Please List What Needs Fixing In Experimental Build 1.5.4.904

First, my watermark does not get removed even with donation key (debug log shows nothing of an error)

Secondly, on metro apps, this weird button is present in the top left hand corner like so (goes blue on hover, clicking does nothing whatsoever)

0254f8a559.png

5 hours ago, UCyborg said:

So, for theming settings you need uxtsb?

Well, I hooked loader for using updated 10 black theme; so it's working fine here.

No glass on settings, but everything else is smooth :3

Edited by Hadden

1 hour ago, Hadden said:

So, for theming settings you need uxtsb?

You can only test "Use theme settings" properly if your theme has certain 2 values in it set properly. I wrote about it here. The first issue with size setting not being interpreted correctly should be easy to fix. The alignment problem might actually be bug in Windows.

Anyway, the point of "Use theme settings" is so called composited text glow; compared to the other type of glow, it doesn't use atlas image as the rendering source. It seems the best type to combine with the setting for centering caption, because the atlas image based glow looks like this then:

AGCenteredCaptionAtlasGlow.png.b0d077a10b14d89c0d60f229abd0a84d.png

There's also a minor bug with resizing windows.

I tried Aero Glass on Insider Build 16251, symbols are currently available only for ApplicationFrame.dll, so restoration of regular window frames for UWP apps seems to work just like on Build 15063. One issue worth mentioning, Edge behaves oddly, clicking anything inside its window makes its frame change like in the screenshot below, it's the same on Build 15063. This also makes frame buttons refuse to respond to clicks a lot of time. When it happens, only buttons get inactive look, but frame color indicating window with keyboard focus remains, even when it does lose focus.

All other functions of Aero Glass except transparency and watermark work. I wonder if it would still work if symbols for the rest of the modules were available. Or would it just crash? I'd say there's a good chance it works, but we can't know for sure.

31dQkcm.png

Note that the glow on the text of Edge titlebar is from before I switched back to default Windows theme to give Aero Glass' theme atlas image loading function a spin. The atlas image was extracted from sagorpirbd's Aero 7 theme.

Edited by UCyborg

@UCyborg mmh awkard... actually here the four symbols .pdb are present (used win10 sdk and script to get them) but are "older" - 10.0.14393.xxx (Anniversary Update) - but for dwm.exe are fine. Not tried on insider yet.

And didn't test centered title - but yes, sagorbird theme/atlas/theme setting show a (better) glow but still no glass on most metro apps. There are any mandatory settings in aeroglassGUI/registry/metro settings to make it work ?

Edited by Hadden

@Hadden
The script gets symbols for the DLLs on your current install if they're available. Not sure how you can tell for which build are they, they're identified by checksums if I'm not mistaken. On 15063, I remember having glass on both Win32 and UWP apps. They updated things since that Aero Glass version was released so symbols had to be downloaded to get rid of the warning about inability to hook DWM.

Did you run "regsvr32 C:\AeroGlass\DWMGlass.dll" (without quotes, correct the path if installed elsewhere) from admin Command Prompt? This should enable glass on UWP apps. You may need to "taskkill /IM ApplicationFrameHost.exe" for changes to apply without having to log off. This will close all running UWP apps.

Edited by UCyborg

It's working now, I missed the regsvr part, thanks again ;)

I'm noticing some hangs on explorer/start area - and missing back on metro frame. Well, I'll test it for a while :3

Now seems acting better - maybe need a little of trial stage to works well when enabled for first time.

And what if I want to disable glass on metro apps without unregistering whole dwmglass?

I read symbols versions from dwm debug window/log. Sometimes, hardcoded symbols are "old" after a win update; I update them when ready to avoid "dwm don't know how hook". But usually everything works also without them :P 

Sometimes, UWP glass hangs and I've to restart its debug windows.

Well, actually I had two debug windows for UWPs: one with file icon (triggered by settings) and the other with folder icon (triggered by calculator). Closing one, could make start again metro apps/left area of start without restarting any process... These two seems to lock resources. Well, still having some hang issues with UWP frame, but it could be due uxtsb hook. Who knows. Every 'x' time, the frame process hangs and prevent to start any metro app - included settings. This affect also some windows.

After a while, seems to be work fine without hangs. Glass environment stabilized :) 

Edited by Hadden

5 hours ago, Hadden said:

I'm noticing some hangs on explorer/start area

I get a hang too on an occasion, weird.

And what if I want to disable glass on metro apps without unregistering whole dwmglass?

I don't think it's possible.

I read symbols versions from dwm debug window/log. Sometimes, hardcoded symbols are "old" after a win update; I update them when ready to avoid "dwm don't know how hook". But usually everything works also without them :P

It prints the DLL versions there I think. When you get that warning, something may still not work correctly under the hood. On current insider build, ApplicationFrame.pdb is mandatory for UWP apps to have their frame altered.

Sometimes, UWP glass hangs and I've to restart its debug windows.

Do you ever get any errors in the Event Viewer about some app being terminated because it took too long to suspend? You can look under Custom Views->Administrative Events (Source: Apps). I saw it, not sure about the cause.

One more tip, don't ever click inside the console window. Or if you do, press ESC to cancel out from selection mode, otherwise Metro realm can come to a stall. At least I can't launch any app when it happens.

Well, still having some hang issues with UWP frame, but it could be due uxtsb hook.

UxTSB actually never gets loaded in UWP apps.

Thanks for cmd tip. Actually, I already moved debugs windows to desktop 2 to avoid over-clicking. And yes, no more hangs it seems.

Fun fact: even on some insider rings - without aero glass - the back button on metro apps don't show.

Edited by Hadden