My Browser Builds (Part 1)

10 hours ago, Alex654 said:

Am I the only one who can't run it on Windows XP 32 bit? I extracted the archive contents into the new folder, tried to launch the EXE - and then something went terribly wrong. First I got a wndow "Welcome to the New Moon update!" with the Finish button (like the last step of the installation step-by-step master). The a browser window opened, but it contained 2 Windows XP borders (one inside of another), and inside the inner one was a decorated browser frame (themed by NewMoon engine). A closed the browser, and when I tried to start it once again I got an empty dialog with no text and 2 buttons, OK and Cancel. I pressed them several times, nothing happend, but at some point I got an application crash. Tried to create a shortcut on the desktop, adding -p new in the end - nothing has changed.

What am I missing?

UPD: added another profile name, new2. A profile dialog opened, but none of the buttons inside it seems to work (only the X button closes the window and terminates the process).

I would guess something added in the latest version conflicts with some other software you have installed.

Are both NM 28.2.0a1 and Basilisk (Serpent) 52 failing, or just one of them?

Edited by Mathwiz

Thanks so much for this project. Finally started to move away from 52esr to basilisk 52-g4.1, nice smooth transition, my addons work, i just have one question; Has anyone set tools like ccleaner with folders to be cleaned, before i start looking myself? Temp / net tracks type things that wont break basilisk. Thanks!

If you toggle the following setting in about:config.. the browser should clear itself at shutdown.

Those 4 are "false" by default.

user_pref("privacy.clearOnShutdown.offlineApps", true);
user_pref("privacy.clearOnShutdown.siteSettings", true);

user_pref("privacy.sanitize.migrateFx3Prefs", true);
user_pref("privacy.sanitize.sanitizeOnShutdown", true);

5 hours ago, sal here said:

Oh I see.. its been a while since I've used ccleaner actually, it doesn't detect basilisk or new moon I suspect because they are not installed - rather standalone programs.

Thanks for the settings tips, added them to my info folder. Did some digging, If you add :

CustomLocation1=FIREFOX|C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Moonchild Productions\Basilisk\Profiles\

into ccleaner.ini it will check and determine its firefox based, this feature seems to be added in ccleaner v2.28.1091, tested basilisk with v4.11 slim.

On 11/6/2018 at 12:45 AM, Alex654 said:

Oh, thanks, I didn't know about that. However, I figured out that version 28.1.0a1 works fine for me (I created a fresh profile for it), so this is really something wrong with the latest release, I think.

On 11/6/2018 at 12:57 AM, roytam1 said:

upstream breaks it (or not, since it is working fine here)

"Official" Basilisk builds (that run on Win 7 & up) released a new version yesterday, only 3 days after their previous release on Sunday. Looks like they fixed @Alex654's issue:

This is a bugfix release.

Fixed an issue that prevented the browser from starting properly on some systems after the most recent update.

So the fix will probably be in @roytam1's next set of builds too.

On 11/6/2018 at 2:38 AM, roytam1 said:

it shows a banner at the top, and network graph is not showing.

I don't know about the banner, but the network graph is rendered perfectly fine over here.

@roytam1 Do you have updated patches or a complete source tarball? Would you be opposed to uploading your PM28 source directory to a GitHub repo? PM27 is getting harder to use by the day. (I need to work out a crasher that appeared between 27 and 28 that also affects 52ESR and derivatives, it only seems to affect this one specific PC that I have)

19 minutes ago, rn10950 said:

@roytam1 Do you have updated patches or a complete source tarball? Would you be opposed to uploading your PM28 source directory to a GitHub repo? PM27 is getting harder to use by the day. (I need to work out a crasher that appeared between 27 and 28 that also affects 52ESR and derivatives, it only seems to affect this one specific PC that I have)

patch archive is updated recently, and should be patchable to latest MC UXP repo by extracting diff files into UXP folder, run git bash shell in UXP folder, and run following command:

for i in *.diff; do git apply --reject --whitespace=nowarn $i; done

Edited by roytam1

1 hour ago, roytam1 said:

patch archive is updated recently, and should be patchable to latest MC UXP repo by extracting diff files into UXP folder, run git bash shell in UXP folder, and run following command: 

for i in *.diff; do git apply --reject --whitespace=nowarn $i; done 

error: can't open patch '*.diff': Invalid argument

27 minutes ago, rn10950 said:

I just wasn't thinking straight, turns out I ran the command from UXP's parent folder. SMH.

However, there are a bunch of errors. https://dpaste.de/UFGQ

OK it turns out some of my patches doesn't up-to-date in archive.

you may run "git clean -fd" to clean up repo and re-extract new patches and re-apply them.

New build of basilisk/UXP for XP!

Test binary:
Win32 https://o.rths.cf/basilisk/basilisk52-g4.1.win32-git-20181110-f9e1e4639-xpmod.7z
Win64 https://o.rths.cf/basilisk/basilisk52-g4.1.win64-git-20181110-f9e1e4639-xpmod.7z

diff: https://o.rths.cf/basilisk/UXP-xp-gitdiff-20181110.7z

PM28XP build:
Win32 https://o.rths.cf/palemoon/palemoon-28.2.0a1.win32-git-20181110-f9e1e4639-xpmod.7z
Win64 https://o.rths.cf/palemoon/palemoon-28.2.0a1.win64-git-20181110-f9e1e4639-xpmod.7z

Official repo changes since my last build:
- [PALEMOON] Focus and select the first non-collapsed text element in the bookmark properties dialog (e9a58eae5)
- Merge pull request #862 from JustOff/PR_editBookmarkOverlay_focus (0750ec552)
- Clear STDINT_H defines in libvpx config before setting them for lib use. (7eae711fa)
- Make opportunistic encryption configurable. (4a188c7b9)
- Change captive portal detection URL to our own. (359c9e546)
- Swap default platform state for opportunistic encryption. (801382dd6)
- Add GUI control to Pale Moon for opportunistic encryption. (bb3f5cef3)
- Backout opportunistic encryption changes. (79487a1a0)
- #863 Part 1: Make sending of http upgrade-insecure-requests optional (512f78874)
- #863 part 2: Make opportunistic encryption opt-in for UXP (d29d1cc84)
- #863 Part 3: Add Pale Moon GUI options for Opportunistic Encryption. (a0a37ffd4)
- Back out problematic patch causing issue #865. (3c5a34c90)
- Update reported Firefox version in compatmode. (5c83a18cd)
- Remove AccumulateCipherSuite() (d5a1b34c0)
- Move MOZ_GAMEPAD* and NECKO_WIFI up (13ee68cbc)
- Revert "Move MOZ_GAMEPAD* and NECKO_WIFI up" (b84d9c12e)
- Improve handling of MOZ_GAMEPAD and NECKO_WIFI (ec5be3b4f)
- Enable gamepad support by default in Basilisk. (f9e1e4639)