Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

FranceBB

Windows XP Spotter (the club)

If my computer were so unstable, I'd look for a suitable replacement. Somehow the problem seems familiar when the electrolytic capacitors on the mainboard inflate. :yes: Somehow the problem seems familiar when the electrolytic capacitors on the mainboard inflate. It is a known problem to generate sales (higher value components are more expensive). I'm curious if Windows 10, the intervals are getting smaller with the hardware requirement. :thumbdown

:)

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, FranceBB said:

Hats off, Dave, you are the Windows XP Spotter of the year. XD

What really amused me was that this was almost certainly the most "spotted" instance of XP still now in use ever, as it was seen by millions of people on TV!
And yes @heinoganda, you would think Neneh would be able to afford a more up to date laptop! Why it suddenly rebooted in the middle of her set doesn't seem to be known.
Still, if it's only used to play stage background videos, and is therefore possibly never even put online, why would they bother to change it?
:lol:

Edited by Dave-H
Addition

21 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

And yes @heinoganda, you would think Neneh would be able to afford a more up to date laptop! Why it suddenly rebooted in the middle of her set doesn't seem to be known.
Still, if it's only used to play stage background videos, and is therefore possibly never even put online, why would they bother to change it?
:lol:

Most probably (just a guess, mind you)  Windows 10 was considered by the staff, but they couldn't justify to accounting buying 5 licenses to get hold of an enterprise version and they feared that Windows 10 would autoupdate in the middle of the show. ;)

jaclaz

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

I'm assuming a hardware failure, especially as it seems in the middle of the show to an interruption. Windows XP sp3 can not work that bad! :no:

:)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jaclaz said:

Most probably (just a guess, mind you)  Windows 10 was considered by the staff, but they couldn't justify to accounting buying 5 licenses to get hold of an enterprise version and they feared that Windows 10 would autoupdate in the middle of the show;)

jaclaz

LOL! :lol:

I recapped granny's laptop recently with Panasonic Oscon Solid caps , before that I had similar experiences