Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 


junior600

Windows NT 4.0 api wrapper

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Dibya said:

I can't wait to try it......

Ahah I know, just a bit of patience.. I'm waiting also for your kernel for xp ahah. I have some news, I have backported several functions from the ntoskrnl of a beta and now we can use new user32 and gdi32 that can display without glitches new softwares, the old ones had a lot of old functions and it was impossible to operate. The first release, as I said before, is scheduled for the first term of July (between 7 and 10 of july ) ^_^

Edited by junior600

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@junior600
 Well you will get mine at end of July. I managed to load chromium 60 in XP , credit goes to Skulltrail . With one core API you can do the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What progress with you extension. Do you bought FX-5500? Does anybody on MSFN/forum have hardware compatible to run setup NT4 on real hardware??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, piotrhn said:

What progress with you extension. Do you bought FX-5500? Does anybody on MSFN/forum have hardware compatible to run setup NT4 on real hardware??

Sorry, you have to wait a bit longer, probably for August.. I'm in vacation now and I don''t have time to work on it. BTW, I'm running it on a Pentium 4 with ACPI disabled.

Edited by junior600

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2018 at 12:26 PM, junior600 said:

Sorry, you have to wait a bit longer, probably for August.. I'm in vacation now and I don''t have time to work on it. BTW, I'm running it on a Pentium 4 with ACPI disabled. 

Do you have iso Windows NT 4.0 with SP3+ included ? Because SP2< do not support HDD with more than 7 Gb. Smallest HDD I have is 80 Gb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Andreasmir said:

Do you have iso Windows NT 4.0 with SP3+ included ? Because SP2< do not support HDD with more than 7 Gb. Smallest HDD I have is 80 Gb.

No, you can still install NT 4.0 by creating a small partition in the installation setup  and then once you have installed the system, you install the sp6 and you create a new partition with disk administrator.

https://support.toshiba.com/support/viewContentDetail?contentId=108432

 

Edited by junior600

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! Cool work you do, thank you very much for it, it would be very cool to get a web browser Chromium 54 and higher on NT 4.0 or even Windows Sidebar from Vista

Edited by Aspire89
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, MVoloshin said:

Any progress? When there will be release?

Don't pressurize him . From my personal experience it takes years to come up with Alpha level of Kernel Extension... 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Dibya said:

Don't pressurize him . From my personal experience it takes years to come up with Alpha level of Kernel Extension... 

Yeah, it will take a while. I don't give you a release date since I don't know, I will update this topic when it is ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for bumping, but is there any progress (even the smallest) on this project? It has been 2 months since the last post and it would be sad if this project was abandoned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, piotrhn said:

Is this Project alive?

Yes, it is. Sorry to be late, I have not worked much at this project in these few months because of busy life, but from next week I will work on it again.

 

Here is a screenshot of working basilisk from roytam (released yesterday). The graphic is really buggy as you can see, I need to work on it... But at least, it starts... I'm trying to get also chrome to work. I'm evaluating to use user32 and gdi32 and win32k from the first betas of nt5.0 because they have all the updated functions to display text, styles correctly, but it seems that we need to use also the ntoskrnl from that beta because the the old ntoskrnl from nt 4.0 is too old, and here is a question for you users... Do you mind if we use the new ntoskrnl.exe from a earlier beta of nt 5.0? I ask you this because I want your opinion about this. If you say no, I will keep working with the nt 4.0's ones, but it will takes some more time.

VanI0j8.jpg

Edited by junior600
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, junior600 said:

Yes, it is. Sorry to be late, I have not worked much at this project in these few months because of busy life, but from next week I will work on it again.

 

Here is a screenshot of working basilisk from roytam (released yesterday). The graphic is really buggy as you can see, I need to work on it... But at least, it starts... I'm trying to get also chrome to work. I'm evaluating to use user32 and gdi32 and win32k from the first betas of nt5.0 because they have all the updated functions to display text, styles correctly, but it seems that we need to use also the ntoskrnl from that beta because the the old ntoskrnl from nt 4.0 is too old, and here is a question for you users... Do you mind if we use the new ntoskrnl.exe from a earlier beta of nt 5.0? I ask you this because I want your opinion about this. If you say no, I will keep working with the nt 4.0's ones, but it will takes some more time.

I think it's better to leave original ntoskrnl.exe from NT 4.0. I'm afraid that taking libraries from NT 5.0 betas would also bring many bugs and instability. Could you describe how will it work, please? Maybe I do not understand something.

P.S. Will it be possible to use latest security updates with your wrapper?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PjCjrFOBlTg_u3LIaOWp6XQO5RYoJeob/view

Edited by MVoloshin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MVoloshin said:

I think it's better to leave original ntoskrnl.exe from NT 4.0. I'm afraid that taking libraries from NT 5.0 betas would also bring many bugs and instability. Could you describe how will it work, please? Maybe I do not understand something.

P.S. Will it be possible to use latest security updates with your wrapper?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PjCjrFOBlTg_u3LIaOWp6XQO5RYoJeob/view

Ok, I will keep working with the original one ;) It will takes some time.

BTW, frankly speaking, I'm working using the last sp6a, I haven't applied the latest security updates, so the reply is no for now... I don't exclude to get it work with them in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...