My Browser Builds (Part 1)

I have updated the file on my server once again so my installer can download the latest of roy's builds. I apologize for the delay, I was very busy for the past couple of days.

To those of you who suggested it... yes, I am working on automating the installer to "guess" what the latest build is, hopefully i can get that working by next week.

:)

On 8/3/2019 at 9:47 PM, Mathwiz said:

Cloudflare seems to have some sort of routing problem between much of Europe

18 hours ago, GlowingLights said:

Vistaboy is from Italy like Sampei.Nihira, so that's why they have the same problem.

13 hours ago, siria said:

Broken download reported from 3rd user, from Romania

10 hours ago, roytam1 said:

Oddly enough, the Cloudflare representative there (member @sandro MVP) suggested the following test:

http://sitemeer.com/#o.rths.cf

which claims that among European locations, o.rths.cf is being inaccessible from only the UK (Slough) CF node, with Italy (Arezzo) supposedly in the clear! :o

JINjjSz.jpg

It'll be a tough one to crack, for sure...

Edited by VistaLover

3 hours ago, Vistaboy said:

Thinking it's not reliable:

test.JPG

it may be ISP related. for UK connectivity, CF support staff contacted me from support ticket and giving me I list of CF UK IPs so I can trace back from my side, and I found that my upstream uses TATA Communications network (AS 6453) for intermediate route and it seems having a bad route to UK. I created a support ticket to my upstream ISP.

for Italy IPs, I'm asking CF support staff if (s)he can test and give out IPs for me to trace back.

Edited by roytam1

Hello, colleagues!

At me it turned out to teach Firefox 45 to play video in Instagram, but the browser does not play video in www.vk.com any more - the largest Russian social network. It can be corrected?

For Instagam in userContent.css.

@-moz-document domain(instagram.com) {

div.ZyFrc[role="dialog"] { display: block !important; }

}

On 8/5/2019 at 7:58 AM, Zollex said:

Unable to view html5 video on youtube. How possible?

Thanks for your question, but could you provide just a few more details please?

• Which browser are you using?
  • Which version?
  • Which youtube video are you trying to play?

On 8/5/2019 at 10:02 PM, roytam1 said:

it may be ISP related. for UK connectivity, CF support staff contacted me from support ticket and giving me I list of CF UK IPs so I can trace back from my side, and I found that my upstream uses TATA Communications network (AS 6453) for intermediate route and it seems having a bad route to UK. I created a support ticket to my upstream ISP.

for Italy IPs, I'm asking CF support staff if (s)he can test and give out IPs for me to trace back.

so my upstream ISP changed those unreachable IP ranges to use Telia's network instead of TATA Communications network, please try again.

So I have been trying to delve deeper into the "stuttering scrolling" issue, and I noticed some peculiar aspects on the two machines I've tested (the Tualatin and the Athlon 64 X2 at work). The issue seems to mostly affect Firefox 45 ESR SSE: if you scroll a page, in the beginning it's fine, but then it starts to stutter, even badly in some sites. Ironically enough, the site that suffers the most of this issue is Google, regardless of the user agent. But every site is affected by this, in a way or another. I have checked the browser even at stock configuration and without hardware acceleration enabled, and does the same thing, so it's a browser issue, or at least a problem caused by the way the browser renders the page.

On the other hand, the issue is mitigated drastically in New Moon 27, to the point it's almost unnoticeable, and is inexistent in K-Meleon 76 Goanna.

Now, I could have used New Moon 27 as a main browser, but unfortunately I can't since it doesn't support the earlier versions of YT 2 Player, an add-on that automatically parses Youtube links to VLC, only the latest version, which is much more bloated than the earlier ones, works.

I spent all the night sleepless in order to figure out a way to mitigate this issue, but I haven't found anything that could fix it. There might be something that could help reduce the stuttering a little bit, but I need to test it thoroughly before I can implement it in the UOC Patch. As I'm not a programmer and I can't in any way contribute to improve the source code of FF45 ESR SSE due to my lack of programming skills, I'm doing my best. Will keep you all updated. 

EDIT: Nothing. None of the possible solutions I tried works. Looks like I'll have to abandon Firefox 45 ESR SSE and switch to New Moon 27, but only if I find a way to make the earliest version of YT 2 Player work on it.

The issue lies in the rendering engine of the browser, so no patch can fix that, unless the code of the browser itself is modified.

Edited by looking4awayout