TuMaGoNx

Hello everybody, i'm Samuka, from betaarchive. I'm male, apropos, and i live on Brazil. Well, my initial project was based on transplant longhorn/vista shell files to get apparence. But, the project was growing. Now, have a subproject called one-core-api, to get windows vista+ compatibility, because now xp and 2003 are out of support. I will release official project site on January, with download links. Now we have source code on git hub, and management project on redmine. I will create a extension for kernel too, and x64 will be supported. Sorry for delay, but, I'm working on this project (windows shorthorn) about 8 years, because is very, very,very complex. Well, drivers are a area "supported" on project, and i have intention to run wddm drivers on xp. I will create a topic on msfn too. Only wait end my vocations. Thanks

49 minutes ago, TuMaGoNx said:

@Skulltrail
have you collaborate with reactos/wine devs regarding this?
what's your long term/short term goal?

HAve you compiled NVme Driver my friend .

6 hours ago, Skulltrail said:

Hello everybody, i'm Samuka, from betaarchive. I'm male, apropos, and i live on Brazil. Well, my initial project was based on transplant longhorn/vista shell files to get apparence. But, the project was growing. Now, have a subproject called one-core-api, to get windows vista+ compatibility, because now xp and 2003 are out of support. I will release official project site on January, with download links. Now we have source code on git hub, and management project on redmine. I will create a extension for kernel too, and x64 will be supported. Sorry for delay, but, I'm working on this project (windows shorthorn) about 8 years, because is very, very,very complex. Well, drivers are a area "supported" on project, and i have intention to run wddm drivers on xp. I will create a topic on msfn too. Only wait end my vocations. Thanks

Glad to see you here

Oops right! guess I left several things unanswered before, sorry, bit busy with other things. I haven't look at NVME since that time nor XomPie (I get the feeling of losing complexity vs usability balance if it keep grow) .
I also don't know w2k batch restriction so I can't convert it...

Edit: misunderstood
Edit2:
oh and someone pm me about newer IE possibility:
my pov is the same for any browser, developers have been painfully held back by XP limitation. so once IE drop XP... well not to mention iIE is closed source and still knotted with Windows just how many flags have been flipped, those possible horde of loadlibrary/getproc is something to get attention under disassembler's lens. In short: I've no idea.

Edited by TuMaGoNx

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, sorry my delay...Well, my short goal is get compatibility of newer applications on XP/2003. And long goal is get all ecosystem of NT 6.x on XP/2003, including initial purpose, interface. Now, i'm making the oficial website project, organizing the development (with repositiories on GitHub, Deveo SVN and managing with HostedRedmine), will create a page on facebook and topic here. All things usable made until now will be avaliable on site, including iso of legacy shorthorn builds. And, i will start development of Kernel extension, to run drivers like xheci for usb 3.0 support.

Good. Will you release binaries as well on github? Besides, about the kernel and Windows internal DLLs: would compiled them with anything greater than SSE2 bring any benefits in the overall performances of the OS?

Oh, almost forgot,

thanks in advance for everything you are doing! :D

Edited by FranceBB

On 17/01/2017 at 1:55 AM, FranceBB said:

Good. Will you release binaries as well on github? Besides, about the kernel and Windows internal DLLs: would compiled them with anything greater than SSE2 bring any benefits in the overall performances of the OS?

Oh, almost forgot,

thanks in advance for everything you are doing! :D

Hello man, i will relese on my adrive. Better to Binaries. Version 1.0 is comming. Svyatpro and i have big news about dx10/11 games.
1484707277.or.94138.png

1484707197.or.92777.png

1484703620.or.74082.png

I'm testing dx10/11 games now

On 21/01/2017 at 9:26 AM, greenhillmaniac said:

So WDDM type drivers are implemented or are you still using XP drivers to test these games?

Unfortunally, i'm still using XPDM drivers. With One-Core-APi, i don't have time to work about WDDM yet as way i'm want, but, i have plans. Only wine D3D for Windows made by Svyatpro was used.

I know this is kinda irrelevant to post it here, but it concerns Windows XP support by NVIDIA.

If you know in NVIDIA drivers starting from 361.91 till latest version, we have a high severity BUG when monitor connected via DVI is being detected as as CRT TV thus makes you unable to override custom resolution and refresh rate etc. Many months ago I created an issue in NVIDIA customer support and look what they recently answered me:

nvidia_XP.png

This means that they confirm this BUG and they confirm that this their fault, but they apparently refuse to fix this issue and doing so they do not serve their customers properly, this is confusing!

What do you guys think, what possible scenarios could I/We get from NVIDIA and how should I/We act?

Edited by Svyatpro

• 4 weeks later...

Right now, there are:

1) Alky for applications: Windows Vista compatibility layer, which will let you run programs meant for Vista, as well as sidebars, once you install it. Just right click on an exe and choose "run as Vista". (It will ask you a Vista licence key). http://alkyforapplications.net/downloads/Alky_1_1_Trunk_032308-000051_xp.zip

2) Xompie which will let you convert programs to make them XP compatible by placing it in your "send to" folder and sending folders containing the programs you want to convert to it. http://www.msfn.org/board/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=41114

3) Mono which will let you run C# 6 Roslyn programs which have been compiled without XP compatibility flag (I.e lazy developer). https://download.mono-project.com/archive/4.6.2/windows-installer/mono-4.6.2.16-gtksharp-2.12.42-win32-0.msi

4) Direct X 10 - 11 which will let you use them. https://mega.nz/#!rNVSFCQB!eAh54cJVzmCR7nXEHTRh9GHa11agGBsLR_lM_fkG26Y

5) Custom Kernel + HAL to unlock 64 GB of RAM https://mega.nz/#!ndsRFT4L!nOb6r6rq4kN7WcIsnrNOUYqAAclfu2zv3u2hTZS5eXk

(Dibya released another one to support up to 128 GB of RAM and fixed some bugs affecting USB drivers; check his version instead if you want).And finally the new project: One Core API which is the one which introduce many things in the kernel, but it's still "work in progress".

Of course, the 5 tools mentioned above are x86 only.

Alky works with XP64 tested also you can use XOmpie in XP64 but remember to patch 32bit apps only .

A guy over another forum asked me why? AM i sticking on XP why? I am not going to 7 / 10 . what? The usefulness of expanding XP.

My answer :-

*Does not eat terrible amount of ram (7x86 1.87 GB , Windows 10x86 2.8GB , windows 8.1x86 980MB) where as XP with MSE consumes 172 to 196MB

*Usable windows search ( I need two days to search a file under windows 7 and up)

*No proper startmenu (excluding 7)

*Terrible amount of craps are not present ,

*My system does not run out ram during some serious rendering(!! Middle patch of rendering session you will have nice restart !! sooooooooooooo lovely )

*NO proper file management in 7 up system

*Not so much customization can be done as XP

*Older Software run best on XP only .

* Proper networking speed oh yeah xp prints and works far faster than anyone in LAN even than linux mint

*Extremely FAST GDI Engine no other OS leaving 2003 has it reason games runs faster on them.

*I have seen the games running at 89-98FPS in XP droped to 23FPS to 43 in newer oses .

*lightweight uxtheme engine

Most worst lies :-

* Xp has old memory manager it was introduced long ago : OH! My dear liar will check memory management functions of hal & kernel under ida and compare with latest win 8.1 , it is 99.99% same . in xp function directly return value ( Xor eax,eax ) where as in 8.1 call a subroutine that repeats like xp

*XP is unstable in newer system : I cannot believe it sorry nothing to say .( anyone can comment)

There are much many word  spread-ed all over web which are technically wrong but people filling stackoverflow and other sites with useless words .

IF you love XP please share . we 9% users are enough to bring flood over world to those terrible people .

No one like mods please its my kind request donot bring any modification to 2nd last line thanks in advance .

Edited by Dibya

Thank you both for an answer. For me it's unfortunate that most of these programs you linked me Won't work on XP x64 because for me it's the best version. Is it possible for you to support x64 bit as well and make separate version for x64?  

OneCore API will work on both x86 and x64 as there will be two different releases. Anyway, I'm facing BSOD trying to install certain drivers with the current 5.2.8014 x64 release. As to the kernel Dibya is working on, I confirm that Windows XP x86 is booting fine and it works, even though there are some "unexpected behaviours" sometimes, but I honestly don't know whether he will work on a x64 release or not.

On a side note: Windows XP x64 is actually really good, but unfortunately it has to run on supported hardware and proper drivers as many users experienced issues with certain drivers.

Hi dibya (got your greeting mail)
I'm not really motivated and disappointed with disadvantage of XomPie from requiring patch, neither have enthusiasm for OneCore as it need system modification (and thus security implication).