Android is Now More Popular than Windows Worldwide

Jody Thornton

Still Jaclaz, most computer usage is tied to the Internet.  Even in an office setting, all of our apps are now online.  We don't use any locally installed apps other than Adobe Audition, our browser or our FTP Client.  So I'd say it's still relevant.

Windows is slowly dying.  That's not hype.  People I used to see using PCs with Windows all of the time, don't any more.

:(

Well, the whole thing revolves around what "computing" is.

Many years ago the usage of any computer was reserved to a "niche" of (usually highly skilled) workers that used it to do faster things that were complex or lengthy if done by hand, i.e. the computer came in little numbers AND it was a working tool.

Fast forward everyone has a computer (in the form of either a computer or a smartphone, usually both) and uses it for anything, including knowing what the current weather is (personally I open my (glass) window and know what is the local weather even without being connected).

So, you have with you at all times this nice shiny little rectangle with rounded corners and you compulsively check news, facebook, mail every 5 minutes or so  or - even if you are not an addict - you have a few minutes to wait - say at your doctor's - and instead of reading a stale magazine you find in the waiting room, you go looking for some youtube lol videos ...

I have no doubt that "internet usage" of Android is large and is going to increase ...

jaclaz

4 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Well, the whole thing revolves around what "computing" is.

In other words, "computing", nowadays, is what "computing" really is not!
An oxymoron, maybe, but nevertheless, true.