Which Antiviruses are Known for a Fact to be Working on XP SP3 as of 2019?

spacequakes

5 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

WiseVector StopX has stopped updating (streaming and program updates) and seems to be abandoned as a personal version (for free). Here is the link to a post from WiseVector in the thread "WiseVector Free AI Driven Security" on MalwareTips: https://malwaretips.com/threads/wisevector-free-ai-driven-security.87965/post-1024875 :( 
I think that's it for WiseVector StopX. Anyway! A bit hope is still there, and we all know hope dies last. albert.gif

3 hours ago, genieautravail said:
On 2/4/2023 at 4:36 AM, Vistapocalypse said:

Does WiseVector StopX require SSE2?

Yes, WiseVector StopX require SSE2 (tested on a computer with a Duron 1,6 Ghz last year).

Regards

I think whether WiseVector StopX requires SSE2 or not is no longer important. It has been abandoned by the developers. Their interests now seem to be focused on an enterprise version to make money. smilie-winke-055.gif argent1.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

Since I don't know whether the guys (and girls?) from WiseVector have finally given up on their WiseVector StopX program or not, I have first completely deactivated it in my system, i.e. deactivated autostart of the program and its system service. Perhaps, they will reconsider their decision. After a deep research, I decided to give Panda Dome 22.00.00 a chance. This version is the most recent and fully compatible with Windows XP. :cheerleader: Here are two screenshots of Panda Dome:

Panda-Dome.png

Panda-Dome-2.png

So far, I am quite enthusiastic. The system load of Panda Dome is very low (lower than it was with WiseVector StopX), and the detection rate is supposed to be very good according to my research. :thumbup I will keep you updated.

Cheers, AstroSkipper firewall.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.6 MP10 gets virus definitions daily in the rapid release channel https://www.broadcom.com/support/security-center/definitions/download/detail?gid=rr

Search for:
*15-v5i32.exe
*15-v5i64.exe 

Supports the following versions of Symantec antivirus software
Norton AntiVirus / Norton Internet Security (later than 2012)
Norton AntiVirus / Norton Internet Security 2008/2009/2010/2011/2012
Norton 360 (later than 6.0)
Norton 360 version 2.0/3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Symantec Protection Engine 7.x for Windows
Symantec Mail Security for Domino (32-bit) v 8.1.3 (or higher)
Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange v 7.5.2 (or higher)

but i dont like the performance hit in windows 7 and 8.1

Edited by upadi
the link was incorrect

On 2/23/2023 at 7:20 AM, AstroSkipper said:

Since I don't know whether the guys (and girls?) from WiseVector have finally given up on their WiseVector StopX program or not, I have first completely deactivated it in my system, i.e. deactivated autostart of the program and its system service. Perhaps, they will reconsider their decision. After a deep research, I decided to give Panda Dome 22.00.00 a chance. This version is the most recent and fully compatible with Windows XP. :cheerleader: Here are two screenshots of Panda Dome:

Panda-Dome.png

Panda-Dome-2.png

So far, I am quite enthusiastic. The system load of Panda Dome is very low (lower than it was with WiseVector StopX), and the detection rate is supposed to be very good according to my research. :thumbup I will keep you updated.

Cheers, AstroSkipper firewall.gif

ive used panda dome before and it's worked really well for me!

1 hour ago, upadi said:

Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.6 MP10 gets virus definitions daily in the rapid release channel https://www.broadcom.com/support/security-center/definitions/download/detail?gid=rr

Search for:
*15-v5i32.exe
*15-v5i64.exe 

Supports the following versions of Symantec antivirus software
Norton AntiVirus / Norton Internet Security (later than 2012)
Norton AntiVirus / Norton Internet Security 2008/2009/2010/2011/2012
Norton 360 (later than 6.0)
Norton 360 version 2.0/3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Symantec Protection Engine 7.x for Windows
Symantec Mail Security for Domino (32-bit) v 8.1.3 (or higher)
Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange v 7.5.2 (or higher)

but i dont like the performance hit in windows 7 and 8.1

Every security software which still works under Windows XP is worth to mention. Truth be told, I am not a fan of Norton (Symantec) security solutions anymore. Just too restrictive, deletes things without permission, heavy load on the system, more of a disempowerment of the user. smilie_denk_24.gif

While researching for an antivirus program which still works under Windows XP, I came across an interesting offline virus scanner that is still fully XP-compatible. The program is called MWAV - eScan Antivirus Toolkit. It is free for private and home use. MWAV provides the ability to scan for any virus, spyware, adware or other dangerous software on your computer. MWAV requires no installation and can be run directly from your computer, on whatever media. It can also run when other antivirus software is installed on your computer. The database is continuously updated to detect new spyware and adware, and the scanning engine is constantly improved for faster and smarter detection. :thumbup Their homepage is in German. Use a translator if German is not your native language. Here is the link:
https://www.escanav.de/german/content/products/MWAV/escan_mwav.asp a080.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

Here are two screenshots of MWAV - eScan Antivirus Toolkit, one of the program's main window, the other of the updater, both taken from my installation:

MWAV-e-Scan-Antivirus-Toolkit.png

MWAV-e-Scan-Antivirus-Toolkit-2.png

The installer file is about 300 MB in size. To install MWAV on the computer, I recommend extracting the installer manually to the target directory and calling the executable file mexe.com or MWAVL.exe there. Reason: If the installer is called directly, all files are extracted to the system's temporary folder. For me, this is not an option. The program is compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7/8 and 2008, comes from Germany and is currently available in version 22.0.52 (DB). Don't worry, the program's interface is in English if this is your system language!
Getting a second opinion in case of doubt or checking the system quickly, offline, is a good idea in any case. I have therefore integrated it into my system. d010.gif

Kind regards, AstroSkipper ordi09.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

9 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Their homepage is in German.

... But they didn't bother updating the copyright dates :P ...

https://www.escanav.de/german/index-new.asp

=> Copyright © 2020 MicroWorld Technologies Inc. - Anti-Virus und Content Security

https://www.escanav.de/german/content/products/MWAV/escan_mwav.asp

=> Copyright © 2021 MicroWorld Technologies GmbH - Unternehmenssicherheit

They do support Vista/WS2008, so :thumbup ; I'm rather curious, though, why Win8.1/10/11 aren't mentioned/supported?

14 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

They do support Vista/WS2008, so :thumbup ; I'm rather curious, though, why Win8.1/10/11 aren't mentioned/supported?

Maybe, the most recent version also works under Win 8.1+, and they simply forgot to update their homepage. I can only say that this tool works as advertised and does its job. Not so easy to find XP/Vista-compatible antivirus tools nowadays. :no:

Edited by AstroSkipper

On 3/1/2023 at 1:23 PM, AstroSkipper said:

Here are two screenshots of MWAV - eScan Antivirus Toolkit, one of the program's main window, the other of the updater, both taken from my installation:

MWAV-e-Scan-Antivirus-Toolkit.png

MWAV-e-Scan-Antivirus-Toolkit-2.png

The installer file is about 300 MB in size. To install MWAV on the computer, I recommend extracting the installer manually to the target directory and calling the executable file mexe.com or MWAVL.exe there. Reason: If the installer is called directly, all files are extracted to the system's temporary folder. For me, this is not an option. The program is compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7/8 and 2008, comes from Germany and is currently available in version 22.0.52 (DB). Don't worry, the program's interface is in English if this is your system language!
Getting a second opinion in case of doubt or checking the system quickly, offline, is a good idea in any case. I have therefore integrated it into my system. d010.gif

Kind regards, AstroSkipper ordi09.gif

BTW, there is additionally the possibility to update MWAV - eScan Antivirus Toolkit offline. On their homepage, an weekly offline updater can be downloaded. To update offline an offline AV scanner is a bit funny, but in any case simply great. Here is the link:
https://www.escanav.de/german/content/products/generic_eScan/escan_mailscan_weeklyupdates.asp 

Cheers, AstroSkipper captain.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

9 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

BTW, there is additionally the possibility to update MWAV - eScan Antivirus Toolkit offline. On their homepage, an weekly offline updater can be downloaded. To update offline an offline AV scanner is a bit funny, but in any case simply great. Here is the link:
https://www.escanav.de/german/content/products/generic_eScan/escan_mailscan_weeklyupdates.asp 

Cheers, AstroSkipper captain.gif

Thanks for this great find @AstroSkipper. Works good in Windows 8.0

4 minutes ago, upadi said:

Thanks for this great find @AstroSkipper. Works good in Windows 8.0

I'm glad you like this tool! For Windows 8, there is of course a larger selection of compatible AV programs. Unfortunately, the situation is totally different for Windows XP (and Vista). smilie_denk_24.gif

On 11/6/2022 at 4:10 PM, AstroSkipper said:

Until now, I have always used products from Avast! and was also satisfied.
On my old computer, which is low on resources and performance, I actually had Avast! Premier installed on my Windows XP partition and had been using it for many years.
Furthermore, again and again, almost periodically, the Avast! service caused a very high and prolonged CPU load.

I suspect the cause is your weak hardware not AVAST itself because I can't reproduce that feel here

my only concern with AVAST are the remote telemetry connections and I don't know what actual data is being transferred over to AVAST servers.

I tried to block their servers IP with the systems32/ hosts file but they get deleted as soon as I close the file... it's AVAST that found out a way to perform this trap of course