MSFN will be online as long as donations allow

Tripredacus

I am going to setup a simple website, with links to all of the usefull posts here on MSFN (Archived) and information about updates on XP, Vista, 8 after EOL, Windows 9x. So if anyone has important posts, you can send the archived link to me so I can put it on the website. Don't know about the name yet, suggestions are welcome. People can contact me at stefanschepers48 (at) yahoo (dot) com. Please let me know what you all think about it.

I gave reputation to everyone who posted here and shown their love for MSFN .

We will be never able to discuss again , give reputation to each other , fight again , debate again .

I will miss you MSFN . You are in core of my heart . You are the one msfn who converted me from computer newbie to computer expert !! 

MSFN really was one of the best communities I've ever been a part of. I was pretty legendary in the Zelda community long ago but MSFN really expanded my knowledge extensively. Everyone here has just been so awesome and it's been a pleasure to serve this fine community.

I wish I had more information about the situation myself, but this took me by surprise just like everyone else. Maybe by some miracle, something can be done to save it.

Since answers don't seem to be forthcoming about what, if anything, can be done to at least alleviate the immediate crisis long enough to archive everything I suggest we all get busy with HTTrack and try to archive as much as possible. I don't know if the entire site can be somehow indexed by the Wayback Machine but we'd better not depend on it to properly handle multi-page forum indices and threads.

EDIT:
Pick a specific forum (copy the link into the specific forum) to try to archive with HTTrack if you attempt it. If you try to do the entire forum at once it may never finish. I backed up a site a few years ago and HTTrack literally ran for a month straight.

This is a very sad news :(.

MSFN is one of the best tech forums and communities I have known and been a member of. It will be a major loss if it ceases to exist.

If there is really no hope, I myself will likely move with everything to the RyanVM board so please contact me there.

Well, there seems to be some changes with the upgrade and updates over the last ten hours. It may mean there is a door still open or it may be nothing.  Whatever happens will be ...

monroe

Edited by monroe
edited