Restore Microsoft streaming proxy audio device system virtual device after its removal..

ruthan

Hello,
i have great old installation with one flaw and its problem with adding new audio devices.

I have compared working and not working systems and only difference which i could find is missing Microsoft streaming service proxy.
 In this installation i once, cleaned all device manager in safe mode in include all virtual audio devices.. and im not able to reinstall this one,
i tried to all multimedia tree of add new hardware wizard all other virtual audio devices are there but not this one. 

This one is somehow related to DirectX, because in system drivers folder is migrate folder, where are *.inf and files for this device
and tried all thi ksfilter.inf files load through i have a disc for hardware addition, but these devices even when its name is these inf files,
are never listed, only some game devices as joystick are listed..

I was somehow able to fix this problem by install of some PCI audio device, but its not ideal i have board without PCI slots and need
USB audio make to work.

So question is there some way how reistall Microsoft streaming proxy audio device without PCI audio card installation? 

I have installed clean Windows 98 USB instalattion + USB drivers and connected USB audio and Streaming proxy is already there
with original DirectX 6.

I have tried to install varios versions of DirectX, problem is still there.

Pictures from clean installation (device is visible only in Safe mode):

2017-08-26%2017.47.37-DeviceName.jpg

2017-08-26%2017.47.46-InDeviceManager.jp

2017-08-26%2017.47.58-DriverInfo.jpg

Edited by ruthan

I just checked ksfilter.inf , there is lots of regs key and files to copy, so its what i need, but i just need to figure out how to install it, when is not possible through add new hardware wizard..

I don't think any of those Devices are needed to get USB Audio playback.
I just installed a USB Speaker. In the "Sound" section I only see a PCI Sound Card and the USB Audio Device. Nothing else.

I just installed a USB Speaker. In the "Sound" section I only see a PCI Sound Card and the USB Audio Device. Nothing else.

In safe mode or normal mode? Because i wrote these devices are visible only in same mod and they are there i think even in clean installation without any soundcard..

In normal Mode.

Check pleas Safe mode.

I have seen the others on different Computers. I'm not sure what Installs or activates them.

Windows 98 SE has inbuild DirectX 6, there media class it should codec or some middleware between code / application and soundcard driver.

There is multiple possibility how to play a sound on Windows 98SE, one of them is DirectSound and thats part of DirectX, it thing that it is default one.

Edited by ruthan

That System is committed.

I used another System that had no Sound Card.
I Installed the USB Audio Adapter. Only it appeared in Device Manager.
There were many Devices visible, including the one you mentioned, in Safe Mode.

By experimenting, I found that I only had to Enable the Kernel System Renderer and the Kernel Audio Mixer to get Sound Playback.

Without the Mixer, it apparently would support Recording but not Playback.

I would look at the Mixer Device. This uses WDMAUDIO.INF and KMIXER.SYS.

Thanks for help, but Mixer (Smesovac in czech) is already here as you can see on the picture, there need to be something else, i really thing that it would be that proxy (there is lots of devices, but any difference between working and not working systems)
   I even removed and added mixer again, rebooted, nothing..

2017-08-29%2003.47.10.jpg

This normal mode, only removed and re-added devices are there ( why arent now hidden i dont know), in safe mode are more devices.

Edited by ruthan

Only disabling the Kernel Mixer reproduced your problem (Record yes, Play no).
Disabling the Kernel Renderer killed everything.
The rest, except the USB Audio itself,  had no effect.

Issues when using an audio device with WDM (.SYS) drivers as opposed to 95-style (.VXD) drivers seem to have been around for a long time.

I turned up this old thread elsewhere where they were having trouble getting audio output to be produced and volume control to be available when using WDM drivers. Despite the title it is hardly "resolved."

Anyone else here experienced issues with WDM-driver audio devices? Did you find a solution?
I've seen some issues myself but found no immediate solution other than to use the 95 ,VXD drivers when available.
We need to find a solution for this, not a workaround. (especially if any "newer" audio devices are ever to be backported :angel)

Only disabling the Kernel Mixer reproduced your problem (Record yes, Play no).
Disabling the Kernel Renderer killed everything.
The rest, except the USB Audio itself,  had no effect.

Have you tried to remove Microsoft audio proxy + reboot too?

Edited by ruthan

Issues when using an audio device with WDM (.SYS) drivers as opposed to 95-style (.VXD) drivers seem to have been around for a long time.

So question is, exist USB audio *.vxd driver?

14 hours ago, ruthan said:

So question is, exist USB audio *.vxd driver?

No. As far as I know there are no .VXD drivers for anything USB.

And no .VXD drivers for anything HD Audio either; hence why we need a permanent solution to the 98SE WDM Audio problem.

What is wrong with my Streaming proxy theory? I would like to test it, it met all my machines (no proxy, no playback, proxy ok playback ok), but i need to help with this device installation.. I cant install it from INF, its in ksfilter.inf ..