Palemoon Crash

burd

Ok , So I've Been Having This Error , Whenever using Palemoon , It will Crash On Any Random Page , While Surfing Pointing The Error to nvwgf2umx.dll , This Dll Points to An Nvidia File , What I Want to Know Is, Is Everyone Getting Such A Crash? I Remember @2008WindowsVista Uses The Same Driver , I Wonder If His Crashes Aswell and A Solution On How To Fix It will Be Appreciated. :)

My Specs
Windows Vista SP2 Business (Fully Updated)
NVIDIA GTX 1060(6GB)
Intel Core i7 6700HQ
Nvidia Driver Version 372.70

I have no issues running the latest version of Pale Moon under my Vista installation. I personally use the x86 version of the browser, however, since I've found it to work better overall (even on non-Vista OSes). If you use the x64 version, that may be your problem. If not, then I don't really know what to tell you as I use the same drivers as well and don't experience those crashes/DLL errors.

1 hour ago, 2008WindowsVista said:

I have no issues running the latest version of Pale Moon under my Vista installation. I personally use the x86 version of the browser, however, since I've found it to work better overall (even on non-Vista OSes). If you use the x64 version, that may be your problem. If not, then I don't really know what to tell you as I use the same drivers as well and don't experience those crashes/DLL errors.

Yes i do use the 64bit, also the dll crash isnt only limited to palemoon it seems though there are no crashes on opera/chrome/firefox

Only IE9(64bit) and Palemoon(64) Crash, You Might think its a 64bit issue but when i use firefox 52.4/Opera 37 64bit or Chrome 50 there are no such crashes, so i wonder what it is.

9 minutes ago, burd said:

Yes i do use the 64bit, also the dll crash isnt only limited to palemoon it seems though there are no crashes on opera/chrome/firefox

Only IE9(64bit) and Palemoon(64) Crash, You Might think its a 64bit issue but when i use firefox 52.4/Opera 37 64bit or Chrome 50 there are no such crashes, so i wonder what it is.

You might try reinstalling your display drivers, since the crashes are related to NVIDIA DLLs. Use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to uninstall them, and then reinstall them and see if the problem still persists. If that doesn't fix the issue, you might need to reinstall Windows Vista (I hate suggesting that but sometimes that's what it comes down to).

1 minute ago, 2008WindowsVista said:

You might try reinstalling your display drivers, since the crashes are related to NVIDIA DLLs. Use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to uninstall them, and then reinstall them and see if the problem still persists. If that doesn't fix the issue, you might need to reinstall Windows Vista (I hate suggesting that but sometimes that's what it comes down to).

done both many times and it still shows up,i have a temporary fix to copy my windows 7 driver and put it in vista and it all works fine then,but i wanted to know why this happens in all the drivers of vista?

This time i was curious to know why it keeps happening so i posted here hoping to find some knowledge :)

Edited by burd

On 10/4/2017 at 7:32 AM, 2008WindowsVista said:

Reinstalled Vista, Same issue allover again. :( 

• 8 months later...

vista support in palemoon is limited as admitted by the creator

*Our support for Windows Vista is limited. Please consider upgrading your O.S. if you are having trouble with the browser.

maybe palemoon v28 may drop vista support

16 hours ago, erpdude8 said:

maybe palemoon v28 may drop vista support

... not "may" :angry: ; Pale Moon 28 (currently at version 28.0.0a4) is built on the UXP platform, which by design does not support NT < 6.1 (i.e. minimum OS version required is Win7); as such, official Pale Moon 28 builds don't/won't run on Vista; the official Pale Moon unstable channel has switched, for some weeks now, to v28, incompatible with Vista...

For historical purposes, the last Pale Moon unstable build to run on Vista was
PaleMoon_unstable-27.9.1a1-git-20180503-g57f668c.en-US.win32, buildID=20180503064227
(I have kept a zipped copy...)

If you are an unstable-channel user on VIsta, you are cautioned not to update any further
(the update server doesn't check your current OS, so you'll end up with a non-running 28.0.0a4 update),
but you are advised to switch to the stable channel, currently at v27.9.3;
this will continue to receive mostly security (plus selected performance) updates
for some more weeks, though a definite EOL date hasn't been yet announced...

Vista users can try the New Moon (fork/rebrand) 28.0.0a4 builds by roytam1, to be found
in the eponymous Windows XP forum thread...

Edited by VistaLover

• 1 month later...

Palemoon 28 officially released a few days ago.

yup, official PM 28 does not support Vista - oh well :P

https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19988

https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19937

https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19524&start=20

On 6/23/2018 at 2:51 PM, VistaLover said:

... not "may" :angry: ; Pale Moon 28 (currently at version 28.0.0a4) is built on the UXP platform, which by design does not support NT < 6.1 (i.e. minimum OS version required is Win7); as such, official Pale Moon 28 builds don't/won't run on Vista; the official Pale Moon unstable channel has switched, for some weeks now, to v28, incompatible with Vista...

{reaction} --- wait for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QRZMISgDJ0

:buehehe:

Edited by erpdude8