When will there be a version for Windows 10 1703?

Hey folks. Never version v1.5.5 is up for Creators Abortion. The machine that was crashing is stable now. All is well... both monsterbooks are working great now.

Thanks @bigmuscle - I sent you a few more thank you Euros even though I am all set for life on key creation capabilities.

Fixed-v.1.5.5.thumb.JPG.bc92018a7f4227d60817d7fe190b1a9f.JPG

Edited by BJFox

This new version doesn't work in modern apps that use Acrylic (one of the components of Fluent Design) in its title bar like Paint 3D, Photos, Movies and TV, The Store, Calculator, Alarms and clock, Maps etc, in some of those applications you can not move the window from the titlebar, it also doesn't work on Microsoft Edge or Onenote.

a563ab3cb531cf263c8e23222b90a56f7c3c0f8e

Works well in apps that don't use Acrylic in their titlebar like Settings, Groove, Mail, Calendar, Skype, Weather, Deezer etc.

6db81c997dd191d560a0206bf623be984d597022

Edited by carlitosoo555

1 hour ago, carlitosoo555 said:

This new version doesn't work in modern apps that use Acrylic (one of the components of Fluent Design) in its title bar like Paint 3D, Photos, Movies and TV, The Store, Calculator, Alarms and clock, Maps etc, in some of those applications you can not move the window from the titlebar, it also doesn't work on Microsoft Edge or Onenote.

a563ab3cb531cf263c8e23222b90a56f7c3c0f8e

Works well in apps that don't use Acrylic in their titlebar like Settings, Groove, Mail, Calendar, Skype, Weather, Deezer etc.

6db81c997dd191d560a0206bf623be984d597022

Thanks for saying something. I do not use Windows 10 UWA software for anything. (I remove just about all UWA apps from the ISO prior to installation, including Cortana, Skype, OneNote, etc.) I could have gone for the rest of my life and not known the items you mentioned are not working correctly with AeroGlass. Good catch!

1 hour ago, CKyHC said:

Thanks for the update! But it's still no 32-bit version. Hope you made it later.

Below your name and avatar it shows Windows 10 x64. Do you have a system running 32-bit Windows 10 that requires the 32-bit version? Or, is there a reason you prefer using the 32-bit version of AeroGlass with 64-bit Windows? I hope that doesn't seem like a stupid question on my part, but I am sincerely curious since I saw you post it a couple of times. Am I missing out on something special in terms of aesthetics or functionality by using the 64-bit version instead of 32-bit?

Edited by BJFox

On 8/15/2017 at 1:25 AM, bigmuscle said:

Thank you for the minidump file. I found the bug and will reupload the fixed version immediately when it is fixed.

Thank you for the update to 1.5.5!!  It's working great now!

5 hours ago, BJFox said:

Below your name and avatar it shows Windows 10 x64. Do you have a system running 32-bit Windows 10 that requires the 32-bit version? Or, is there a reason you prefer using the 32-bit version of AeroGlass with 64-bit Windows? I hope that doesn't seem like a stupid question on my part, but I am sincerely curious since I saw you post it a couple of times. Am I missing out on something special in terms of aesthetics or functionality by using the 64-bit version instead of 32-bit?

I have two comps at home with 64-bit Windows 10, but on my work my comp is Windows 10 x32. Many old perepherials that didn't have 64-bit drivers. So I need 32-version AG for my work comp...

@BJFox
You can only use 64-bit Aero Glass on 64-bit Windows and only 32-bit Aero Glass on 32-bit Windows. People may have multiple different systems, the system they have for display below their avatar could just be their favorite/main OS. Some haven't updated it for a while. Some people also prefer to use 32-bit system on the weaker hardware, even if CPU is 64-bit capable and all drivers are available.

It appears to me that 32 bit Aero Glass will no longer be supported. This is the change log from the download section for Aero Glass 1.5.5:

-- 1.5.5 (20.8.2017) -- * fixed drawing context destructor hook * fixed DPI-Awareness on UWP apps titlebars * hopefully fixed titlebars on UWP apps with extended frame - ApplicationFrame symbols are required to make this work correctly -- 1.5.4 (12.8.2017) -- * version designed for Windows 10 Creators Update (10.0.15063) * dropped support for 32-bit systems

45 minutes ago, Alanrh said:

* hopefully fixed titlebars on UWP apps with extended frame

- ApplicationFrame symbols are required to make this work correctly

Thanks for a fix possibility. I just downloaded ApplicationFrame symbols and ALL Modern Apps became normal.

Edited by CKyHC

7 hours ago, CKyHC said:

Thanks for a fix possibility. I just downloaded ApplicationFrame symbols and ALL Modern Apps became normal.

How about to share with the rest of us? 

I tried downloading the symbols for ApplicationFrame but it did not seem to make a difference.

1 hour ago, tmaxx said:

How about to share with the rest of us? 

I tried downloading the symbols for ApplicationFrame but it did not seem to make a difference.

I downloaded Applicationframe.pdb (B908AAD45A80CE9EA3ECA241A4C30BD31) and put it into AeroGlass\symbols folder. Then reregister DWMGlass.dll through regsvr32.exe and rebooted.

BigMuscle I'm still waiting the 32 bit version. Please made it.

Edited by CKyHC