My Browser Builds (Part 1)

5 minutes ago, DanR20 said:

What happened to this week's UXP build? Everyone of my addons were dead, it's like being in safe mode. They show as being enabled in the addon manager but none work. Can anyone reproduce?

I can't reproduce here.

actually today's builds don't come with "great" commits from upstreams, and today's builds are mainly for testing my overhauled packaging script.

and for supporting KaiOS development, my (non-BOC) UXP builds comes with WebIDE again.

Edited by roytam1

13 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

I can't reproduce here.

Definitely lost custom buttons and classic theme restorer so maybe it's related to the UI.

Tried creating a new profile and it's impossible to get the menu bar to show. It does temporarily if you hit F10 but not right clicking to make it permanent. Also can't open the Customize pallette so at least for me there's UI problems.

Edited by DanR20

20 minutes ago, DanR20 said:

Definitely lost custom buttons and classic theme restorer so maybe it's related to the UI.

Tried creating a new profile and it's impossible to get the menu bar to show. It does temporarily if you hit F10 but not right clicking to make it permanent. Also can't open the Customize pallette so at least for me there's UI problems.

so you're using Serpent builds? for Serpent there is a glitch that is fixed. you may try redownloading.

5 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

so you're using Serpent builds? for Serpent there is a glitch that is fixed. you may try redownloading.

That crisis was resolved quickly, everything back to normal.

What was the glitch?

11 minutes ago, DanR20 said:

That crisis was resolved quickly, everything back to normal.

What was the glitch?

there is a missing guard that prevents devtools scripts from running correctly.

as a precaution all UXP builds uploaded today are replaced.

On 10/16/2019 at 7:44 PM, luweitest said:

Thank you @VistaLover ... (Bookmarks) IMPORTING feature for Firefox Android requested 7 years ago.

Probably, quite a few know of this (including you), but does no harm to post of it.

https://bookmark.house
This Bookmark House (B.H) is simple and (via Ads & Donors) free to use it.

https://bookmark.house/docs/help
BOOKMARKLET = Will work on most all (old) Win OS Browsers
to 'one click' create a 'Online URL Bookmark' at the B.H website.

So, for FIREFOX Android, there is a specific B.H ADD-ON (Extension) for it.
That you use it to save a URL to the B.H website.

B.H website allows IMPORT and EXPORT of your URL data base.
'IMPORT and EXPORT' is listed under B.H "OTHER OPERATIONS" button.

B.H is obviously NOT a SYNC situation. But say the MOZILLA FIREFOX SYNC service
did 'disappear' as an option. THEN, the B.H service would look MORE attractive
as a 'fall back' solution strategy for BOOKMARKS sharing between Devices (my view).

Edited by TechnoRelic

3 hours ago, Kwasiarz said:

Anyone here using Gmail? Does New Moon completely freeze after leaving Gmail only for me?

Newmon is slowly loading scripts for google services. You have to wait until the gmail has completely loaded. When you switch faster than gmail loads - then you have a heavy CPU load and newmon freezes. This also applies to other modifications of the palemoon - serpent, i.e. mypal, and also the original palemoon itself.

Another firefox comodo icedragon fork on FF 65 has quick startup and fast gmail support. Neither serpent, any newmon and mypal have a quick start. Icedragon you will polish, add a lot of extensions and amaze with speed. It's much faster than firefox 70.0, than chrome.

Why authors of slow browsers do not use instant icedragon solutions? @roytam1

13 minutes ago, kitaro1 said:

Why authors of slow browsers do not use instant icedragon solutions? @roytam1

different technologies. if you can make rust creating XP compatible binaries, and if you can make firefox > 53 XP compatible, please tell me how to do that.

2 hours ago, kitaro1 said:

comodo icedragon fork on FF 65 ...

OK, so that's Quantum-based with the "Photon" interface, right? My first thought was, "that couldn't run on XP;" but:

Will Comodo IceDragon run on my computer?

Comodo IceDragon will run on 32/64 bit Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.

On Windows 7, it certainly looks like Photon (and a bit too much like M$ Edge). I can't test it on XP until Monday; in the meantime, can anyone confirm? https://www.comodo.com/home/browsers-toolbars/icedragon-browser.php

(Warning: a dialog box will pop up offering to install "Comodo cloud Antivirus" and change your home page and default search engine to Yahoo on all supported browsers. You must click the teeny "Decline" button if you don't want to do that. Seems a bit PUPpy to me....)

A Quantum browser would have drawbacks; the chief ones being no legacy extensions and no NPAPI plug-ins (except Flash). Still, a Quantum browser on XP would be quite a feat.

Edited by Mathwiz