Windows XP Spotter (the club)

FranceBB

13 hours ago, FranceBB said:

Apparently, old programmes are not compatible with the new Windows 10 Embedded for IoT and since programmers had to rewrite their code anyway, they just switched to Linux to avoid paying the licence and other things.

Well, I doubt that administrators and lawyers are yet ready for this, your screenshot may be of some GUI Linux runnning in the Linux Subsystem running on Windows 10, sadly :(.

jaclaz

I also have some bad news: one of the XP POS machines at my school was replaced with one running a different OS. :( The cashier is ignoring the remaining XP desktop and pushing us to the other one.

The good news is that it's running Windows 7.

• 3 weeks later...

The support may be over, but this doesn't mean that people stopped using XP. Today I've been to the dentist and he is using XP. When I asked him why, he said that XP is connected to the sensors of the tools he uses on a daily basis and that he upgraded to Windows 10 months ago as he changed his computer, however the technician he called spent hours trying to make it work with those sensors but he failed, so he reverted to Windows XP. "I've been using these things since 2005" he said, "I'm gonna keep using XP until I'll change the whole thing, its tools and its sensors, which is unlikely to happen anytime soon".

Since I wasn't able to take a clear shot, I told him about the Windows XP Spotter group and I quickly told him that we take pictures of XP running in businesses 'cause we are fan of the OS, so he kindly let me take this picture:

SKS3mJQ.jpg

Dentists using XP should make discounted rates because they have not incurred upgrade costs :dubbio:

Looking for an XP dentist starting today :D

Edited by Vistaboy

• 2 weeks later...

At a local supermarket:

winxp.png

I had also stopped at an office with a beige P!!!/4 tower complete with two CD-ROM and two floppy drives. It wasn't on though or else I would have grabbed two XPs in one day!

• 3 weeks later...

We are all well aware of the mess WannaCry caused, yet it was mostly due to unpatched Win7 machines, not the ones running Windows XP, so here we are, years apart, with computers running Windows XP.

xNv3ea1.jpg

We can see the programme opened in which the doctor was filling the forms and the obvious bar at the very bottom showing that it's Windows XP (no POSReady or whatever, plain XP). I wonder whether these machines are patched or not...

(If you are wondering what that medicine is, it's something to encourage you to p*** and it's not for me. I was "lucky", though, 'cause another doctor asked the one I was talking to a consultation and as soon as she walked out of the room I took the chance to take a picture of the screen. When she came back, she suspected nothing).

• 2 weeks later...

Time for another spotted XP! This time i saw it inside the Chernobyl's Nuclear Reactor Lithuanian video. Fun thing: the room where the XP computer is to monitor's the new "sarcophagus" built back 2016.

8zBKmWP.png

On 6/23/2019 at 1:34 AM, i430VX said:

Windows XP has been spotted (specifically an embedded version) in a recent CNBC video:

Screenshot_2178.png

Bill Gates using POSReady 2009?:w00t:

Game over I think, it doesn't get better than this!
:buehehe:
Neneh Cherry onstage at the Glastonbury Festival after the laptop running her background video apparently crashed!

GlastonburyXP1.thumb.jpg.3fae3d4f1ebeef13fd99797b1ccfdeab.jpg

GlastonburyXP2.jpg.ecc227506a5264b2f075b00075fcf94c.jpg

:roll1:

Edited by Dave-H
Addition