When will there be a version for Windows 10 1703?

Hi, Win 10 Creators update was now forced upon me (even though I was avoiding it to the best of my ability), I have been a super happy (and donated) Aero Glass user for a while now. I found this fix http://winaero.com/blog/aero-glass-windows-10-creators-update/ but it appears to be a debug beta with the watermark visible and a dwm.exe window visibly open doing it's thing...

Any hope for a new update for this? It would be very much appreciated, I still cannot stand the no aero look. :(

Edit: And yes I signed up for this problem. :)

But what is troubling is that the comment was "very soon" in April... :/

Best regards,

Mikko

Edited by Raimoraimog

11 hours ago, Raimoraimog said:

but it appears to be a debug beta with the watermark visible and a dwm.exe window visibly open doing it's thing...

Any hope for a new update for this? It would be very much appreciated, I still cannot stand the no aero look. :(

Yes, that's the one and only version supporting Creators Update right now. Not much is heard from the author on these forums in recent months, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

20 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Yes, that's the one and only version supporting Creators Update right now. Not much is heard from the author on these forums in recent months, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

A shame, I hope he's still doing it. :(

Mine still says "cannot hook dwm" after following that guide. What do I do?

Edit: after trying to close the batch file, it reopens and just gives dwm error again... is there a better guide that actually works?

Edited by cons013

For anyone looking for a definitive installation guide to installing the current 'debug' version of Aero Glass for Windows 10 Creators Update, check out this post on WinAero: http://winaero.com/blog/aero-glass-windows-10-creators-update/

Note that one can easily 'Move/Minimize and Hide' the annoying dwm.exe debug console window+taskbar icon to another virtual 'desktop' using the Windows 10 'Task View' feature.  Also, I used the SplashImage command in an AutoHotkey script to hide the annoying AeroGlass Watermarks on all my active monitors.

I really hope Big Muscle can step up and communicate with the community he created here.  The current debug version is working really well on all my Creators Update machines.  Why not just release it as a 'Beta' version and get rid of all the debug crap?

Also, Big Muscle, if you need more financial resources to make this project viable for you, why don't you just ask the community to pitch in again?  I (and many others) would be perfectly happy to donate another $20 (even for each new Windows release) to get timely releases going again!!  I just hate the flat/ugly non-transparent Windows 10 look - and so do MANY others!  Just ask for what you need to keep this project going - but please don't flake out and communicate nothing, and leave us all hanging in limbo for months on end!
-JT :cool:

Edited by JTB3

19 minutes ago, cons013 said:

How do you get rid of the watermark? My donation key works, debug file shows all is well, but the watermark is still there

the watermark is always there in the beta versions, it can be turned off only in the final versions. (which there isn't)

13 hours ago, JTB3 said:

For anyone looking for a definitive installation guide to installing the current 'debug' version of Aero Glass for Windows 10 Creators Update, check out this post on WinAero: http://winaero.com/blog/aero-glass-windows-10-creators-update/

Note that one can easily 'Move/Minimize and Hide' the annoying dwm.exe debug console window+taskbar icon to another virtual 'desktop' using the Windows 10 'Task View' feature.  Also, I used the SplashImage command in an AutoHotkey script to hide the annoying AeroGlass Watermarks on all my active monitors.

I really hope Big Muscle can step up and communicate with the community he created here.  The current debug version is working really well on all my Creators Update machines.  Why not just release it as a 'Beta' version and get rid of all the debug crap?

Also, Big Muscle, if you need more financial resources to make this project viable for you, why don't you just ask the community to pitch in again?  I (and many others) would be perfectly happy to donate another $20 (even for each new Windows release) to get timely releases going again!!  I just hate the flat/ugly non-transparent Windows 10 look - and so do MANY others!  Just ask for what you need to keep this project going - but please don't flake out and communicate nothing, and leave us all hanging in limbo for months on end!

Share your ahk script?

On 8/1/2017 at 8:18 AM, JTB3 said:

I really hope Big Muscle can step up and communicate with the community he created here.  The current debug version is working really well on all my Creators Update machines.  Why not just release it as a 'Beta' version and get rid of all the debug crap?

This!

• 2 weeks later...