[Cancelled by the Author] Extended Kernel for XP (ExtendedXP)

Dibya

1 hour ago, r3muxd said:

Stupid question: Can I use this and One-Core-API on the same machine or will they conflict?

One core API is more compatible it doesn't make sense

Edit: I am working on this project again for few months.

Pray to God so that I success.

Edited by Dibya

2 hours ago, Dibya said:

One core API is more compatible it doesn't make sense

Edit: I am working on this project again for few months.

Pray to God so that I success.

good luck

Fixed bugs with following function

AcquireSRWLockExclusive
AcquireSRWLockShared
InitializeSRWLock
ReleaseSRWLockExclusive
ReleaseSRWLockShared
TryAcquireSRWLockExclusive
TryAcquireSRWLockShared

Edit::

Successfully added following exports 

InitializeConditionVariable
WakeAllConditionVariable
WakeConditionVariable

Successfully added following base api:

InitializeCriticalSectionEx
FlsAlloc
FlsFree
FlsGetValue
FlsSetValue
SetThreadStackGuarantee

Tomorrow I will see K32 

Edited by Dibya

Nice!

Any ETA you have for the next release, by the way? I noticed it downloads were removed for reasons related to the emergency patch. I really want to run XP on my Braswell Acer as an experiment, and yeah. Let's keep XP alive ^^

Edited by pinkmoon89

• 3 weeks later...

Now that I have re-made my membership here (it vanished somehow ??), I am eagerly following this !!

There is nothing good about any of the newer OSes & I do not use them at all.

Should there ever come a day when something stops me utterly from using XP & my preferred apps from that era, it will be a very sad day indeed.

XP SP2 runs exceedingly well as a VM under Ubuntu Mate & VMWare Player & any app that demands that horrid SP3 is just not needed by me.

As I've said in many places & many times: This is MY PC - to do with as I wish & NOT for some OS to control in any manner minus my overt consents.

• 2 weeks later...

Debian is probably better than Ubuntu for privacy: I've heard about Canonical doing questionable things to Ubuntu releases sometimes. I'm also unsure why you dislike SP3, it is barely different from SP2 from what I can tell (other than removing a few things).

Given that any ideas of real privacy with an active internet connection are based more upon anyone's personal beliefs than any actual reality - I simply don't waste much life energies thinking about it.

Debian itself is more fiddly than Ubuntu - and Ubuntu Mate is nice & easy to make into a classic desktop style clone, hence that preference.

As to SP3, how it could be possible for users of it NOT to take note of the profound lack of control it creates as regards drivers and such system level items is beyond me.

SP2 still allows the user to mostly be in charge of their own system whereas SP3 does away with too much choice for my liking.

Sorry. That was my fault. :P

I've only ever tried SP1 as a kid and SP3 as I got older, never really tried SP2 because of the fact it didn't have WPA2 internet connection encryption included as default, as well as the fact some programs for whatever reason need SP3.

Edited by ScarletWavez

GetTickCount can be called in place of GetTickCount64 for 49.7 days if the upper dword is zeroed. On XP X64 I would image this to be the case. Replace all "GetTickCount64" strings with "GetTickCount\0\0" to try.

10 hours ago, jumper said:

GetTickCount can be called in place of GetTickCount64 for 49.7 days if the upper dword is zeroed. On XP X64 I would image this to be the case. Replace all "GetTickCount64" strings with "GetTickCount\0\0" to try.

Hello. What program should I use to change this?