IE 6 Issue

I am a bit puzzled about this one, hope someone can shed some light on this

I have a unattended DVD that is running with out errors, however, after everything is completed, when ever I click on IE Icon on the desktop, It shows me a dialog box indicated that the program specified is not found.

If I go to C:\programs files\Internet Explorer, I can see that Internet explorer is installed. When I click on this IE opens up, It asks me "do you want to set it as default and I click on Yes and not to ask me again".

If I create a text file and rename the extension to HTML or HTM, and click on it, It gives me an error message indicating that there is no program associated with it even though IE is installed and works fine.

Can anyone help please,

I am using IE 6.0 with SP1

is this win2000?

i think at some point u typed program files and it didn't accept the long filename and therefore it looks for progra~1, try to find that through the registry and change it to program files

and if its the way u wrote "programs files" it might be wrong due to that :)

This is Windows XP Pro with SP1

THe Installation works fine, however when I click on the interent Explorer icon on the desktop, I get the screen below

I haven't changed any settings to alter the name of Program Files folder in C drive.

As you sujested, I did a search for progra~1 in the register andfound a few entries. I changed them to read as below

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSInfo

I restarted teh machine but still when I click on Internet explorer, I ge the same error as shown in the pic. :)

post-70-1081551887_thumb.jpg