed glyphs. r=bas, a=RyanVM
- Bug 1450989 - Capture the action and target as part of the form submission creation. r=bz, a=RyanVM
- Bug 1473113 - Defer initializing the MAR index until it's needed. r=rstrong, a=RyanVM
- Bug 1467363 - Protect access to mTransparentSurface with a lock. r=rhunt, a=RyanVM
- Bug 1404274 - Key Evaluation on the cloned JS objects. r=asuth, a=RyanVM
- Bug 1480640 - Fix hazard in CopyingStructuredCloneReadCallback. r=baku, a=RyanVM
- Bug 1480092 - Cherrypick rev 52add5896661d186dec284ed646a4b33b607d2c7. r=drno a=RyanVM
- Bug 1466577 - Race condition in WebSocketChannel::StopSession. r=hurley a=dveditz
- Bug 1461307 - Overwrite selection colors of widget which may be referred by IME via IM context with selection colors of GtkTextView. r=karlt, a=RyanVM
- Bug 1480521 - Backport fixes from Bug 1479900. r=sfink, a=RyanVM
- Bug 1469348 - Fix the problem of download file failed on Mac. r=paolo, a=RyanVM
- Bug 1478575 - Unify CamerasChild shutdown paths. r=gcp, a=RyanVM
- Bug 1461706 - Sync disabled state of number control regardless of appearance. r=jwatt, a=RyanVM
- Bug 1485224 - Make best efforts to write a stack frame atomically. r=froydnj
- Bug 1435212 - Add support for FFmpeg 4.0. r=bryce, a=jcristau
- Bug 1512882 - Use Windows 7 search icon on Windows 8.x. r=IanN a=IanN
- Bug 1496588: Avoid a UB in mozStorageService.cpp. r=froydnj
- Bug 1500759 - Root parameter dictionaries in AesTask::Init(). r=keeler, a=lizzard (9c1bff848)