Nvidia Pascal Graphics Card Issue

Windows 2000

On 9/11/2017 at 0:00 AM, burd said:

ill try dolphin and post a screenshot when i get a bit free in around 1-2days lets see how it performs compared to your 750GTX Ti

Btw which spongebob game is that?

It's SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom, released for the GameCube, PS2, and Original Xbox. Not veering too far off topic, the game was released in 2003 (I would've been 11 years old at the time), so I enjoyed playing it when I was a kid, and now it makes a very entertaining speedrun (which I'm learning to do now). In my opinion, it's a pretty solid platformer and does a great job at adapting the SpongeBob brand to a game, especially for a licensed game.

On 9/11/2017 at 4:09 AM, Windows 2000 said:

@2008WindowsVista When I saw the screenshot with that Dolphin and Sponge Bob thingy, I just couldn't hold myself but try it.

Surprisingly enough, everything was buttery smooth at 4K 60FPS (including cutscenes, which seemed more demanding than the game itself) and the GPU was working wonderfully, including the fan.

New_Bitmap_Image.png

I just wish I could say the same for heavier 3D applications. Less than 10FPS with constant 100% GPU load, but surprisingly the GPU stays under 40C, which is a proof that heavier 3D applications can't use the GPU properly. (The screenshots below are on two completely different games from 2011-2012.)

New_Bitmap_Image.png

New_Bitmap_Image_2.png

It's a shame that you're having issues... Maybe you could just use Windows 7 for heavier gaming, and use Vista for everything else? I suppose that would be more desirable than downgrading your hardware to a GTX 900 series card.
I wonder why these drivers don't utilize 3D applications properly. Have you tried the same drivers in Windows 7? I would do so and see if things perform similar or the same as they do in Vista.

BTW: If you're interested in further exploring Battle for Bikini Bottom, here's a little tip. To remove those red triangles, use these settings instead: http://prntscr.com/gkfkdj   http://prntscr.com/gkfklb

Also, to get a more HD-effect and to improve the game's lighting, give the DolphinFX Post-Processing Effect plugin a try: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-dolphinfx-post-processing-suite-for-the-opengl-backend

8 hours ago, burd said:

EVGA released a 372.70 Driver for Vista maybe that might work a bit,but i cant be sure.(atleast its official by EVGA)

That's the only driver that works for me.

@2008WindowsVista Well, I might try Windows 7's driver, but I do not have any hope in getting it to work, as it is one of the later 380 versions.

4 hours ago, Windows 2000 said:

That's the only driver that works for me.

@2008WindowsVista Well, I might try Windows 7's driver, but I do not have any hope in getting it to work, as it is one of the later 380 versions.

the EVGA one is different and the softpedia one is different,which one youre using?(both have same version)

EDIT: EVGA MAX Provides 368.81 while Softpedia gives 372.70,how about we test the EVGA one?

Edited by burd

2 hours ago, burd said:

the EVGA one is different and the softpedia one is different,which one youre using?(both have same version)

EDIT: EVGA MAX Provides 368.81 while Softpedia gives 372.70,how about we test the EVGA one?

I didn't know that.. I might try EVGA's one.

I'm using Softpedia's one.

UPDATE: Don't even bother with EVGA's driver. It is not going to work.

Edited by Windows 2000

19 minutes ago, Windows 2000 said:

I didn't know that.. I might try EVGA's one.

I'm using Softpedia's one.

UPDATE: Don't even bother with EVGA's driver. It is not going to work.

EVGA's works actually i remember using it a long time back or maybe im mistaken,anyways im using a 372.70 driver which i had scavenged off the net,its an official one though i dont remember from which brand

I think you had to manually edit the inf files for it to work

Edited by burd

Don't know if it can help, but I managed to run a Radeon R5 off a A8-6410 on Vista by editing Win7 INF files. It all worked fine on 2D and 3D, software and hardware renders. Maybe, modding official Win7 drivers may work fine on Vista's WDDM kernel.

26 minutes ago, zago27 said:

Don't know if it can help, but I managed to run a Radeon R5 off a A8-6410 on Vista by editing Win7 INF files. It all worked fine on 2D and 3D, software and hardware renders. Maybe, modding official Win7 drivers may work fine on Vista's WDDM kernel.

maybe,need someone to mod it but.

41 minutes ago, zago27 said:

Could you link to the drivers, please?

Well, actually it isn't an extremely difficult mod. The only thing needed is a notepad (I use Notepad++ because of syntax highlight and better string research).
I usually extract the package in a folder and navigate until I find the video INF file. Then, I edit it by changing all the "NT6.1" strings to "NT6.0".
I did it successfully on several AMD Radeon GPUs, but never tried on nVidia ones.

Another thing. I saw the GPU-Z graphs up there on other drivers. The 0% fan speed and consequent low performance, I think it can be fixed by using software like MSI Afterburner or SpeedFan, which can change manually or automatically fan speed. SpeedFan also can be configured with custom speed curves in order to achieve a silent system when possible and better cool it down when needed.

13 minutes ago, zago27 said:

Well, actually it isn't an extremely difficult mod. The only thing needed is a notepad (I use Notepad++ because of syntax highlight and better string research).
I usually extract the package in a folder and navigate until I find the video INF file. Then, I edit it by changing all the "NT6.1" strings to "NT6.0".
I did it successfully on several AMD Radeon GPUs, but never tried on nVidia ones.

Another thing. I saw the GPU-Z graphs up there on other drivers. The 0% fan speed and consequent low performance, I think it can be fixed by using software like MSI Afterburner or SpeedFan, which can change manually or automatically fan speed. SpeedFan also can be configured with custom speed curves in order to achieve a silent system when possible and better cool it down when needed.

I know how to INF mod. I was asking specifically WHICH drivers did you mod, because I've been testing a load of driver versions to try and get my R9 380 working on Vista, and so far I haven't had any luck <_<

31 minutes ago, zago27 said:

He's Asking For the Driver Version :)

I did it the first time on my previous laptop, but I don't remember exactly which version I used. I remember that it was the latest version for Windows 7 x86 compatible A8-6410 and the integrated graphics chip, I think I did it in March 2016, but I'm not completely sure... I also did it second time with a Radeon R7 360 with CD driver version 15.20.1062 (2015/07/25).

I noticed that I had more problems on x64 drivers than x86 ones and Crimson are less compatible than older Catalyst. Maybe there is a different WDDM implementation.

6 hours ago, zago27 said:

I did it the first time on my previous laptop, but I don't remember exactly which version I used. I remember that it was the latest version for Windows 7 x86 compatible A8-6410 and the integrated graphics chip, I think I did it in March 2016, but I'm not completely sure... I also did it second time with a Radeon R7 360 with CD driver version 15.20.1062 (2015/07/25).

I noticed that I had more problems on x64 drivers than x86 ones and Crimson are less compatible than older Catalyst. Maybe there is a different WDDM implementation.

So you used a x86 driver? Interesting... might give it a shot. Will report back, as usual.