Couple of Opera 12.02 questions

Nomen

1) I have two win-98 systems with opera 12.02, and opera has a "back" arrow button one one of them (to go back to the previous web page you were viewing) but on the other system I can't seem to make the back button appear in the tool bar.   Is that functionality or setting contained in a particular config file I can transplant to the system lacking it?

2) On both systems, Opera will at some point become non-functional as far as refreshing or updating the frame or page-display and in general it becomes seemingly non-responsive.  I can grab the title bar and drag the Opera window around on the screen, and what-ever the content frame is displaying will "smear" and streak as it over-writes itself.  If I have a file-download in progress, it continues with no issues.  The options on the title bar remain active, and if I want to resume browsing with the tabs I had open I have to File, Sessions, Save Sessions, and then close and re-start Opera.   There is no specific set of operations I can perform that will consistently cause this, but in general the longer I have Opera running, the more tabs or sites or pages I view, the more I switch between Opera and other running programs, then this will eventually happen.   Anyone else see this?  Is there a dll or some other file that needs updating?

1) In Application Data\Opera\OPERA\TOOLBAR\standard_toolbar.ini under [Document Toolbar.content] section.

2) Presumably you can drag tab out of Opera to regain a new working window. You can then close the original window and reopen tabs in in the new one. If you don't have a download you don't want to interrupt it's best to just close Opera and restart it IMO (provided it's configured to reopen all tabs that were opened when closing).