1 XP image for different computers

gjviii

Would someone please give me a link for directions on how to make an XP image that will work on various machines( ie IBM Netvista, Dell GX150, Compaq laptop).

I have a few different machines and I want to make 1 image, ghost it , install it on all of my machines and use it as a basic image.

I have made xp slipstream but I want to make my image non-hardware compliant

Does that make sense?

Thanks in advance

Been there done that.

I have an image at work that will work on a variety of computers. The tech who originally made no longer works for the company. for the life of me I can not remember how he made it. I "think" when he originally made it he hit f5 to make it non-hardware related, then built the image, then he copied a few .sys files into the C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers folder and ran a .reg file he created and then ghosted it. Now I have an image I use for any machine we have. Compaq, HP, Dell, workstations or laptops. I just didnt want to drive to work to pull the image off of our network. I was hoping there was a guide somewhere.

Again, I hope it makes sense

Thanks

Sure no problem. Once I get home I'll find the link I used. i used 4 different .sys files then I ran a .reg file. I then ghosted my image and I was able to put the image on an Compaq armada, and a thinkpad T20. The ghost image I created was about 2.5 gb so I was unable to put it on an Auto Install XP cd. Thats why I needed a way just to Ghost the image. I am now down to 8 minutes for a complete 'rebuild'.

thanks