win98se on z97m-d3h mobo (intel 9 series chipset)

truemaster

Sometimes changes can cause multiple Interrupts to be moved. If, using AHCI, the Video Card remains on Interrupt 11 while the Disk is switched to Interrupt 10, and you get a Disk access BSOD then you are not having the Interrupt issue that I have identified.

oups my bad i was in a hurry and see a wrong pci device. no its irq 11 the ichi pci card. probably a canflict issue as you say but i cant change the interrupt to other number any ideas?

Then the Interrupt issue is still possible.

Does the Mouse continue to work after the BSOD?

Does the Mouse work until the BSOD or does it freeze shortly before?

i will explain the behaviors in need for speed underground 2, first the sound stops the keyboard stop working and the mouse stops and after a second a lockup and after 1 minute a bsod. in quake 4 the music stops the keyboard stops. but the game is working i can use mouse to turn-shoot a bsod didnt apeare. my mouse is conected on ps/2 port in the back, and my keybord is usb. the hard drive controllers the vga card the pci soundblaster 2 of 3 usb controllers share the same irq its 11 btw

Edited by truemaster

The first scenario sounds like it, but the second does not.

When the Mouse freezes, keep moving it. If it jumps once every 15 seconds, let me know.

On my Computers, the problem appeared randomly, even when not using graphics.

I have updated the free NVCHECK Package on my Website. There is now an Interrupt Test VXD in the Package. Download it and install it. It will tell you if you have the problem.

and its come down to this bsod

TESTEOI

TESTEOI detected missing EOI

press any key to continue

but the keyboard is not fuctioning, nether i see mouse pointer to move

Edited by truemaster

That indicates that you have the Interrupt EOI problem.

Apparently the problem is not confined to 512MB or 7xxx Series Video Cards.

You can try switching to an earlier Driver for your Video Card.
Otherwise you will need my Interrupt Fixup VXD.

Because your Keyboard is on one of the USB Ports using Interrupt 11, it is disabled as well.
You could try moving it to the Controller that doesn't use Interrupt 11.
The Mouse is not visible on a BSOD.

i had try older nvidia drivers same issues. the only good thing older drivers gives the 77.xx i think, is that i can properly shutdown computer without the protection error. newer drivers gives the protection error. im interested for your interrupt fix how it costs? just for knowledge what exacly that patch is doing? its try to map free bios iqrs to the devices that sharing the same in order not to have the same iqr? or it changes the way software speak to hardware in order the issue to disappear?

@98SEnow i see your question about how much memory my 98 see. using himemx with the parameter /max=785000 it detects 768mb ram

Edited by truemaster

Since you don't need the entire NVSIZE Package, it is $11.00 US.

It doesn't move Interrupts. The older VXDs hook into the Interrupt(s) and release them if they weren't already released. The newest one polls, looking for hung Interrupts,  and then releases them.

ok this patch works i push the system hard for 2.5 hours now and another 2 hours in he morning and no interrupt issues. before the patch 1 hour was the best scenario. so if anyone have interrupt issues on irq 11 give him the patch without fear. hope the other irq fixes are excellent coded like the 11 fix.

On 5/31/2017 at 2:47 PM, 98SE said:

Downloaded for now.  Will transfer the files to Floppy for testing later.  Still troubleshooting 98SE for USB boot.

You never reported any results for the TESTAHCI Program on your Z170 Motherboard.