"aeroglass doesn't know how to hook into dwm on your system"

So I just installed aeroglass, and every time I boot this error shows. How do I fix it?

Additionally, how do I change settings?

I'm a bit of a noob at this, so don't be surprised if I don't understand something.

28 minutes ago, Tripredacus said:

You should post the exact version (or build) of Windows you are using.

Sorry, I'm on the latest version of w10, 15063 [1703], creators update.

In this case, it does, you need to manually get symbol files from MS server. To do that, download Windows SDK Installer and run it. When it asks which features to install, you only need Debugging Tools for Windows. When you got that installed, put the attached file in C:\AeroGlass and run it to download the symbols.

Which version of Aero Glass have you downloaded? Latest Win10 version is only supported by the debug build of Aero Glass available in Experimental versions section on the website, it has no installer and opens debug console on login along with a warning that this is debug build. There is an app for changing settings in Download section, under Others.

symbols.cmd

Edited by UCyborg

Ok so let me get this cleared up

Install aero glass, place the donation key file or whatever in installation file. 

Run windows sdk and install the debug tools (I did that yesterday anyway)

Copy that "symbols.cmd" file, run as admin, wait for the download thing to complete.

Is that it? What is this experimental debug thing? How do I use it?

The debug window is just part of the "beta" version.  I just hide it by right clicking the task bar -> select "show task view" button -> click task view icon on task bar -> drag debug window to 2nd desktop -> then deselect "show task view button".

3 hours ago, cons013 said:

No news about when a fully released version for 1703 will release?

Nope, no news about the current state of the project in months.

So you got experimental version working now? You actually only need to bother with SDK Installer and the script I attached if you don't donate, if valid donation.key is present in Aero Glass folder, it downloads symbols on its own. They tell Aero Glass how to hook certain functions in Desktop Window Manager to provide glass effect when Microsoft changes something. It only works for smaller changes, when they rewrite some routine, Aero Glass code has to be updated as well.

Edited by UCyborg

Woo! It works, thankyou!! Now, how do I find my machine code? I forgot to copy it from that little dialogue thing, I need the code to generate my donation key

Edited by cons013

37 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

Nope, no news about the current state of the project in months.

So you got experimental version working now? You actually only need to bother with SDK Installer and the script I attached if you don't donate, if valid donation.key is present in Aero Glass folder, it downloads symbols on its own. They tell Aero Glass how to hook certain functions in Desktop Window Manager to provide glass effect when Microsoft changes something. It only works for smaller changes, when they rewrite some routine, Aero Glass code has to be updated as well.

I found my machine code, and downloaded donation.key

I put this file into the C:/Aeroglass folder, rebooted, and the watermark is still there. Am I missing something?