[Cancelled by the Author] Extended Kernel for XP (ExtendedXP)

Dibya

1 hour ago, Dibya said:

Go to Ryanvm forum . I posted source code as well as last version.

RIP hotnuma for calling extended XP vaporware!

Posting a link to WHERE on RyanVM Forum is asking too much of the Author (on a "release" thread, BTW) I presume. :dubbio:

Maybe :unsure: here?:

https://ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10631#p143702

the post is almost one year old, and in it you are substantially saying that you are abandoning it, whilst both there and on this very thread on MSFN you hinted that you are still (maybe) working on it (but of course there is always something to wait for or that is missing).

Maybe you could post a definite statement about:

1) the current situation of the project
2) what actually works in it and what it doesn't (I understand that asking for a proper, even minimal documentation would be too much).
3) a future, tentative roadmap (only if there is any future, of course)

As is the project seems objectively:

1) half Vaporware (or in an unfinished pre-pre-alpha stage, which in practice is the same thing)
2) half AbandonWare 

jaclaz

• 2 weeks later...

On 10/7/2018 at 11:26 PM, Dibya said:

Can I kindly ask you people to wait for 7 days? Something worth XP user's eyes will pass bye.

You are a hero of the XP community Dibya. You've been making things possible that were widely believed to be impossible by Windows users, and you've fearlessly disregarded the frothing droves of mindless FUD propagators who'd like to burn XP and its users at the stake.
Don't let the gripers & nitpickers get to you. There are many people who are amazed by, and greatly appreciative of, the boundaries you've been breaking, the tools & information you've been sharing and your statements & reasoning in support of XP. You are one of the key people successfully countering the organized effort to kill XP. Thank you for all you've done thus far!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2018 at 10:48 PM, DontJoinTheMilitary said:

You are a hero of the XP community Dibya. You've been making things possible that were widely believed to be impossible by Windows users, and you've fearlessly disregarded the frothing droves of mindless FUD propagators who'd like to burn XP and its users at the stake.
Don't let the gripers & nitpickers get to you. There are many people who are amazed by, and greatly appreciative of, the boundaries you've been breaking, the tools & information you've been sharing and your statements & reasoning in support of XP. You are one of the key people successfully countering the organized effort to kill XP. Thank you for all you've done thus far!

Thanks a lot for your heart touching kind words.

I am glad , you wrote it .

On 10/8/2018 at 9:26 AM, Dibya said:

LINKS ARE REMOVED DUE TO NEW RELEASE OF HOT FIXES WITH KERNEL32.DLL & NTDLL.DLL

uhhh it would be nice if this would be fixed :) AND by the way what "modern" programs can run on this glory kernel extension? :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The newest Extended XP installer requires XPSP3 QFE POSReady updates which I don't want to install, but if I skip them (Dibya sorry for "hacking" : ) I cannot boot my system since the installer doesn’t contain appropriate Ntdll.dll, which can be also found in the previous version or in blackwingcat’s Windows XP/2003 Extend Kit. Just to mention that I had some problems with the newest Extended XP update and some XP compatible programs - Firefox ESR 52 (Kernel32.dll? Shell32.dll) and SumatraPDF, and with some portable ThinApp applications (Advapi32.dll). Dibya I wonder why you insist on SP3 and updates. I've tested Extended XP without them a lot (can be installed using well-known SP3 registry "trick") and never noticed a single problem, although staring non-compatible applications may be risky (in my experience after two successful starts of a program it can be considered safe). I’d like to say here one THANK YOU to Skulltrail, blackwingcat, Dibya, TuMaGoNx and all other diligent and dedicated guys who made XP's old days more bearable! I have many programs installed, tons of settings, some old software simply doesn't work on newer Windows versions, and they are more restrictive so I don't plan to stop using the best OS MS has ever made. (Although, believe or not, some stripped Win7 versions behave the same in terms of performances and maybe need even a few MB's less to work.) 

Edited by aviator

10 minutes ago, GianLuca18092004 said:

What programs do you use to add ordinals and apis to the dlls?

Few are here

Modexp by rloew

Pemaker by Blackwingcat

Petools by wild Bill.

None work on x64