Notice: "Serpent", "New Moon", "MailNews" are generic debranded names and they are subject to change in the future. Archive directory names and archive filenames will only be changed once generic debranded names are not used in the future.
Latest changelog is available here as well:
Serpent/UXP browser (MCP reforked 52ESR as new base), and NM28XP releases:
Binaries are moved to here: (I'm lazy to edit all previous posts)
BOC related binaries:
Binary list: https://o.rths.cf/boc-uxp/?sort=date&order=desc
Q: Having audio distorted when watching Twitter/etc.?
A: Please try turning on "Firefox compatibility" in options dialog or either "general.useragent.compatMode = 2" or "general.useragent.compatMode.firefox = true" in about:config and reload the page.
Q: Can't play H264 clips? (for PM27/KM76)
A: Download following packages for your browser edition(32bit/64bit) and extract DLLs to same place as palemoon.exe lives.
32bit LAV dlls are in separated package (extracted from K-Lite codec pack 13.5.5)
Just in case if you have an older processor which has no SSE instruction set support:
32bit NoSSE (ffmpeg 3.1.1 lite build)
32bit No ASM (ffmpeg 3.1.1 lite build, if build above doesn't work on your processor)
64bit LAV dlls are in separated package (LAV Filters 64bit 0.70.2)
Q: AV1 Support? (for UXP-based applications except mailnews)
A: You need to enable "media.av1.enabled" in about:config
Q: VP9 Support? (for PM27)
A: VP9 works if async MSE option is unchecked and "Enable MSE for WebM Video" checked in options.
Q: Extensions/Themes not working after updating binaries.
A: If you encounter extensions not show icon, clicking options button of extension causing browser unresponsive, etc. please try following actions:
1.a Killing palemoon.exe process
1.b Copy whole extensions folder out of profile folder (to somewhere else for example, desktop)
1.c Restart browser without restoring previous sessions
1.d Goto about:addons page
1.e Drop XPI files from the copied-out extensions folder to about:addonss page One-by-One.
1.f After all XPI files are dropped and installed/updated, restart browser
Q: Virus detected?
A: Tell your anti-virus program to exclude palemoon.exe and/or plugin-container.exe. Some anti-virus heuristic engines (for example symantec's sonar engine) is too sensitive to palemoon.exe/plugin-container.exe network activities.
Q: Where's your patches for compiling my own?
A: Please visit the link above "FAQ:". Latest source patch files are named "sources_patches_YYYYMMDD.7z" in that page.
Q: basilisk browser showing basic pages in GMail?
A: set these to "ture" in about:config
Q: How to change User Interface language?
A: Please see this post:
Q: Portable Loader?
A: You can always use official portable launcher with my binaries, or you can use my simple portable loader written in NSIS:
Q: How to install extensions/themes in BNavigator browser?
A: Please check this post out:
NewMoon 27 build:
Serpent/moebius browser (deprecated by MCP, forked by me), and also 26.5 as playground :
And NewMoon 26.5 and K-Meleon 74 with Goanna 2.2 (newmoon-26.5) for vanilla Win2000 build:
K-Meleon browser with Goanna/Tycho engine:
It has its own sub-forum in K-Meleon official forum!
Firefox ESR 45 with TenFourFox fixes for SSE-only machines:
K-Meleon Original cross-post is here:
----original post message belows----
Today's build with portable LAV libraries.
Place LAV dlls (av*.dll) in same place as palemoon.exe lives.
Official repo changes since my last build:
-Clobber for Brotli/WOFF2 update
-Fix some comments (no code change)
-Enable Brotli content-encoding by default (https only).
-Pull woff2 upstream update.
-Update Brotli decompressor.
My changes since my last build:
- Upgrade Mozilla NSPR and NSS to 4.16 and 3.22 for (hopefully) faster AES operations
New build of post-deprecated basilisk/moebius for XP!
* Notice: This repo will not be built on regular schedule.
- libogg: updated to upstream rev ea2b95940 (55a47c01a)
- libtremor: updated to upstream rev 7c30a6634 (f4566a490)
- libvorbis: updated to upstream rev 4d6177c8a (68e402f1c)
- libtheora: cherry-picked some fixes from upstream: (d0de8b50e)
- Sanity improvements to oc_dec_headerin() error returns. (50fd339b4)
- Fix mismatched oc_mb_fill_cmapping11 signature. (12f20c7a5)
- Correct an operator precedence error in the visualization code. (6b94bf905)
- Remove some redundant NULL checks (de386d3ea)
- update unofficial branding to Serpent from upstream UXP (03af66685)
- cherry-picked mozilla upstream changes: bug1302340, bug1318792, bug1321502, bug1333631, bug1334047, bug1334281, bug1334590, bug1334972, bug1335619, bug1335654, bug1336044, bug1336098, bug1336229, bug1336349, bug1336481, bug1336899, bug1344443 (ee7cd5f95)
And Palemoon-26.5 playground build (32bit only):
* Notice: MSE patch merged in this repo is not capable to play youtube clips, do not enable it unless you know what you're doing.
- libspeex_resampler: update to upstream rev 85e8ad543 and adapted header changes (8d39b7a01)
- libogg: updated to upstream rev ea2b95940 (3ff991027)
- libtremor: updated to upstream rev 7c30a6634 (c23e1ea54)
- libvorbis: updated to upstream rev 4d6177c8a (12f7e15a8)
- cherry-picked upstream changes: bug534409, bug829816, bug842181, bug858937, bug860543, bug880318, bug881504, bug884182, bug884718, bug885911, bug886791, bug887566, bug888352, bug888411, bug888551, bug889088 (810f7ed27)
- libtheora: cherry-picked some fixes from upstream: - Sanity improvements to oc_dec_headerin() error returns. (50fd339b4) - Fix mismatched oc_mb_fill_cmapping11 signature. (12f20c7a5) - Correct an operator precedence error in the visualization code. (6b94bf905) - Remove some redundant NULL checks (de386d3ea) (879c145fe)
Pale Moon 26.5 for Win2000:
updated test binary:
and updated test binary of K-Meleon 74 with Goanna 2.2(palemoon-26.5) that works in Win2000:
base repo: https://github.com/roytam1/palemoon26/tree/oldvc
Changes since last build:
- JSCompartment: disable compiling with optimization, check pointers to avoid crash (6bc036e1f)
- cherry-picked upstream changes (via tbb-esr24): bug811122, bug922603 (2fa0b15ad)
- cherry-picked upstream commit: James Kolb - Bug 889693 - Implement MaskSurface in DrawTargetCairo. r=Bas (d9e56150b)
- Restore Win2000 support code (4/x) nsLocalFileWin::CopySingleFile: reverting part of logic to esr10 to avoid CopyFileExW() failing with ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER in win2000 (81d6870c3)
- cherry-picked upstream commit: Bug 895964 - "Could not create service for entry Disk Space Watcher Service" r=bent (d08e200dd)
- aboutDialog: remove (Atom/WinXP) tag (9d991aed5)
- sqlite: don't use malloc_usable_size() in debug build, which cause unresolved symbol on linking (39900b646)
- sqlite: downgrade to esr24-bundled version (3.7.11) for better old OS compatibility softoken: don't use SQLITE_FCNTL_TEMPFILENAME for old sqlite compatibility (8e13ffdc1)
- storage: don't use sqlite3_mutex_held()and sqlite3_mutex_notheld() even on debug build, which cause unresolved symbol in vc8 on linking (c7cc15602)
- aboutDialog: add back #expand directive (f293e24e2)
(reposted after forum data lost, original date: 14 April 2018 and 16 May 2018)