Which Antiviruses are Known for a Fact to be Working on XP SP3 as of 2019?

spacequakes

2 hours ago, legacyfan said:

as well as malwarebytes anti-malware for windows xp https://archive.org/details/malwarebytes_for_win_xp#ia-carousel (you have to download it from archive.org now as the original download is gone and I can't find the original page for it)

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

Here is the original, still working download link of Malwarebytes Premium for Windows 3.5.1.2522: https://data-cdn.mbamupdates.com/web/mb3-setup-legacy/mb3-setup-legacywos-3.5.1.2522-1.0.365-1.0.5292.exe 
Malwarebytes Premium for Windows 3.5.1.2522 is the last XP-compatible version but I had problems to install it in my system as many others too. :angry: This is a pity as I have a lifetime premium license. exaggpoing.gif Have a look into Malwarebytes's forum and you will see! grattermenton.gif Even their support could not help me in the end! nimportequoi.gif

43 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

I had these problems at that time when Avast was my antivirus program under Windows XP. As you know, I already uninstalled it, deleted all remnants of Avast and cleaned my system partition completely. Maybe, I'll give Malwarebytes Premium for Windows 3.5.1.2522 another try one day. :dubbio:

BTW, all about Malwarebytes was already discussed in this thread, too. More than once! For example here:

Cheers, AstroSkipper :)

5 hours ago, Dave-H said:

I've been using Malwarebytes Premium on XP for several years now. It's not free, but it just works.
Strange how people have very different experiences with these programs on their systems.
I never had any problem installing MB Premium on either of my XP systems, but my main desktop absolutely refused to work with Avast or AVG!
They would install fine, but the main service refused to start, and I never found out why this was.
I too spent ages on their forums and with their technical support, and apart for the vague 'some people do have this problem on XP' no answer was ever found.
:)

I used Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.2.1.1043 for a long time instead of Malwarebytes Premium for Windows 3.5.1.2522. It worked without any problems but as we all know this version has not received definition updates for a long time now. nimportequoi.gif That's why I uninstalled completely months ago. jexplique.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

6 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Here is the download link of the online installer which automatically downloads Panda Dome 22.00.00 offline installer with the size of 3,142,712 bytes here in Germany: https://repository.pandasecurity.com/Panda/FREEAV/193309/PANDAFREEAV.exe

Ok, so I tried again using that download link, and it still downloads Panda Dome 21.01.00 to me. Here is a picture:

d-HRSRq-An-G9.jpg

1 minute ago, mina7601 said:

Ok, so I tried again using that download link, and it still downloads Panda Dome 21.01.00 to me. Here is a picture:

d-HRSRq-An-G9.jpg

it could be there installers are just set up wrong as well (or just a mix up at the headquarters)

59 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

d-HRSRq-An-G9.jpg

When I used this online installer last month, it downloaded an offline installer which ended in the version 22.00.00. Due to the forum rules, I am not allowed to provide a download link of my installer. But using Google leads very easy  to an offline installer of 22.00.00. Maybe, Panda don't offer it anymore officially or only in Germany. I don't know. Use Google, enter "freeav.exe"22.00.00 and the second entry looks promising! :P I love crocodiles. :rolleyes:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

3 hours ago, bluebolt said:

BitDefender 1.0.21.1109 still works fine on XP.

spacer.png

The online installer Antivirus_Free_Edition_x86.exe for version 1.0.21.1109 doesn't work anymore. And there is no offline installer. So, no installation of this version in Windows XP possible anymore. :no: Unless you still have the original installation files which were downloaded by the online installer during installation. :dubbio: But presumably, that won't help either. nimportequoi.gif I think the installer has to download the necessary files itself to continue and finish the installation.

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

When I used this online installer last month, it downloaded an offline installer which ended in the version 22.00.00. Due to the forum rules, I am not allowed to provide a download link of my installer. But using Google leads very easy  to an offline installer of 22.00.00. Maybe, Panda don't offer it anymore officially or only in Germany. I don't know. Use Google, enter "freeav.exe"22.00.00 and the second entry looks promising! :P I love crocodiles. :rolleyes:

Well, you're right, I guess I will just use the offline installer then.

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

The online installer Antivirus_Free_Edition_x86.exe for version 1.0.21.1109 doesn't work anymore. And there is no offline installer. So, no installation of this version in Windows XP possible anymore. :no:

Yes, there is a full (offline) installer for BitDefender 1.0.21.1109, and it still works fine.

2 hours ago, bluebolt said:

Yes, there is a full (offline) installer for BitDefender 1.0.21.1109, and it still works fine.

I didn't find any offline installer. Any link to a working, full offline installer? The name, size or date of this installer would be helpful, too. :yes:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

19 hours ago, mina7601 said:

Unfortunately, Panda Dome didn't satisfy me as expected

And what exactly did you expect ? How many viruses you had at the same time ? It didn't catch them all ?