Experimental atlas for Creator Update?

Wondering if someone has some atlas updated/fixed for Creator Update. @NoelC , maybe? :3

Actually, some of the Atlas I had for Anniversary Update, still works in CU, but they "paint" the windows border, which is not present anymore in "vanilla" windows and show border even on start, which is quite ugly and pointless.

Edited by Hadden

I could try... but to be honest I'm not really sure what has to be changed in .layout and if the png should be fixed too. AeroGlass, even without windows border, is still nice :3

*EDIT*

Ok, it's an experiment. Win8rp for creator update.

I simply "disabled" some lines appending a # where it draws frame border. Seems fine, maybe I try with others atlas.

Png is still the same of the original version. I upload for convenience.

Win8rpCU.zip

Edited by Hadden

I modified this atlas to have no borders and subtle smoke tint to title bars no border screenshot .  No layout file needed, just apply with AeroglassGUI tool.

Having some issues with the link for screen...here's another one if the link above doesn't work.

screenshot

Edited by dna-systems
updated image

Thanks for share :) 

Yes, probably there are several ways to "fix" the atlas for CU.

I chose the layout way as I'm not really good in editing png resources.

Removing border padding with winaero tweaker > windows border option it's also useful to reuse older atlas/rounder corners - like the one for seven style - but it still show a small border, and I prefer the borderless layout.

Edited by Hadden

The last theme atlas I published for Win 10 still works just fine for the Creator's Update as far as I know.

Here's the RoundedCorners atlas I am currently using with the Aero 7 theme by Sagorpirbd...  To be honest I've forgotten whether it can work with other themes.  The .layout file is supposed to make these theme atlases portable.

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win10/15063/RoundedCorners_For_Aero7.zip

-Noel

Yes, atlas can be used with almost every theme. And can be taken from theme itself for best result, which is quite cool :D

Of course, 7/rounded atlas are usually better with 7 themes - for a frame rounded layout; while 10/square atlas are better with 10 themes - for a squared frameless layout.

Edited by Hadden

Ok, so will the current 1.5.3 version fully work with Creators Update?  I'm using the paid version with the donation.key.  I'm using the  Sagorpirbd Windows 7 theme.  I've been hesitant to upgrade to the creators update because I heard that aeroglass doesn't fully work on it yet.  But if I apply the creators update, with the rounded corners atlas, will it work ok, with the full transparent,  clear aero effects? Or will there be any problems I should be aware of?

Well, 1.5.3 works partially with 1703. 

1.5.4 Beta version works nice - only UWPs apps are missing back button on left.

Tried sagorbird theme+atlas+glass+uwp frame+uxtsb everything seems to be in place.

Of course, you'll see two/three debug window also with .key (but can be moved on desktop 2)

Edited by Hadden

Thanks for the reply.  I think I'll wait until 1.5.4 officially releases before updating to the Creators Update.  Probably crazy for asking, but is there any ETA as to when it will be removed from beta, for official release?

• 1 year later...
On 7/30/2017 at 4:06 AM, dna-systems said:

I modified this atlas to have no borders and subtle smoke tint to title bars no border screenshot .  No layout file needed, just apply with AeroglassGUI tool.

Having some issues with the link for screen...here's another one if the link above doesn't work.

screenshot

can you send me the themes atlas with no borders please thanks.

On 7/30/2017 at 5:36 AM, dna-systems said:

screenshot

Can the same be done on windows 7 black sq atlas?