Install without /p i parameters, get rid off ACPI later, possible or not?

ruthan

Im trying to something on old installation (installed with ACPI), but system devices often collide with ACPI Embedded somehing, ACPI Bios.. and ACPI IRQ something mutipletimes, but these devices are found only after Add new HW Wizard search, otherwise after System device removal and PCI bus addition they are not there..  but add new hw wizzard also find usefull devices after search.. and there are probably other ACPI related issues.

Thanks i will test it, expected that there would something like Registry key for it, i tried myself through ACPI.sys file deletion and try to avoid to installation of ACPI related drivers, but i wrote HW detection wizard is still forcing it and driver were autoimported from SP3.cab.

Edited by ruthan

On 7/23/2007 at 4:04 PM, dencorso said:

2) Open regedit. Go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Detect and add as a dword

value ACPIOption=2. Close regedit and redetect your hardware: windows will remove all ACPI related devices

from the system and add APM.

Ok and what about shutdown? 
Its still possible without ACPI, make Widnows 98 ATX shutdown working? ATX shutdown in mean shutdown without press shutdown button, only through SW.

If you don't remove the ACPI Device from Device Manager, it will not reinstall ACPI.SYS, it will just fail.

SP3.CAB is part of U98SESP3, not part of Windows 9x. This is not Windows XP.

But to true DOS (not a DOS Box) and run the attached program. If APM exists it'll shut down. Else it'll just give you a message but DOS will keep running.

APMOFF.7z

Thanks,
so APM is BIOS / UEFI thing, not Windows settings thing?

Both. You can setup windows to ignore both APM and ACPI. But if the motherboard has just ACPI, there's no way to use APM (newer motherboards may not have APM) and if the motherboard has just APM, there's no way to use ACPI. If the board has both, one may use either or none.