Which Antiviruses are Known for a Fact to be Working on XP SP3 as of 2019?

spacequakes

20 hours ago, VistaLover said:

I guess the same one @mina7601 encountered :) ...

:yes:

20 hours ago, VistaLover said:

hopefully we'll soon hear results from mina7601 (many thanks BTW :thumbup ) ...

Yes, I will test it soon. You're welcome BTW.

Edited by mina7601

2 hours ago, mina7601 said:

OK, so I attempted an installation of Kaspersky Antivirus Free [2019] on my Vista SP2 VM.

The program installed successfully and also runs normally.

Bravo! :cheerleader:

I still wonder why @winvispixp encountered trouble installing the previous version on a VM in 2021 (possibly related to extended kernel?).  I trust you are able to get current definitions?

4 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

I still wonder why @winvispixp encountered trouble installing the previous version on a VM in 2021 (possibly related to extended kernel?).

I used (and still use) the 2018 version (18.0.0.405 i think)on my vista machine. Maybe the 2019 one just works? 

Edited by winvispixp

7 hours ago, mina7601 said:

OK, so I attempted an installation of Kaspersky Antivirus Free on my Vista SP2 VM.

The program installed successfully and also runs normally.

could you share the installer, please? 

4 hours ago, winvispixp said:

could you share the installer, please? 

I provided the download link of my cleaned and re-repacked version of KFA 19 in this post for all who are interested:

Cheers, AstroSkipper captain.gif

Here is a little advice for testing software, and especially an anti-malware program! Just checking that a program can be installed and appears to run without errors at first glance has nothing to do with testing software. And presenting results in a short sentence even less!

11 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

I trust you are able to get current definitions?

Justified question! :yes: And the fact that you have to ask this question at all is rather embarrassing. :blushing: And I could go on and on. When testing an antivirus or anti-malware program, a few test results should be mentioned. Does the program itself still receive updates? Can it download the latest virus definitions? Are all the basic features like real-time protection, manual scanning, setting exceptions, changing program settings and so on still functional? Just one sentence cannot answer such questions, though. One sentence is informationless and rather meaningless. One has to put some effort into it, even if one might otherwise never write more than a few words. smilie_denk_24.gif

Kind regards, AstroSkipper ecrire-ordi.gif

On 5/13/2023 at 2:36 AM, AstroSkipper said:

I provided the download link of my cleaned and re-repacked version of KFA 19 in this post for all who are interested:

Cheers, AstroSkipper captain.gif

This repack will not install on Windows XP 32-bit due to critical missing files: corebasesx86.cab and instx86.z - however, these files are still available on the Kaspersky servers. Once these files are placed next to startup.exe, then it will install on XP x86.

http://dm.kaspersky-labs.com/bases/kavkis2019/KIS/corebasesx86.cab
http://dm.kaspersky-labs.com/bases/kavkis2019/KIS/instx86.z

I know this is untested, but unfortunately I am having other issues with Kaspersky 19 on XP. Database updates do work (and the standalone Kaspersky Update Utility can also be used), but it doesn't seem possible to activate. That means you are stuck with manual scanning, no realtime components. With ProxHTTPSProxy I get an Untrusted server certificate error, with seemingly no way to add a trusted certificate on this version of Kaspersky Free. Without ProxHTTPSProxy I get an SSL error. Also, the My Kasperky login seems non-functional.

Edited by Snowshoe

3 minutes ago, Snowshoe said:

Also, the My Kasperky login seems non-functional.

If the login is necessary for activation of KFA, then you will probably stuck without any further features like for example real-time protection. In terms of Bitdefender, the same problem occurs. No login possible, no activation. Fortunately, I am not particularly interested in these programs. And one thing is clear: Kaspersky has removed all resources relating to KFA 19. So I am not at all surprised that it is no longer possible to log into the My Kaspersky account. smilie_denk_24.gif

33 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

If the login is necessary for activation of KFA, then you will probably stuck without any further features like for example real-time protection. In terms of Bitdefender, the same problem occurs. No login possible, no activation. Fortunately, I am not particularly interested in these programs. And one thing is clear: Kaspersky has removed all resources relating to KFA 19. So I am not at all surprised that it is no longer possible to log into the My Kaspersky account. smilie_denk_24.gif

Unactivated Kaspersky 19 also locks database updates after a day or so, effectively making it useless outside a one-time device scan. I'll probably try Panda Dome or Malwarebytes instead.

35 minutes ago, Snowshoe said:

I'll probably try Panda Dome or Malwarebytes instead.

Yep, you can have a look in my new thread where I've started a current list of working antimalware programs with all necessary links and information which is maintained and extended continously by me.

Kind regards, AstroSkipper firewall.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

2 hours ago, Snowshoe said:

This repack will not install on Windows XP 32-bit due to critical missing files: corebasesx86.cab and instx86.z - however, these files are still available on the Kaspersky servers. Once these files are placed next to startup.exe, then it will install on XP x86.

http://dm.kaspersky-labs.com/bases/kavkis2019/KIS/corebasesx86.cab
http://dm.kaspersky-labs.com/bases/kavkis2019/KIS/instx86.z

Wow, you attempted the installation before me. Anyway, thanks for the information, and for attempting the installation.