HP 8000 Elite and MadVR with XP problems.

Sfor

I moved the hard drive from HP dc7900 CMT E8500 to HP 8000 Elite CMT E8600. After installing the missing drivers it appeared the video playback from MPC-HC became very unstable. The video and audio are out of sync quite often, the playback is not smooth, as it should be. The lower the video resolution the higher the display couner goes. It looks like the GPU always works with full throtlle adding frames, when the monitor works at just the 60Hz. The presentation glitch couner is constantly rising, even with the video playback paused.

I tried many things:
- I did replace graphic cards with GeForce 8600 GTS, GeForce 9500 and GeForce 6600.
- I did fall back to old NVidia drivers along with GeForce 6600
- I did try to move to MPC-BE.
- I did the clean Windows XP install with all the drivers and applications.

- I did tests with the built in motherboard Intel graphics adapter.

- I did replace the E8600 with E8500
But, I failed to solve the problem.

Everything works perfectly on Windows 7. When it comes to Windows XP, I had no problem with HP dc7800 and HP cd7900. So it appears HP 8000 Elite with installed Windows XP is the cause, somehow.

On HP dc7900 everything works fine with display counter at 59,9xxHz with clock deviation below 0.1%.

On HP 8000 elite, the display couter shows 60Hz, at first. Then the couter jumps higher at the next second always showing above 200% of clock deviation. The Repacement of E8600 with E8500 improves everything. I mean, the clock deviation stays below 100%, and the presentation glitch counter rises 100 times slower. It could be some kind of a bug in MadVR making it go crazy with E8600 onboard. But this is the case only when there is a problem with syncronizing. On a different computer or a different OS there is no problem with E8600 at all.

So, I'm out of ideas. What's so special about the HP 8000 elite CMT, besides the obvious use of the nonstandard PSU. (The PSU is connected to the motherboard with 3 slots. All the hard drives, optical drives and other devices are powered by SATA power plugs connected to two slots on the motherboard. So there is no direct power cable connection between PSU and SATA drives)

Edited by Sfor