[Cancelled by the Author] Extended Kernel for XP (ExtendedXP)

Dibya

Just now, junior600 said:

Intel has announced Intel i9 with 18 core xD

AMD will announce something next may be !!  I am not a AMD fan but this year they are really doing work .

4 hours ago, Dibya said:

I believe if we work together we can get pretty much everything working . At almost end of the year the XP will shine with its previous glory !! May be next year we will have XP that can run many apps & Driver (Most important) that windows 7 / 8.1 cannot . I donot know whether it is possible to patch in memory as it is not well suited by me to patch manually as it take long time .

Is this to be intended as a road-map or preliminary timetable for the project? :unsure:

jaclaz

13 hours ago, 98SE said:

Have you tried other manufacturer USB 3.0 driver besides Renesas?  How about Asmedia with your patch?

Asmedia supports xp and 2003 according to their readme file both 3.0 and 3.1 ,have you tried it? i can confirm it works in vista i dont have xp to test

Edited by burd

1 hour ago, Damnation said:

does the asmedia driver work on intel USB 3 ports?

That's the question I want to know if Dibya has tried using Asmedia USB drivers on the Intel USB controller.  Maybe these will work since Asmedia has XP drivers.

4 hours ago, burd said:

Asmedia supports xp and 2003 according to their readme file both 3.0 and 3.1 ,have you tried it? i can confirm it works in vista i dont have xp to test

Which USB controllers are you installing the Asmedia USB drivers onto?

28 minutes ago, 98SE said:

Which USB controllers are you installing the Asmedia USB drivers onto?

usb type-c 3.1 gen 2 thats connected to my motherboard, perhaps im mistaken and you want to use those on the intel ones?

Edited by burd

2 hours ago, burd said:

usb type-c 3.1 gen 2 thats connected to my motherboard, perhaps im mistaken and you want to use those on the intel ones?

yes . it cannot . usb 2.0 follows master slave relation but usb 3.0 . SO driver of one chipset does not work on another .

6 hours ago, burd said:

Asmedia USB 3.x does actually work beautifully on  xp sp3, provided one has Asmedia hardware. My ASUS P8Z68-V LX does have an ASM1042 USB 3.0 controller, but no intel USB 3.0, and that was the main reason I selected that board for my 3770k i7. It has provided me with trouble-free USB 3.0 from incept time. Now, as to whether Asmedia drivers can be modded to work on Intel, that's another question altogether, which answer I don't know.

1 hour ago, dencorso said:

Asmedia USB 3.x does actually work beautifully on  xp sp3, provided one has Asmedia hardware. My ASUS P8Z68-V LX does have an ASM1042 USB 3.0 controller, but no intel USB 3.0, and that was the main reason I selected that board for my 3770k i7. It has provided me with trouble-free USB 3.0 from incept time. Now, as to whether Asmedia drivers can be modded to work on Intel, that's another question altogether, which answer I don't know.

Yes Dencorso we know the Asmedia USB 3.0/3.1 drivers will work on the Asmedia USB 3.0/3.1 controllers.  We are trying to figure out if Dibya has attempted to try and mod the Asmedia USB drivers to work on the Intel 3.0 xHCI USB controllers since none exist for XP and he stated he got them to work on XP although only using his kernel mod.  I am trying to see if it can be done on standard XP without patching the memory limit to reduce the amount of altered functionality in case it breaks compatibility somehow with certain programs.  But if the Intel USB 3.0 ports work on XP it will be a huge win.

I also have a similar board as you but Z77.  The Intel USB 3.0 ports do function in XP but only as USB 2.0 ports.  Can anyone comment on any Z87 or Z97 USB drivers on XP if they function as USB 2.0 ports or are they dead?

Edited by 98SE

1 hour ago, 98SE said:

Yes Dencorso we know the Asmedia USB 3.0/3.1 drivers will work on the Asmedia USB 3.0/3.1 controllers.  We are trying to figure out if Dibya has attempted to try and mod the Asmedia USB drivers to work on the Intel 3.0 xHCI USB controllers since none exist for XP and he stated he got them to work on XP although only using his kernel mod.  I am trying to see if it can be done on standard XP without patching the memory limit to reduce the amount of altered functionality in case it breaks compatibility somehow with certain programs.  But if the Intel USB 3.0 ports work on XP it will be a huge win.

I also have a similar board as you but Z77.  The Intel USB 3.0 ports do function in XP but only as USB 2.0 ports.  Can anyone comment on any Z87 or Z97 USB drivers on XP if they function as USB 2.0 ports or are they dead?

My kernel mod can intel usb 3.0 driver on XP not asmedia on intel port 

Edit::

next version will be a stable version for common people . It will be able to run upcoming Firefox 54 , Qupzila , FileZila , palemoon and some dx11 games like Tropico5 . Today i will work hard let see what can i do so far .

one more thing , if a program throw a exception error at a address , how can i check which thing is causing problem . ( I know little bit about debugging so help me)

any SHOpenWithDialog compatible api exists in XP ?

Edited by Dibya

5 hours ago, Dibya said:

My kernel mod can intel usb 3.0 driver on XP not asmedia on intel port 

Edit::

next version will be a stable version for common people . It will be able to run upcoming Firefox 54 , Qupzila , FileZila , palemoon and some dx11 games like Tropico5 . Today i will work hard let see what can i do so far .

one more thing , if a program throw a exception error at a address , how can i check which thing is causing problem . ( I know little bit about debugging so help me)

any SHOpenWithDialog compatible api exists in XP ?

good job boy,we all work hard in this community to bring a change :D good luck