Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Windows 2000

Nvidia Pascal Graphics Card Issue

Don't go off-topic guys. Create a separate topic for AMD-ish issues.

On 9/14/2017 at 7:20 PM, burd said:

I don't have lots of options here as the Nvidia GTX 1050Ti isn't supported by neither of those drivers, so the only way to get around it is to mod the .inf file by adding the hardware IDs, which only works on 372.70.

Absolutely no other driver has either enabled aero or had any type of 3d acceleration.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Windows 2000 said:

Don't go off-topic guys. Create a separate topic for AMD-ish issues.

I don't have lots of options here as the Nvidia GTX 1050Ti isn't supported by neither of those drivers, so the only way to get around it is to mod the .inf file by adding the hardware IDs, which only works on 372.70.

Absolutely no other driver has either enabled aero or had any type of 3d acceleration.

yea 1000 series pascal cards have very limited support for Vista and XP unfortunately :(

• Upvote 1

I tried the 372.70 version on the Windows Vista Enterprise SP2 x64 with Platform Update (KB971512), Platform Update Supplement (KB2117917) and Windows Driver Framework 1.11 (KB2761494). I have MSI GTX 1050 Ti 4GT OC and Vista plays 4K videos very smoothly with patched 372.70 driver. But when i tried to play GTA San Andreas it looks like very bad. I get only 5-10 FPS on the GTA San Andreas. I know this driver doesn't supports DirectX apps with GTX 1xxx series on Windows Vista. Is there a way to patch this issue or anybody tried to patch this issue?

On 3/31/2019 at 3:32 PM, Osman Kovan said:

I tried the 372.70 version on the Windows Vista Enterprise SP2 x64 with Platform Update (KB971512), Platform Update Supplement (KB2117917) and Windows Driver Framework 1.11 (KB2761494). I have MSI GTX 1050 Ti 4GT OC and Vista plays 4K videos very smoothly with patched 372.70 driver. But when i tried to play GTA San Andreas it looks like very bad. I get only 5-10 FPS on the GTA San Andreas. I know this driver doesn't supports DirectX apps with GTX 1xxx series on Windows Vista. Is there a way to patch this issue or anybody tried to patch this issue?

I had exactly the same issues in my testings with 1050Ti on Vista. Unfortunately, I was not able to get it to work. Only OpenGL games ran fine. For any DirectX ones, you'd be better of playing with a toaster.

After all, I ended up getting an GTX 970 and I am on XP now. Everything works flawlessly.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2019 at 6:02 PM, Osman Kovan said:

its not an official driver for vista , it just works somehow, i tried all drivers from 367 onwards , none of them gave good results  , opengl games like doom (2016) worked pretty good although, many programs wont even work properly as its unable to utilise the driver properly

Posted (edited)
On 4/5/2019 at 1:16 AM, burd said:

its not an official driver for vista , it just works somehow, i tried all drivers from 367 onwards , none of them gave good results  , opengl games like doom (2016) worked pretty good although, many programs wont even work properly as its unable to utilise the driver properly

It is such a pity to be honest. I doubt it would take lots of resources to make a Windows 7 driver available to Vista from Nvidia, considering how similar those OSes actually are.

Edited by Windows 2000
  • Like 1

Come to think of it, if OpenGL applications are fully accelerated whilst DirectX ones aren't with 372.70, maybe we can workaround by using WineD3D for DirectX apps. It's sloppy but it's better than nothing :/

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, IntMD said:

Come to think of it, if OpenGL applications are fully accelerated whilst DirectX ones aren't with 372.70, maybe we can workaround by using WineD3D for DirectX apps. It's sloppy but it's better than nothing :/

Hmm , maybe , it might be a possibility

• Like 1

On 4/5/2019 at 1:16 AM, burd said:

Yup, I know. Vista driver support ended at 365.19. And this driver maximum supports GTX Titan Z.