My Browser Builds (Part 1)

25 minutes ago, Jody Thornton said:

Great!  Now Facebook Reactions have stopped working on New Moon.  How decent is version 28 for day to day use?

I have no issues with Basilisk 55, 4-14-18 or 6-16-18 versions.  That has been may daily browser of choice for some time but of course memory and resources may dictate something else for you.  I have 3GB in one machine and 8GB in the other and it seems fine for my use.  I have stuck with 32 bit since I want the best compatibility.  Are you using NoScript by chance?  If so check the permissions.  Good luck sorting your issues. 

I've just extracted the New Moon 28 x64 build over top of New Moon 27.9.  It works perfectly.  My only issues are that I run the FoxE9 extension (which mimics the appearance of IE 9 - really cool), but the tabs are thick and large.  But hey, I'll deal. Everything else works great!

:)

7 hours ago, MaterSystem said:

idmcc support "pea moon 25". Which extensions can replace idmcc in "new moon"?

if you're using palemoon25, it is better go with pm26 first, then nm27.

9 hours ago, Jody Thornton said:

Great!  Now Facebook Reactions have stopped working on New Moon.  How decent is version 28 for day to day use?

yeah fb reactions are not working in nm27. fx45esr and bk and nm28 are working.

12 hours ago, roytam1 said:

if you're using palemoon25, it is better go with pm26 first, then nm27.

I am using New Moon 28

Reason: Some site features do not work on Pale Moon 25, 26

Idmcc does not support Pale Moon 26 or late (WebExtension). So, I'm looking for a replacement for idmcc for New Moon

These NewMoon (Basilisk) tweaks (about:config) were recommended by others to me.

gfx.canvas.azure.backends ... direct2d1.1,direct2d,cairo
gfx.content.azure.backends ... direct2d1.1,cairo

canvas.poisondata ... true

On the FONT situation ('backends'), one can always RESET them to the DEFAULT. Hope this helps.

As added observation, the NM28 Browser has an improved JAVASCRIPT engine in it. I noticed that a couple HTML situations that FAILED under NM27 are now rendering correctly under NM28. A still better JAVASCRIPT engine would be in say the BASILISK 55 Browser.

Edited by TechnoRelic

9 hours ago, MaterSystem said:

I am using New Moon 28
Idmcc does not support Pale Moon 26 or late (WebExtension).
So, I'm looking for a replacement for idmcc for New Moon

Hi :)

I'm not an IDM user/customer; however, a bit of searching has led me to:

https://getidmcc.com/

The green button labelled "Install for Firefox 52 and older" links to an XUL extension,
IDM integration v6.27.3; on the site it says "Compatible with Firefox versions 49, 50, 51 and 52",
but the install.rdf file says

minVersion 27.0a1
maxVersion 52.*

You can try installing that on latest New Moon 28.0.0.0a4, provided by Roy ;); if it doesn't properly work,
then you'll have better chance installing and trying it on latest Basilisk (Serpent) 52.9.0/UXP.

The Webextension version of the extension, green button "Install for Firefox 53 and newer" => IDM Integration Module v6.30.9.1, requires Fx 53.0a1+, so it might  work on latest Basilisk (Serpent) 55.0.0/Moebius (which is a reforked Fx 53.0+ under the hood...); however, that browser has been deprecated by its developers and builds kindly offered by Roy, in an infrequent fashion, are mainly used for third-library tests...

Hope I've helped...

Note to site admins:
The Forum Software wouldn't let me post/edit, if I included the install.rdf file extract
inside XML code tags :realmad:; possibly related to yesterday's outage?

Edited by VistaLover
Major re-formatting

2 hours ago, VistaLover said:

Hi :)

I'm not an IDM user/customer; however, a bit of searching has led me to:

https://getidmcc.com/

The green button labelled "Install for Firefox 52 and older" links to an XUL extension,
IDM integration v6.27.3; on the site it says "Compatible with Firefox versions 49, 50, 51 and 52",
but the install.rdf file says

minVersion 27.0a1
maxVersion 52.*

You can try installing that on latest New Moon 28.0.0.0a4, provided by Roy ;); if it doesn't properly work,
then you'll have better chance installing and trying it on latest Basilisk (Serpent) 52.9.0/UXP.

The Webextension version of the extension, green button "Install for Firefox 53 and newer" => IDM Integration Module v6.30.9.1, requires Fx 53.0a1+, so it might  work on latest Basilisk (Serpent) 55.0.0/Moebius (which is a reforked Fx 53.0+ under the hood...); however, that browser has been deprecated by its developers and builds kindly offered by Roy, in an infrequent fashion, are mainly used for third-library tests...

Hope I've helped...

Note to site admins:
The Forum Software wouldn't let me post/edit, if I included the install.rdf file extract
inside XML code tags :realmad:; possibly related to yesterday's outage?

for bk55 build, I'm now trying to catch up esr52 sec fixes and incorporating them to it, now up to timestamp "2017-12-18 19:39 -0500" at mozilla-esr52. and commit logs since April are here: https://github.com/roytam1/basilisk55/compare/ee7cd5f958fc2289999acb68b15a05df1cd60b9e...HEAD

Edited by roytam1

@VistaLover

I do not use Basilisk but want to use New Moon (Pale Moon)

idmmzcc2.xpi (pack .zip) no version compatible with New Moon 28

Hope in the near future, new version idmccz2 are compatible with New Moon 28

Or alternative solution for "idmcc" on New Moon 28

Edited by MaterSystem

@MaterSystem wrote:

> idmmzcc2.xpi (pack .zip) no version compatible with New Moon 28

... Have you actually tried the link I pointed you at?

https://getidmcc.com/#howto

This is a legacy (XUL) addon that should install in PM28, it has installed without issues on NM 27.9.1a1 (32-bit) [buildID=20180615115719]; but I don't have actual IDM installed on this machine , so can't verify the extension works as intended... :(

> Hope in the near future, new version idmccz2 are compatible with New Moon 28
> Or alternative solution for "idmcc" on New Moon 28

As I see it, IDM being a proprietary payware,  they are/will be only developing/supporting extensions for just the few big browser brands, namely current versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox (Quantum) and Edge/IE; none of these currently supports the legacy XUL extension model supported by Pale Moon 27/28; and I think, once Fx ESR 52.9.x goes EOL in a few months, even the legacy IDMcc extension will be removed from the page linked... :} So, don't hold your breath for an official solution covering New Moon 28...

> I do not use Basilisk but want to use New Moon (Pale Moon)

... I understand, but the gist of your post was about a working implementation of IDMcc in a modern browser supported by your Windows XP OS; both Basilisk52 and PaleMoon28 are built on the same platform (UXP), however Basilisk has some support (Bk55 > Bk 52.9.0) for webextensions, whereas Palemoon will never have; hence my suggestion to try the WE version of IDMcc on Bk55...

If your hardware (CPU+RAM) supports it, I urge you to try latest Bk 52.9.0 instead of NM28; it's more feature-rich and more mature, while PM 28.0.0.0a4 is, in its developers' words, still in alpha state...

Best regards :)

@VistaLover

Inactive, although installed. It only works with New Moon (Pea Moon) version 27. New Moon 28 can work well on a site that New Moon 27 inoperable

I do not require the installation of IDMCC, but there may be an alternative to IDMCC in New Moon 28. Another extension or function equivalent to IDMCC

idmmzcc.xpi - not work

1182998271_idmmzcc.xpi-MewMoon28-notwork.thumb.png.8758cacd1e1339f0ebf052b33cd63b9f.png

idmmzcc2.xpi - not work

665248176_idmmzcc2.xpi-MewMoon28-notwork.thumb.png.04c84765ee872e9973439a64e1dbe419.png