ATI Drivers for iMac (Mobility Radeon HD 2400xt) on W2K

eksu

I'm working on a 2007 20" iMac trying to get Windows 2000 running well. I believe it has a Mobility Radeon HD 2400xt. 

I was unable to install the drivers provided from apple for windows XP through device manager, even though the right hardware id was present.

"ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 XT" = ati2mtag_M72, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_94C8&SUBSYS_0084106B

The installer also didn't work, when I tried it with SP4 + UR1. I would try BWC's drivers, but they also don't appear to support this device.

Does anyone have any idea on what the right direction to go from here is? Thanks.

edit: turns out there are drivers for me! BWC's 2011/5/13 Version 11.5c(AGP+HDMI+Mobility) is the last one that has it.

Edited by eksu

• 2 weeks later...

On 2017/7/11 at 0:14 PM, eksu said:

I'm working on a 2007 20" iMac trying to get Windows 2000 running well. I believe it has a Mobility Radeon HD 2400xt. 

I was unable to install the drivers provided from apple for windows XP through device manager, even though the right hardware id was present.

"ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 XT" = ati2mtag_M72, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_94C8&SUBSYS_0084106B

The installer also didn't work, when I tried it with SP4 + UR1. I would try BWC's drivers, but they also don't appear to support this device.

Does anyone have any idea on what the right direction to go from here is? Thanks.

edit: turns out there are drivers for me! BWC's 2011/5/13 Version 11.5c(AGP+HDMI+Mobility) is the last one that has it.

Plz Check ur videoprt.sys version.

It requires 5.0.2195.6833 or later.