Not DOS section on main Forum site

ruthan

@Jaclaz

Paclaz is a remote top tier getaway location in France.  It has nothing to do with your "name".  I could rename it Zalpac but it would lose its meaning of exalted excellence.  I also used it for a gaming username in the past so I don't think you can claim full ownership of a nickname or word that does not match yours even if it is off by one character.  Will you target someone if you saw the word jaclay or a new member used that nickname and you assumed negative intent?

Regarding any pun - which I understand to equate more of an insult then that would make my view of the word Paclaz a compliment above Jaclaz.  If I ever was even thinking of even a simple pun of your name simply removing the letter "l" from your name would be clear indicator of bad intentions which Paclaz does not invoke.

I don't know if you are joking but as an example of posting in one my threads with "...6"

could be construed as ill intent to hijack/obstruct and not funny by an OP and this is just another one your hijinks again but if not then you should understand Paclaz /= Jaclaz but Paclaz is considered > Jaclaz in ranking as words only.  So if you dislike seeing Paclaz after this you must state so and I will use Zalpac so it has no clear association.  You should also refrain from doing such hijinks type behavior if similarly done by someone else could mistakenly be interpreted as a congenial attitude.

Back on topic...

On 9/3/2017 at 0:00 AM, jaclaz said:

Yep, and this would virtually put non-Microsoft Software (such as "IBM PC-DOS, DR-DOS and possibly FreeDOS") under the Microsoft Software category, 

As said everyone has his/her own way to classify and organize info, and - again as said - I find yours particularly interesting, though you cannot put periods in "DOS" (this would be an actual mistake).

jaclaz

In the beginning that might be a good thing to have open flavors for discussion on MS, PC, Doctor, Free, and DOSBOX are some good starter topics people could discuss in the beginning.

Earlier PC-DOS till 5.0 was actually MS-DOS renamed so it would still be classified a MS software.

The D.O.S. title is for aesthetics even though DOS would work but SEO would be better if D.O.S. was used to filter out unrelated results.  Also other acronyms like DOS = Denial of Service is hardly ever seen as D.O.S. making it stand out.

https://www.allacronyms.com/D.O.S./Disk_Operating_System

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Guide-to-D-O-S-and-P-C-Performance-ExLibrary-/272426730738?epid=118045624&hash=item3f6de604f2:i:272426730738

D.:boring:.S.

Edited by 98SE

There's no need for this thread to be open any longer, it's been long answered. If you want to talk about DOS in general, feel free to make a thread in the appropriate forum and continue discussion. This is no longer a site issue.

Topic LOCKED

• Tommy locked this topic